Hi, I'm new

Introduce yourself, learn the ropes of our community, and ask questions! || Also check out the guidebook here.

Moderators: Wheely Sweet, Teeny

Quiet_ryan31
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi, I'm new

Post by Quiet_ryan31 » 24 May 2023, 21:35

Hi everyone,
I'm Ryan. I'm also on the older side of 39 at the end of May. Live in Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
I watched gundam when it first came out and always had a liking to anime.
Now I have a daughter who is into it, she is wanting to try cosplay and me and my partner arent going to let her be worried on her own. So we are going to give it a try aswell.
Be getting tickets for sundays Sheffield comic con in September.
This is just a friendly hello to you all and hope to see a few of you at some conventions.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Hi, I'm new

Post by Ojisama » 24 May 2023, 22:47

Welcome @Quiet_ryan31.

For my sins in a former life, I to now live in the Rotherham/Sheffield area. There is a strong Cosplay Community in this area, so you aren't on your own, and you will find many like minded souls at the many Cons that take place in the SY area. I've just been to one at Elsecar, and will be coming the the SAGC in September.

Do you have any characters in mind?
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Quiet_ryan31
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi, I'm new

Post by Quiet_ryan31 » 24 May 2023, 23:16

Thank you for the welcome @Ojisama

We are big anime fans. We been getting into demon Slayer, so me and my partner was looking into becoming giyu tomioka and shinobu kocho. Thought about shiki and rebecca from edens zero, but daughter want to do her own thing. Which I don't mind.
We did go to our first con at elsecar heritage center last Sunday without going full cosplay and felt a bit odd not doing so.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Hi, I'm new

Post by Ojisama » 25 May 2023, 11:44

Elsecar was very quiet this year. With all the Bank Holidays, a Con at Doncaster the weekend before, and kids half term coming up, I think that money became a bit tight for a lot of people. Last year the Con was HEAVING.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi, I'm new

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 25 May 2023, 12:09

Ojisama wrote:
25 May 2023, 11:44
Elsecar was very quiet this year. With all the Bank Holidays, a Con at Doncaster the weekend before, and kids half term coming up, I think that money became a bit tight for a lot of people. Last year the Con was HEAVING.

Yeah because a lot probably went for the same reason I did, to see one of the most beautiful women in England, Sophie Aldred.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi, I'm new

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 25 May 2023, 12:11

Quiet_ryan31 wrote:
24 May 2023, 21:35
Hi everyone,
I'm Ryan. I'm also on the older side of 39 at the end of May. Live in Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
Now I have a daughter who is into it, she is wanting to try cosplay and me and my partner arent going to let her be worried on her own. So we are going to give it a try aswell.
This is just a friendly hello to you all and hope to see a few of you at some conventions.

I'm coming to the Sheffield AL one in September as well, debating whether to do Saturday or Sunday.

I'm also not sure what to wear yet? Although I'm under strict orders from Mum not to buy any more costumes, I have 2 boxes full of stuff at the Flat.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Quiet_ryan31
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi, I'm new

Post by Quiet_ryan31 » 25 May 2023, 16:13

richardallen1976 wrote:
25 May 2023, 12:11
Quiet_ryan31 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm coming to the Sheffield AL one in September as well, debating whether to do Saturday or Sunday.

I'm also not sure what to wear yet? Although I'm under strict orders from Mum not to buy any more costumes, I have 2 boxes full of stuff at the Flat.

Bet you are thinking "well, another cosplay outfit would go un noticed".
If you go on the sunday, let me know who you are going as and will say hello to you.

Quiet_ryan31
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi, I'm new

Post by Quiet_ryan31 » 25 May 2023, 16:18

Ojisama wrote:
25 May 2023, 11:44
I thought it was about the right amount of people. Would have loved for it to have been more people though.
Seen your PM, it wont show me a box to let me reply for some reason. I totally understand and thank you for messaging me the reason why.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi, I'm new

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 25 May 2023, 16:28

Quiet_ryan31 wrote:
25 May 2023, 16:13
richardallen1976 wrote:
25 May 2023, 12:11
Quiet_ryan31 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Bet you are thinking "well, another cosplay outfit would go un noticed".
If you go on the sunday, let me know who you are going as and will say hello to you.

I'm more likely to do Saturday to be honest, as the Trams are more frequent.

They only run every half an hour on Sundays.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Hi, I'm new

Post by Teeny » 25 May 2023, 18:57

Welcome to Anime League @Quiet_ryan31 :)
I hope you will enjoy it here on the forum and at the conventions :D
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Quiet_ryan31
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi, I'm new

Post by Quiet_ryan31 » 26 May 2023, 21:17

Thank you @Teeny

Quiet_ryan31
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi, I'm new

Post by Quiet_ryan31 » 30 May 2023, 10:16

Just one question. How do you get to join the discord AL group? @Ojisama

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Hi, I'm new

Post by Ferefire » 30 May 2023, 17:07

Welcome aboard Ryan. Any plans to go to the Leeds event this weekend? :)
---

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Hi, I'm new

Post by Ojisama » 30 May 2023, 18:59

Quiet_ryan31 wrote:
30 May 2023, 10:16

I have PM'd you an invite.

Quiet_ryan31
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi, I'm new

Post by Quiet_ryan31 » 30 May 2023, 22:30

Ojisama wrote:
30 May 2023, 18:59
Quiet_ryan31 wrote:
30 May 2023, 10:16

I have PM'd you an invite.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it