Entrance Lounge IceBreaker Event! (All Join In) 16th July - 23rd July

Introduce yourself, learn the ropes of our community, and ask questions! || Also check out the guidebook here.

Moderators: Teeny, Wheely Sweet, Ttosk

Revillo Phoenix
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Revillo Phoenix » 21 Jul 2021, 22:33

Mcdooby wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 14:55
Yulyeong wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 14:24
Mcdooby wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 11:27
probably starter deck Pegasus now I can actually understand what relinquished does lol
Stuart or Mcdooby

I still have a deck of magic and pokemon cards from the first series release including a shiney charizard that used at school to win duels.
If you could go back and use the first series decks from magic, yu-gi-oh and pokemon which ones would you use?
Having never had the chance to play yu-gi-oh (which i hope to be changing soon) I looked up the relinquished card and it looks brutal when used right. 
Actually Relinquished is used in the GOAT format. It's a (I think) 2013 YGO format that has been getting popular to play recently among people with nostalgia for old YGO.
In the current meta, I think it's either banned or otherwise really hard to bring out, and probably just too clunky of a card when in current YGO, OTK is a thing. ^^"
Feel free to chat with me in PM or especially Discord

Revillo Phoenix
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Revillo Phoenix » 21 Jul 2021, 22:36

Hope wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 19:23
(Insert that one TikTok introduction song here)

Hey there, Hope here.

I'm studying at an Oxbridge uni, so that's an interesting fact I suppose!

One question for everyone is:
What was your first Anime convention like? If the upcoming ones are going to be your first, what do you look forward to?

I'll go first. Bristol Anime and Gaming Con is gonna be my first! Looking forward to it quite a bit. I want to meet other anime/gaming fans who are into the fandoms I'm into - this'll be my first irl fandom experience. ^^

Hope all is well!
- Hope

I'm a senior weeb at this point (32), it was waaay too long ago for me to remember. XD
My first con had to have been somewhere between 15 and 20 years ago in Budapest. @_@

Yulyeong
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Yulyeong » 21 Jul 2021, 22:54

Revillo Phoenix wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 22:33
Mcdooby wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 14:55
Yulyeong wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 14:24

Having never had the chance to play yu-gi-oh (which i hope to be changing soon) I looked up the relinquished card and it looks brutal when used right.
Actually Relinquished is used in the GOAT format. It's a (I think) 2013 YGO format that has been getting popular to play recently among people with nostalgia for old YGO.
In the current meta, I think it's either banned or otherwise really hard to bring out, and probably just too clunky of a card when in current YGO, OTK is a thing. ^^"
Meanwhile I'm sat with my virtual world deck and next to no idea how to play ygo lol. Might build another deck on payday lol

Revillo Phoenix
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Revillo Phoenix » Yesterday, 00:52

If any of you wanna play YGO online, we could, one of my IRL friends is very into playing the GOAT format on a free client that has the card and ban list allowed back then. (Looked it up, it was actually YGO back in 2005, nostalgia)

Yulyeong wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 22:54
Meanwhile I'm sat with my virtual world deck and next to no idea how to play ygo lol. Might build another deck on payday lol

I haven't played that archetype. The most recent archetype I played online was Skystriker, when that was popular a year or so ago.

Yulyeong
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Yulyeong » Yesterday, 07:38

Revillo Phoenix wrote:
Yesterday, 00:52
If any of you wanna play YGO online, we could, one of my IRL friends is very into playing the GOAT format on a free client that has the card and ban list allowed back then. (Looked it up, it was actually YGO back in 2005, nostalgia)

Yulyeong wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 22:54

I haven't played that archetype. The most recent archetype I played online was Skystriker, when that was popular a year or so ago.
Our girl Raye seems to be back in the meta somewhat with engage back at 1

Mcdooby
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Mcdooby » Yesterday, 13:02

Hope wrote:
(Insert that one TikTok introduction song here)

Hey there, Hope here.

I'm studying at an Oxbridge uni, so that's an interesting fact I suppose!

What was your first Anime convention like? If the upcoming ones are going to be your first, what do you look forward to?

I'll go first. Bristol Anime and Gaming Con is gonna be my first! Looking forward to it quite a bit. I want to meet other anime/gaming fans who are into the fandoms I'm into - this'll be my first irl fandom experience. ^^

Hope all is well!
- Hope

Hi Hope, Welcome to the forum, eveyone is very welcoming here.

My first Anime convention was the last bristol one and I loved every minute of it. I'm hoping to go to the next one in a few weeks time. I loved all the costums and the people I got to meet. I'm looking forward to meeting new people there as well. If your going your more than welcome to say hello when your there. Hope you have a great time at the con and on the forum.

Wheely Sweet
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Wheely Sweet » Yesterday, 21:54

Hope wrote:
My first was LAGC and I loved it
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Find me here - https://linktr.ee/WheelySweet

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant
Come say hi in Entrance Lounge and join in our events! || My Journal

Ttosk
Veteran Member
Canada

Post by Ttosk » Today, 17:37

@Hope anime North 1997. Was very busy but a lot of fun.