Hello

Introduce yourself, learn the ropes of our community, and ask questions! || Also check out the guidebook here.

Moderators: Wheely Sweet, Ttosk, Teeny

connorriley6
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by connorriley6 » 31 Oct 2020, 17:56

Hello everyone, I'm Connor nice to meet you. I'm 24 and live in Lancashire, I talk to people and all that, but don't have any friends into anime lol. Hopefully, I can meet people online and IRL who enjoys what I do, gets kind of boring when you cannot talk about your hobby with others.

Anyway, I like anime, manga, manhua, and manhwa, lol. Like Japan itself, yes I know two of them are not Japanese lol. Thinking about going to them anime cons but, would be better if I can meet people to go with, and not on my own lol.
Last edited by connorriley6 on 31 Oct 2020, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

Teeny
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Hello

Post by Teeny » 31 Oct 2020, 18:00

@connorriley6 Hi Connor! Welcome to Anime League :dance:
There are lots of people here who enjoy anime so you've found the right place, we are a friendly bunch so hopefully you will make some friends here.
Hopefully when covid has calmed down and the cons are running as normal you can attend one. I ended up going on my own but made some friends on the forum beforehand to meet up with there, it was good :) There is a virtual con happening here in a couple of weeks which you might enjoy checking out too.

Which animes do you enjoy?

Have fun!
:^_^:
Let the whole world burn... 
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

connorriley6
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by connorriley6 » 31 Oct 2020, 18:06

@Teeny Thank you for the kind, and warm welcome, and yes hopefully and it sounds cool these virtual meet-up things will look into it. I like many, from fairy tail to bleach, even Yugioh. But Getting into many new ones like noblesse, and the god of highschool. I have seen many from even death note, and code geass, I'll be here all day if I said them all :) But my fav would be Saint Seiya, cause of the gods, with fighting and cool abilities. Another two favs of my would be my first anime Shaman King, and another new one is called Kengan Ashura.

Honestly, if you can name it I might have seen it.

Nuggies
Black Member
Black Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by Nuggies » 31 Oct 2020, 18:21

Hello and welcome!

As someone who is still fairly new here I can say that this place has been nothing but welcoming and friendly and I hope you find you feet and take part elsewhere in the forums!

As a Yorkshireman, I'm not too happy about seeing Lancashire but I suppose I can let it slide :lol:

I'm a fan of a lot of anime, my favourite being Fairy Tail, and I'm currently rebinging Naruto which is also quite high on the list.

Japanese culture is so intriguing and I'm doing my absolute best to learn more. Would love to go for a walk around the Imperial Gardens one day.

What's your top 5 anime/manga?

connorriley6
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by connorriley6 » 31 Oct 2020, 18:35

@miserableatbest Nice to see someone else new, I didn't know we had a rivalry lol, clueless about that stuff lol, So I'm sure we will get along. Me I wish to stay in one of the Japanese hotels one day, with hot springs and hope to see the sakura trees bloom.

Top five hmm.
Shaman King
Saint Seiya
History's Strongest Disiple Kenichi
Kengan Ashura
Magi

But I do love stuff like, one piece, naruto and bleach, the only reason they wouldn't get on my list is that. I love anime where we see more from other characters, not just the main ones. Bleach we do see many other characters highlighted, even more so with naruto and one piece, but not as much as my favs lol. But do like slice of life anime. If I had to picked a 6th Prince Of Tennis.

Heyitslaurenk
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Hello

Post by Heyitslaurenk » 31 Oct 2020, 18:45

Welcome! @connorriley6 nice to meet you too :) I hope you enjoy your time here and make plenty of friends. I think the virtual con will be a nice way to ease into cons to be fair and it will be loads fun! But in terms of visiting the regular cons my tip would be to just go for it. I actually heard of Anime League for quite a while before I attended my first con mainly because I had that same issue as you so I just went to my first one by myself and it was awesome! Of course next time I, too, would love to meet others but if that is only bothering you then don't let it! :D

Heyitslaurenk
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Hello

Post by Heyitslaurenk » 31 Oct 2020, 18:47

miserableatbest wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 18:21

As a Yorkshireman, I'm not too happy about seeing Lancashire but I suppose I can let it slide :lol:

Ayyeee Im the same lol sorry @connorriley6 :sweatdrop: Im sure we can put differences aside... right?

connorriley6
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by connorriley6 » 31 Oct 2020, 18:48

@Boo!ItsMary Thanks for welcoming me, it doesn't scare me to go on my own, years ago it would. I just thought it would be nice to go with people, but yeah still will go on my own to see how it is. Yeah no doubt lol, we can get along.

connorriley6
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by connorriley6 » 31 Oct 2020, 18:52

@miserableatbest Sorry couldn't tag you before works now.

Nuggies
Black Member
Black Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by Nuggies » 31 Oct 2020, 19:29

connorriley6

No worries, my tags are being a bit iffy at the moment.

It's just an old rivalry since the war of the Roses. Which you buggers won. I don't take it overly seriously, unless for giggles or sporting events :lol:

Wheely Sweet
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by Wheely Sweet » 01 Nov 2020, 18:20

Hi @connorriley6 welcome to Anime League :)

I like Fairy Tail too.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or you want to chat. I hope you enjoy it here :)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Find me here - https://linktr.ee/WheelySweet

Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant
Come say hi in Entrance Lounge and join in our events! || My Journal

connorriley6
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by connorriley6 » 01 Nov 2020, 18:27

Nice to meet you :) I was wondering when you would pop up. I saw you in other hello topics thought I was being left out lol. Who is your fav character in fairy tail? Also fav magic doesn't have to be from your fav character. And third question, which one is your fav demon, dragon, or god slayer magic. @Wheely Sweet

Wheely Sweet
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by Wheely Sweet » 01 Nov 2020, 19:39

@connorriley6 your post just happened to be after I last came on yesterday :haha:

It's hard to choose between Natsu, Lucy or Happy. Maybe Erza's magic and not sure. You?

Find me here - https://linktr.ee/WheelySweet

Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant
Come say hi in Entrance Lounge and join in our events! || My Journal

softnlil
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by softnlil » 02 Nov 2020, 12:50

hiya lovely! welcome to animeleague :3 I see that you like manhwa, what are your favourites? I love reading manhwas too! feel free to check out our anime and manga subforum where you can find all types of posts and threads on the topics and if you can't find one that you're looking for, why not make your own? ^^ i do hope that you enjoy your stay here and that you get stuck in with the forum! The mods (purple), hmods (green) and admins (red) will help you with any questions relating to the forum of course, you have assistants within the forum to help you around and become friends :3 i can't wait to see you around!
˱ 𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

⋆⋅ʚ 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘳 ɞ⋅⋆
𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 4 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬! 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘫𝘰𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘴
*•.¸♡ 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘭!!! ♡¸.•*
 ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘻𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘮𝘰𝘥 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘌𝘡 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦! 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 <33
 ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
𝘮𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵

connorriley6
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello

Post by connorriley6 » 02 Nov 2020, 15:30

I would go with Larcade Dragneel, also his magics Pleasure, Famished Soul, R.I.P. It's just not like other powers, yet he's powerful with abilties that are just like wow. And I would go with devil slayer, cause we don't know enough about god slayer yet. @Wheely Sweet

@Boonny Feng Nice to meet you and see another manhwa fan. Ooooh so many.
The God of High School - Love it love it oh and love it, the powers, abilties, the martial arts.
Ranker Who Lives A Second Time - Love it, his past his reasons, the new arcs everything.
Solo Leveling - good main character his powers and very good, and it's put into detail on how they grow.
Peerless Dad - Love it for the point it's about the next generation.
The Descent Of The Demonic Master - Very good don't wish to say why cause it could ruin it for you.

I would be here all day explaining all the ones I'm reading, if you have read it, most likely so have I lol. Even read things like Lady Baby, which is more about slice of life in away. If you wish to talk about any, up for it anytime.

Also read Noblesse. Another one would be MookHyang - Dark Lady.