Hello

Introduce yourself, learn the ropes of our community, and ask questions! || Also check out the guidebook here.

Moderators: Wheely Sweet, Teeny

AlterAstolfo
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by AlterAstolfo » 26 Jul 2023, 19:21

Hows it going, Anime League. 

Thought I'd make a forum account to talk about anime and gaming more, see if any one else on here share my interests... make some friends and so on. 

So I'm a big Fate fan;

Was a huge Star Wars fan (Rip Expanded Universe);

Still like to kick back and enjoy the Halo Trilogy;

And am a Whovian up until the Russel T Davis Era (trying to get into Classic Who);

djd001
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by djd001 » 26 Jul 2023, 22:45

Hi welcome aboard!
I too am a fan of the original Star wars films (lets forget 1-3!!)
Have a look around the forums and jump in.
There is a Whovian club (all started with a distant memory of Tom Baker for me!, and) @LikkleMel is the resident Dr Who fan!
Once you’ve met someone, you never really forget them. it just takes a while for your memories to return

AlterAstolfo
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by AlterAstolfo » 27 Jul 2023, 11:29

Cool, for me its number 7 (never continued from there) and TCW which I dislike. My first Star Wars experience was Knights of the Old Republic from back in the old Xbox original days.

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Hello

Post by Ferefire » 27 Jul 2023, 16:29

Welcome aboard, you planning to go to any of the cons or just here for chatting? :)
---

AlterAstolfo
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by AlterAstolfo » 27 Jul 2023, 17:56

Planning on the three day London one in February.

Also here to chat, make friends...

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Hello

Post by LikkleMel » 27 Jul 2023, 18:48

Yes I like Doctor Who ^_^ Can't wait for the 60th though they need to hype it up more ;P
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

djd001
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by djd001 » 27 Jul 2023, 19:01

AlterAstolfo wrote:
27 Jul 2023, 11:29
My first Star Wars experience was Knights of the Old Republic from back in the old Xbox original days.
Short of a demo of Battlefront on PS4 I've never played the Star wars games. not sure why, I'd love to control a B-wing, or AT-AT or Imperial cruiser.....
Once you’ve met someone, you never really forget them. it just takes a while for your memories to return

AlterAstolfo
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by AlterAstolfo » 27 Jul 2023, 19:11

Yeah, I've played a few of the games from the Legends continuity so;

Knights of the Old Republic I and II (The Sith Lords)
Star Wars Battlefront II (2005) and Renegade Squadron (PSP Game)
Republic Commando
Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy
Forced Unleashed I and II
Empire at War
Some of Dark Forces (not completed it)
Some of Bounty Hunter (not completed it)

I've not really touched Disney Star Wars. I only watched Episode VII and didn't like it. And EA Battlefront I did pre-order but when I heard it lacked a campaign I cancelled my pre-order.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Hello

Post by Teeny » 27 Jul 2023, 21:38

Welcome to Anime League @AlterAstolfo :)
We're a friendly community so I'm sure you'll have no problem making friends here :^_^:
I watched Dr Who up until Peter Capaldi and then stopped, I should probably try and catch up with it sometime!
What other animes do you like besides Fate?

Have fun on the forum! :)
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

AlterAstolfo
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by AlterAstolfo » 27 Jul 2023, 21:49

Beyond Fate...

I also like Madoka Magica, Psycho Pass, Hunter x Hunter, Monster, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Mobile Suit Gundam, Space Battle Ship Yamato, Ergo Proxy, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Wolfs Rain, Berserk, Claymore and Baccano! Those are some of my favourites.

I did watch some of Calpadi, but I just didn't like the series. It didn't have the same charm the older seasons did so I just sort of cashed out my chips and moved on to other things (around that time I was just getting into Anime).

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Hello

Post by Teeny » 27 Jul 2023, 21:57

That's awesome! From your list I also really love Berserk, Claymore, FMA, Monster, Madoka Magica, Pyscho Pass, all great animes! :D
I didn't get that far into Fate unfortunately, I think I've only watched Fate/Zero so far. :sweatdrop:
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

AlterAstolfo
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by AlterAstolfo » 27 Jul 2023, 22:04

I watched all the Fate's up to Strange Fake (one that came out the beginning of the month). The only ones I've missed at the Lord El Meloi special as I'm having trouble finding it online and the Magical Girl spin off. I mean I've even watched the Deen ones and Lunar Legend Tsukihime.

The last one is not a Fate but the anime adaption of Tsukihime which kicked off the whole Nasuverse.

Fate/Zero was my second fate, and the first Gen Urobuchi show I saw. Which led me to watch Psycho Pass and Madoka Magica. Psycho Pass I'm thankfully all caught up for the new movie, I just watched Sinners of the System, but finding where the dub is being screened in the UK is proven difficult.

djd001
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by djd001 » 28 Jul 2023, 21:38

I think the problem with he Dr's after Tennant was, the writing went down hill Matt Smith kept it going with his cool bow tie, but I just lost it when PC took over and couldn't watch, I tried dearly to watch Jodie's take on it, but again it just felt wrong because of the writing and directing.
Controversial opinion most likely.
I'm new to the Anime scene per-se myself, short of Studio Ghibli, Akira and GIAS in the 80's/90's (Thank you old Channel 4 also bringer of NFL - until Sky got it's monopolising mitts on it.....) I'd not seen anything really until this year when I went to the Brum convention with daughters for a birthday treat.
Since then I've watched:
The Way of the house husband
Spy x Family
Cowboy bebop
My Hero Academia
Started watching Gintama (1st 6 episodes I think)
Now I'm slowly working my way through Jojo#s Bizarre adventures (back end of season 2)

AlterAstolfo
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by AlterAstolfo » 30 Jul 2023, 12:30

Yeah, I think the writing took a nose dive when Moffat took over. And then it was as if in later series they wanted to make it divisive and political all the time. And it just isn't fun anymore. I got into anime probably during the lockdown, I was bored and newer Film and Video Games had long since stopped being fun.

So I got into Anime, I watched Fate/Apocrypha and became a Type-Moon fan. Before that I had seen four shows - Evangelion, Legend of the Galactic Heroes (the new one), Yamato and Goblin Slayer over a few years. Don't think I'd watched an anime till 2015 or 2016, that would have been Yamato as it was after I watched... Forced Awakens which killed my interest in Star Wars for about a year till I read Heir to the Empire.

Wheely Sweet
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Hello

Post by Wheely Sweet » 13 Aug 2023, 18:06

Hi and welcome to Anime League @AlterAstolfo :)

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or you want to chat. I hope you enjoy it here :)

Find me here - https://linktr.ee/WheelySweet

Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant || Come say hi in Entrance Lounge & join in our events! || My Journal