Hi everyone, am new here :)

Introduce yourself, learn the ropes of our community, and ask questions! || Also check out the guidebook here.

Moderators: Wheely Sweet, Teeny

Ani Craft Devon
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Ani Craft Devon » 24 Apr 2023, 15:14

Hi everyone, I'm Andy or Anime Crafts Devon (my socials name, wasn't allowed to use full name in sign up  :sweatdrop: ) and live in Devon.

Am a big anime fan (15+ yrs) and Fantasy/Sci-Fi fan.

I am a creator of anime & Vocaloid arts & Crafts (primarily handmade figurines) and a new aspiring cosplay outfit maker, would be happy to upload some pics if anyone would like to see some.

Have applied and hoping to volunteer at the AL cons in Birmingham & Brighton (unable to attend Bristol or Cardiff unfortunately  :v_v: ) and hope to attend more next year if able to.

I am looking to make new like minded friends on this forum and in the SW region and to be more of a part of the anime community here in the UK.

Hope my self intro was okay  :sweatdrop:

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 24 Apr 2023, 15:29

Welcome @Ani Craft Devon, to the AL Forums.

I hope your application for crewing goes well.

We don't encourage the use of the forums as advertising for your business, so please be careful with what photos you publish. If you are making the costumes/accessories yourself, and don't include a business link (as in Look at this cool XXXXX pendant I just made for my XXXX costume that I will be wearing to ZZZZZ Con) that will probably be OK. You could start a thread in the Arts, Cosplay & Writing section. Crafters like LikkleMel and GraceMellody show off their creations there as well.

Although you have said quite a bit about yourself already, why not join in the Ice Breaker event and reveal even more?

Drop by the Anime & Manga section and tell us a bit about the series you have enjoyed/are watching now, and don't forget to join in with some of the fun and games in all the sections.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Ani Craft Devon
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Ani Craft Devon » 24 Apr 2023, 15:40

Thank you and I hope so too.

Thank you for the advise, I don't create arts & crafts for business/selling purposes, just create them for fun and to share my passion for anime.

Yes I will be sure to check out the other events, topics and sections to let you get to know me better and vice versa.

Thank you for the message.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 24 Apr 2023, 18:05

Hey @Ani Craft Devon :^_^:
Welcome to Anime League!
We are a friendly community so I hope you will enjoy it here.
I'm sure everyone would love to see your arts & crafts! I recommend creating your own thread in the Arts section of the forum so you can show off your work :D
Feel free to also take a look at all sections of the forum though, there are several places to chat with people across it, journals is a great place to go to chat with and get to know other forum members :D
Have fun and feel free to message if you have any questions ^^
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Ani Craft Devon
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Ani Craft Devon » 25 Apr 2023, 09:41

Hey :)
Thank you!
Yes I will do when I get the chance!
Yes will be sure to check out the variety of topics and forums.
Thank you and yes will do if needed

Wheely Sweet
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Post by Wheely Sweet » 28 Apr 2023, 19:03

Hi @Ani Craft Devon welcome to Anime League :)

Tell us more about you.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or want to chat. I hope you enjoy it here :)

Find me here - https://linktr.ee/WheelySweet

Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant || Come say hi in Entrance Lounge & join in our events! || My Journal

Ani Craft Devon
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Ani Craft Devon » 28 Apr 2023, 19:57

Wheely Sweet wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 19:03
Hi @Ani Craft Devon welcome to Anime League :)

Tell us more about you.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or want to chat. I hope you enjoy it here :)

Thank you :) Am enjoying the atmosphere so far :)

Am still new to the whole forum thing lol (not very social media savvy, despite being in my early 30's :haha: ) but will try my best to get involved as much as I can.

Work in retail, so not the most exciting job in the world, but pays the bills and pays to attend cons.

My dream job would be to become a full time anime con or comic-con events organiser or along those lines.

Have been an anime fan for 15 years but have decided this year and onwards to be more involved with the anime community.

Have volunteered at 2 anime cons this year so far (which I loved, as find it fun and fascinating being involved and seeing all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes) and plan to volunteer at lots more (including several with AL, fingers crossed) and as many as my budget will allow :haha:

Not sure what else to say, so will leave it there for now

Wheely Sweet
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Post by Wheely Sweet » 28 Apr 2023, 21:05

It's nice to know more about you :)

Find me here - https://linktr.ee/WheelySweet

Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant || Come say hi in Entrance Lounge & join in our events! || My Journal

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 04 May 2023, 16:31

Welcome aboard there :)
---

Ani Craft Devon
Great Britain

Achievements