Hello from heroes of the shire

Introduce yourself, learn the ropes of our community, and ask questions! || Also check out the guidebook here.

Moderators: Emma, Endynyp, Teeny, Wheely Sweet

Rincewind_HOTS
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rincewind_HOTS » 02 Aug 2020, 10:22

Hey guys!

My name is Damian and this is my first post here! Haven't been into anime for quite some time now, however i'm slowly getting back into it. I studied Animation at university, but unfortunately didn't find work in the field and then life got in the way and 20 yrs later i work in a completely different field. Hoping to make some like minded friends and catch some of you guys at the UK events. I am working on a board game project at the moment and I've hired a Manga/Anime style artist to work on the artwork. Thought i'd share it with you guys. Feel free to follow my IG if you'd like to follow the game more : https://www.instagram.com/heroes_of_the_shire/

Have a great day guys, speak soon.
Damian

Attachments
DragonBoss_v1.png
DragonBoss_v1.png (3.76 MiB) Viewed 144 times
paladin-2.png
paladin-2.png (1.22 MiB) Viewed 144 times
shaman2.png
shaman2.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 144 times
warrior.png
warrior.png (2.1 MiB) Viewed 144 times
stance_support.png
stance_support.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 144 times
Stance_defence.png
Stance_defence.png (957.86 KiB) Viewed 144 times
stance_brawl.png
stance_brawl.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 144 times

Wolvenessence
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Wolvenessence » 02 Aug 2020, 11:30

@Rincewind_HOTS
Hello, and welcome to AL~!

It's very nice to have you here with us, I hope you enjoy your stay here and have fun as well. I haven't worked on animation since high school more the professional kind, so I know I'm going be terrible when starting it back up again a bit. However I do have the patience for it and was pretty good in school though sadly not luckily enough to go to college due to... teachers not caring to help me out with it like other students. { I won't get into the past or say why all was like that , my apologies for rambling on } Perhaps not meant to be or just not now who knows. I hope your board game project does well and your art for it is quite impressive I must say.
Well see you around the fourm~!

Heyitslaurenk
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Heyitslaurenk » 02 Aug 2020, 12:05

Rincewind_HOTS wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 10:22
Hey guys!

My name is Damian and this is my first post here! Haven't been into anime for quite some time now, however i'm slowly getting back into it. I studied Animation at university, but unfortunately didn't find work in the field and then life got in the way and 20 yrs later i work in a completely different field. Hoping to make some like minded friends and catch some of you guys at the UK events. I am working on a board game project at the moment and I've hired a Manga/Anime style artist to work on the artwork. Thought i'd share it with you guys. Feel free to follow my IG if you'd like to follow the game more : https://www.instagram.com/heroes_of_the_shire/

Damian

Welcome to Anime League Damien! So glad you decided to join this community :) The fact that you are working on a board game is so cool! Is this your first board game project? Either way, good luck with it!

Wheely Sweet
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Wheely Sweet » 02 Aug 2020, 13:11

Hi and welcome to Anime League @Rincewind_HOTS :)

That's a great intro. The board game looks great!

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or you want to chat. I hope you enjoy it here :)
Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant
Come say hi in Entrance Lounge and join in our events! || My Journal 
|| All art by Catacombs

Pixiedora
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Pixiedora » 02 Aug 2020, 17:44

Hello @Rincewind_HOTS welcome to AL! That is absolutely amazing that you're working on a board game. My brother made a start to one years ago but didn't follow through, so it's really cool to see it going well! Will you be aiming to release it?

Teeny
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 03 Aug 2020, 08:31

Welcome to Anime League @Rincewind_HOTS :dance:
The board game looks awesome!
I love the art for it.
You'll have to keep us updated on when you plan to release it, I'm sure there are plenty of people here that would play it :)

Which cons have you been to before?
Hope to see you around on the forum :D

weeabooweegee
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by weeabooweegee » 03 Aug 2020, 13:24

Welcome to AL @Rincewind_HOTS hope you enjoy your time here! The artwork looks amazing!
Last edited by weeabooweegee on 04 Aug 2020, 05:04, edited 1 time in total.

Shounen_Trash
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Shounen_Trash » 03 Aug 2020, 21:01

Rincewind_HOTS, That art work looks awesome!! Cool game!!!
ImageSAKURA HARUNO FOR HOKAGE

Keilonrich22
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Keilonrich22 » 05 Aug 2020, 19:04

Welcome my dude nice art work.
What is the story for that character?
Keilonrich22
Master Otaku  Image

Ttosk
Veteran Member
Canada

Post by Ttosk » 07 Aug 2020, 02:52

Welcome to Anime League. Those are bery nice pictures.

Thos is right place in order to get into anime. If you need anythong or just wan to talk feel free to PM me, anytime.

Have fun.

Endynyp
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Endynyp » 08 Aug 2020, 10:10

Welcome to AL @Rincewind_HOTS ! Your board game design looks great! What kind of board game is it going to be? It looks like there may be a card element to it. Is it going to be physical or digital or both?
“There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable.” – Yuuko Ichihara, xxxHolic

Cupcake_Hearts
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Cupcake_Hearts » 09 Aug 2020, 13:37

Rincewind_HOTS wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 10:22
Hey guys!

My name is Damian and this is my first post here! Haven't been into anime for quite some time now, however i'm slowly getting back into it. I studied Animation at university, but unfortunately didn't find work in the field and then life got in the way and 20 yrs later i work in a completely different field. Hoping to make some like minded friends and catch some of you guys at the UK events. I am working on a board game project at the moment and I've hired a Manga/Anime style artist to work on the artwork. Thought i'd share it with you guys. Feel free to follow my IG if you'd like to follow the game more : https://www.instagram.com/heroes_of_the_shire/

Damian

Hey hey and welcome to Animeleague, and back into Anime. I'm sorry your work didn't work out the way you wanted it to...ok too many works in that sentence but I hope you get the sentiment! I would love o hear more about your board game maybe you could keep us updated? That sounds so exciting! :) I'll follow you on IG now too!
ImageSometimes you’ve got to make lemonade!

Emma
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Emma » 09 Aug 2020, 18:31

Welcome to Anime League @Rincewind_HOTS

The art looks amazing, good luck with the project!

Rincewind_HOTS
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rincewind_HOTS » 15 Aug 2020, 08:19

Hey guys, thank you all for the kind words and the lovely welcoming.

@Wolvenessence Patience is key with animation, like you i haven't done it for quite some time but i remember how frustrating it can be scrolling the timeline, seeing some movement that didn't look natural and then editing it, then editing it again, then again and again and again until Midnight and you're still on the same section! hehe. Thanks for the kind words.

@Heyitslaurenk Yes this is my first board game project, however i've run businesses before just not in this field so hoping my experience can transfer through :) Thank you.

@Ikkle Gemz Thank you very much :)

@Pixiedora Yes, we plan to take it to Kickstarter to get funded sometime next year. All of my life i've had good ideas but not followed through with any of them, your brother sounds familiar! So i've decided for once to go all in on something this time. Fingers crossed the gamble is worth it :)

@Teeny Thanks! I love the art too, my artist has a really unique style. Absolutely, i'll keep you guys posted as much as possible. I've been to the Wales comic con a few times. Hoping to make a few more next year when this whole lockdown scenario blows over.

@weabooweegee Thank you very much Image

@Shounen_Trash Thank you. It's going to be a huge game so there's so much to develop! It's keeping me busy through lockdown which is the important bit :)

@Keilonrich22 Hey, thank you. Here's a quick snippet from his bio : Originally a member of the Beserker family, cast aside for indifference's of war. The Warrior musters strength even in the hardest of times and his success in this journey stems from his large defence. and the ability to protect his allies.

@TtoskVery kind words, thank you :)

@Endynyp Thank you kindly. It's a dungeon crawling game with 2 modes, player vs player or cooperative. It's a tactical single turn combat board game, so something similar to final fantasy battles but on a board game, and i've taken lots of inspiration from world of Warcraft's battle mechanics. It will mostly be a physical version, however there will be a digital version of the game available too. I am currently working on a free to play sample version for feedback before the game is launched on Kickstarter, so if anyone would like the link i'll happily share it in a few more weeks once the rules are wrote up.

@Cupcake_Hearts Thank you very much. I'll happily share my board game progress with you all, i've taken so much inspiration from other projects over the years, hopefully mine can offer the same to others :)

@Emma Thanks very much!

Sorry for the slow response guys, laptop issues! I only went and spilled water all over my keyboard, which in turn screwed up the RAM inside which needed replacing! Im back now :) and once again thank you all for the warm welcoming and the lovely words. Some of you were asking more about the board game so i've added a few more images to help you get a better understanding. Most of the blurb is on my Instagram so feel free to read through some of my posts there too. In the meantime enjoy a few more photos and i look forward to chatting and making more friends.

Damian

Attachments
Hunter.png
Hunter.png (860.59 KiB) Viewed 62 times
Boar_pet.png
Boar_pet.png (656.35 KiB) Viewed 62 times
Bird_pet.png
Bird_pet.png (639.13 KiB) Viewed 62 times
Healing_totem.png
Healing_totem.png (694.05 KiB) Viewed 62 times
Character_development_v3.png
Character_development_v3.png (1.95 MiB) Viewed 62 times
Spell_masteryPreview.png
Spell_masteryPreview.png (1.23 MiB) Viewed 62 times
Character Boards.png
Character Boards.png (7.33 MiB) Viewed 62 times

Pixiedora
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Pixiedora » 15 Aug 2020, 08:55

Sorry about your laptop! Glad you're back up and running :D that's amazing about the game, when you do get to Kickstarter stage make sure you let us know! Would love to support :)