Hello! Brighton newbie..

Introduce yourself, learn the ropes of our community, and ask questions! || Also check out the guidebook here.

Moderators: Wheely Sweet, Teeny

rach6288
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello! Brighton newbie..

Post by rach6288 » 01 Nov 2023, 15:58

Hi everyone,

I’m bringing my anime obsessed 12 year old daughter to the Brighton event at the weekend.

First time for both of us and was hoping for any tips to get the most out of the weekend!

Are we ok to just attend and wonder around/dip in and out of things- or is it better to make a solid plan based on the timetable?

Also, she’s autistic, and I imagine will be in her element but are there any quiet areas for if things get a bit too much?

Thank you!

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Hello! Brighton newbie..

Post by LilMissLarBear » 02 Nov 2023, 17:25

I can't say for Brighton specifically but I have been to a few of these conventions so I can give a few tips/bits of info:

-you can indeed dip in and out of rooms as events are happening you don't need to stay for the full thing

-likewise overall, once you get your wristband you can leave and re enter the venue as many times as you wish you just need to show volunteers/staff your wristband

-im not sure if Brighton venue has a room specifically just to sit and chill the closest thing you will get is the anime room if it's not busy and the stage seating in between events.

- I'm also autistic and I find it more useful to have a look at the timetable before hand, once you register and/or at for a ticket you will get an email closer to the time wit a con book you can download on your phone. I personally love having a flick through and deciding what I want to do, you may even want to sit with your daughter and actually write down what you want to do by the hour if that helps her.

- Oh and it can be quite full on with the amount of stuff going on so of course put time aside to decide when to eat, sit down, look around. I know that's a given but it's so easy to get carried away lol

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Hello! Brighton newbie..

Post by Teeny » 02 Nov 2023, 18:14

Hope you both have fun at the convention :)
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello! Brighton newbie..

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 02 Nov 2023, 19:15

rach6288 wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 15:58
Hi everyone,

I’m bringing my anime obsessed 12 year old daughter to the Brighton event at the weekend.

First time for both of us and was hoping for any tips to get the most out of the weekend!

Are we ok to just attend and wonder around/dip in and out of things- or is it better to make a solid plan based on the timetable?

Also, she’s autistic, and I imagine will be in her element but are there any quiet areas for if things get a bit too much?

Thank you!

I'm on the ASD Spectrum myself (Aspergers, diagnosed 24 years last Tuesday ago at the age of 23) so I know your pain.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Wheely Sweet
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Hello! Brighton newbie..

Post by Wheely Sweet » 05 Nov 2023, 16:56

Hi @rach6288 welcome to Anime League :)

Whenever I've been I've dipped in and out of things. I hope you both enjoy the con.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or want to chat

Find me here - https://linktr.ee/WheelySweet

Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant || Come say hi in Entrance Lounge & join in our events! || My Journal