And Everything I Can't Remember

Introduce yourself, learn the ropes of our community, and ask questions! || Also check out the guidebook here.

Moderators: Wheely Sweet, Teeny

Jade Dragosani
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Jade Dragosani » 04 Apr 2023, 01:10

Hello. I'm new-ish. As in, I joined AL back in 2005 when people still used MSN and AIM and cable internet was JUST becoming a thing. LoL. Anyways, how about I introduce myself. Some of you who might have been here for ages may remember me as Princess Jade.
My name is Jade. Or well, it's my middle name. Or will be, once I get my government paperwork in order. My given name is Asher. I'm fine with either, I've used Jade since like 2004 as my online handle and it's as much a part of me as the name on my legal paperwork.
I'm a thirty-six year old, polyamorous, trans-man. My pronouns are he/they. I have two partners, my husband whom I've been with for 16 years (fun fact, I met him on Anime League which always freaks people who know us IRL out because a. Nerds b. I moved across country for him) and my permanent secondary partner whom I've been with for 4 years (but we've been friends since 2010-ish). I have two kids, ages 15 and 12. Which is sometimes insane to me.
I live in Cache Valley, Utah. Which is exactly as scenic and rural as it sounds. I have 3/4 of a Creative Writing Degree and then I ran out of funding to finish, so now I work at a gas station. Poetry is my first love, but I've dabbled in fiction. It's entirely possible I self pubbed a book once, and it's available on Zon if you really want to know.
I LOVE books. Especially queer romances. Extra especially Omegaverse romances. Some of my recent Favorites: Breaking Jade by Quil Carter, Hold Me Under by Riley Nash, For Real by Alexis Hall, Heat of Love series by Leta Blake, Ugly by Roe Horvat...
I'm a major music junkie. I always have something going. My happy place is mid00s emo/alt rock/nu metal. It drives both my husband and my oldest insane. I have a perhaps ridiculous obsession with Andy Beirsack of Black Veil Brides/Andy Black. Favorite songs: BVB--overature/Dead Man Walking AB- We Dont Have to Dance & Put The Gun Down. Favorite band if forced to choose is beyond a doubt Mayday Parade. I'm currently obsessed with their cover of When I Grow Up. Also, it's worth noting my CD changer holds 6 discs and 4 of them are Mayday albums. The odd ducks being, Linkin Park Hybrid Theory (husband's choice) and Panic! At The Disco A Fever You Can't Sweat Out (15s choice).
I like ice hockey. Go, Knights, Go!!. My fave player is Robin Lehner. My backup fave team are the Bruins.
I have bipolar disorder. Sometimes my brain is a dangerous place.
Ummm I don't know what else is worth mentioning. Feel free to ask me questions if you want. Anyway, I'm glad to be back! Can't wait to meet some new faces and make friends here.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 04 Apr 2023, 01:12

can't say i remember you from way back when, but trans rep is always good around these parts (i'm transfemme) translol

Jade Dragosani
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Jade Dragosani » 04 Apr 2023, 01:55

lolin, okay, I don't even remember Mikes user. But other than him, people I remember names for from way back are like Mewski, and then Blah, and like Yoko Kurama (who I got to meet in person when he was on his mission up in Idaho Falls serving in my MILs ward) and like, yeah, that's about all the names I remember. LoL okay and Prince Blake who was way more active than me. But he almost doesn't count because like, I married that idiot.
Trans rep is good everywhere, I think.. My 15 year old is nonbinary as well.
My MIL is super uptight and Mormon. So like, she still thinks I'm doing this for attention and says it's not a thing because the LDS church says so. She refuses to use my new name, and insists on calling me A because my old name was also an A name. Meanwhile I'm like, dude, it's been four years. I've had top surgery. I'm on track for full hysto end of this year and perhaps bottom surgery next year. They don't just LET you do that shit. And then she gets upset that my 15 year old refuses to have anything to do with her.
It's cool. I'm waiting for next year when we hopefully buy a house and move our partner in with us. And then getting to explain that nope, we've been with him for four years and he's not going anywhere and all the sibs but the marine (who is somehow the most open-minded of the bunch) disown us as heathens.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 04 Apr 2023, 13:28

i understand the mormon world pretty well, honestly

was raised mormon, very much NOT mormon anymore, as one might imagine! can't deal with religious people, they're never going to "get it", you just have to hope they're going to either settle or move on

unfortunately either of those options are difficult for them to grasp as well :<

sorry you have to deal with her

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 04 Apr 2023, 14:41

Welcome back to Anime League @Jade Dragosani :dance:
Great intro! I hope you will enjoy being back here.
:D
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Wheely Sweet
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Post by Wheely Sweet » 04 Apr 2023, 18:33

Hi and welcome back to Anime League @Jade Dragosani

Such a lovely and detailed intro!

I hope you enjoy it here again. Feel free to message me if you have any questions or you want to chat :)

Find me here - https://linktr.ee/WheelySweet

Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant || Come say hi in Entrance Lounge & join in our events! || My Journal

Jade Dragosani
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Jade Dragosani » 04 Apr 2023, 20:33

Wheely Sweet, hello! Creative Writing Major, I am incapable of operating without using ALL the words. I am regularly accused of being that friend who texts an entire novel when a two word answer would have sufficed. Also, yes! Chat. I want to make friends here, that's my main reason for coming back. Once upon a time some of my best friends were from AL. I don't think I would have survived the end of senior year without the support network I made here.
And I realized that I missed that. Also the fun and insanity of AL. Like, my dirty book friends are a great group of people too. But sometimes it's all very serious. Also, do you know the guilt of hitting up your bestie and they're lost in word land so it's like, wait forever for them to come up for air agian or worse, pinging them distracts them from the thing that makes the words go and youve trashed word count for the day. Yeah, it's a whole thing.

Wheely Sweet
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Post by Wheely Sweet » 04 Apr 2023, 21:11

I'm glad you decided to come back and I can see you are one for using a lot of words but that's not a bad thing, it's nice to see. I just struggle to know what to say most of the time :haha:

Find me here - https://linktr.ee/WheelySweet

Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant || Come say hi in Entrance Lounge & join in our events! || My Journal

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 04 Apr 2023, 21:23

Welcome back @Jade Dragosani. I'm pretty much a newcomer here, so we have never met, but don't let that stop you from getting in touch if you have any questions. I probably can't answer them, but...
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Jade Dragosani
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Jade Dragosani » 04 Apr 2023, 21:27

Ojisama, there's more to life than being the fount of all needful information. That said, I think I'm managing okay other than I saw some interesting places to check out in the clans page. If I can figure out how you join one. (MUSIC and also a queer spaces one. And can I be in more than one) LoL.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 04 Apr 2023, 22:11

Jade Dragosani wrote:
04 Apr 2023, 21:27
Ojisama, there's more to life than being the fount of all needful information. That said, I think I'm managing okay other than I saw some interesting places to check out in the clans page. If I can figure out how you join one. (MUSIC and also a queer spaces one. And can I be in more than one) LoL.

The Clan section is due for reorganisation quite soon. @LikkleMel will be able to help you with joining a Club (new name for Clan), but you might want to wait and see what survives the knife.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 05 Apr 2023, 15:30

Ojisama wrote:
04 Apr 2023, 22:11
Jade Dragosani wrote:
04 Apr 2023, 21:27

The Clan section is due for reorganisation quite soon. @LikkleMel will be able to help you with joining a Club (new name for Clan), but you might want to wait and see what survives the knife.

Yes I am sorting this today ^_^
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~