Hello, thanks for offer. Yeah OK!

Introduce yourself, learn the ropes of our community, and ask questions! || Also check out the guidebook here.

Moderators: Ttosk, Teeny, Wheely Sweet

Pet Ken Mach
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Pet Ken Mach » 03 Sep 2020, 00:02

It's late. I found the vacancy for unpaid work at a Liverpool Convention and thought "Yes. I would like to help with that."
Goes without saying I have saw zero Anime outside of memes and the odd clip. I do game! Love the PlayStation yet currently still on PS3. Yeah, I'd say casual but pass me a manual and I'll install correct sequence of cables.
Its really late making this thread so I'll at least explain my username.
See, in the gulf wide open from not following Anime (and even the MCU, oh mate! My crimes are legion in that regard) is filled by my poetry (stuff in this thread doesn't come close, do have videos on my YouTube channel "Stygosi")
I've cleaned up after Customers at Aintree Racecourse. Served customers of Argos through a Call Centre. And even worked as a Poll Clerk during the EU referendum.
This could be a new direction? Willing to go forward with it. And if paid work comes up before then. Tssss... Oh I don't think a job will pop up suddenly given the current climate of loses.
And speaking of climate, the Covid factor. Ready to learn what the procedures are. Really wish companies that paid had forums potential employees could- MY USERNAME!!!
Well I put together this piece that will never get the sort of publishing you used to get called "Perpetual Enkindling Machine".
Pet Ken Mach came out from that. And seeing it typed out the Ken isn't even in the second word.
Also, you can rest assured I am not as articulate as spoken conversation.
Sexuality and dependents, well despite women leaving, I've been prescribed mirtazapine for ten years now.
So yes no children Can't drive either. Ever get the feeling if you rode a bike people would drive at you in attempt to kill you?
I have that but have also the functionality to put that behind me and focus on the task.
Well it's really late but look forward to answering any questions. And once again thank you for the application process!

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 03 Sep 2020, 00:17

@Dark_Flame_Master you got a crew buddy!! Make friends!! :D

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 03 Sep 2020, 03:45

Welcome to the forums!!
~UK Based Idol~
~Member of One Wish~

COME JOIN THE DISNEY CLAN!!!
~Video Gaming HMod / Chatroom Mod / Disney Queen / Queen of Stealing Hearts~
Feel free to PM me for anything! Image

Pixiedora
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Pixiedora » 03 Sep 2020, 07:58

Hello @Pet Ken Mach welcome to AL :D I hope you have a good time crewing when the cons come around :)

Dark_
Retroactive Member
Retroactive Member
Great Britain

Post by Dark_ » 03 Sep 2020, 09:48

LikkleGoddess wrote:
03 Sep 2020, 00:17
@Dark_Flame_Master you got a crew buddy!! Make friends!! :D

WoWo new friends! :D

welcome to the forum Pet Ken Mach ! if you need any help getting around the forums just contact me or one of the other mod/hmod/admins we will be happy to help! :D

SpInNy FinGeRS

weeabooweegee
Soul Reaper Member
Soul Reaper Member
Great Britain

Post by weeabooweegee » 03 Sep 2020, 17:32

Welcome to AL @Pet Ken Mach hope you enjoy your time here! :)

Wheely Sweet
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Wheely Sweet » 03 Sep 2020, 20:29

Hi @Pet Ken Mach welcome to Anime League :)

What hobbies do you have?

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or you want to chat. I hope you enjoy it here :)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Find me here - https://linktr.ee/WheelySweet

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant
Come say hi in Entrance Lounge and join in our events! || My Journal

Heyitslaurenk
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by Heyitslaurenk » 04 Sep 2020, 07:29

Woooo PlayStation buddies!!! Welcome to Anime League @Pet Ken Mach Are there any of the other cons that you attend or plan to attend?

Hope you enjoy your time here :) There are loads of summer events to get involved right now!

Teeny
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 04 Sep 2020, 11:43

Welcome to Anime League @Pat Ken Mach :dance:
Hope you have fun here and at the cons!
You should join us in our Entrance Lounge Ice Breaker. Good way to meet other members there :D

Pet Ken Mach
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Pet Ken Mach » 05 Sep 2020, 12:33

Thanks for the likes.
I love Doctor Who (even picked participating and follow the Sport over Doctor Who). I haven't followed their audios or books. But still watching.
I've put hundreds of hours into Lightning Returns. Yusnaan is clearly my happy place. Even bought the soundtrack box!
Huge Silent Hill Head. Took the Silent Hill turn as opposed to the Resident Evil. Could of had both, but there you go.
I don't watch as much archive TV as you'd expect.
I've also come to the conclusion I should have stuck with keyboards over thirty years ago then go on with the Bass. And considering how long I've been playing that I've got nothing but myself for realising why that isn't as good as others playing for a lesser time.
I also have the confidence to speak in front of a large group. It's the one to one small talk that sees it spiral to the dirt!

I've never attended a Con (Adelphi Hotel 1990 Doctor Who Convention? That count?) on this size before. I've agreed this year and the next Liverpool Convention.
It's amazing the dates are there and it really does come down to accommodation and travel dates.
So currently pencilled in two Cons. And like EXP I look forward to more of them after the level up!

Thanks again all for your responses!

Keilonrich22
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Keilonrich22 » 06 Sep 2020, 17:53

hey I hope to see you around :)
Keilonrich22
Master Otaku  Image

Teeny
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 13 Sep 2020, 10:44

Pet Ken Mach wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 12:33
Thanks for the likes.
I love Doctor Who (even picked participating and follow the Sport over Doctor Who). I haven't followed their audios or books. But still watching.
@Pet Ken Mach
I love Doctor Who also!
Which Doctor has been your favourite?

Pet Ken Mach
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Pet Ken Mach » 13 Sep 2020, 11:12

Teeny wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 10:44
Pet Ken Mach wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 12:33
Thanks for the likes.
@Pet Ken Mach
I love Doctor Who also!
Which Doctor has been your favourite?

They've all bought something to the table. Well apart from Richard E. Grant in that 2000(?) or later animation series. Nothing against the show being animated, he just didn't seem to get it.
Currently enjoying the latest Doctor more than I did Matt Smith's run. It is hard to pick a favourite. It's been harder seeing the fanbase seemingly collapse on itself with rumours and unsubstantiated nonsense. The Doctor Who R.I.P. 1963-1989 suddenly became 1963-2017 overnight.
It's hard to take it as seriously as it's haters do. Could explain why I'm a bit hands off with fandom. I get what I enjoy from it. No idea what it's going to look like when filming ends. But still looking forward to seeing it. It was amazing when it came back and had huge ratings. I remember the McCoy run. Up against a Soap Opera with no resources or vision from higher ups, but it still got made. And those stories still stand up.
Really should look into these Patrick Troughton animated stories.

Emma
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Emma » 20 Sep 2020, 15:18

Welcome to the Anime League community @Pet Ken Mach :)