Concert, gigs and festival thread

Here, you can discuss everything to do with music. Favorite artists, music genre, do you create your own music, share your links and soundclouds etc.
LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 09 Jul 2023, 10:54

Here you can share your plans for attending concerts/festivals big or small or you can share past concerts you have been to! You can also use this thread to seek any advice for going to concerts/festivals if it's your first time :)

Feel free to post any pictures of them if you have any

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 11 Jul 2023, 12:22

Is there anyone here trying to get Taylor Swift tickets? Currently praying for my sister rn she's trying to get tickets for either Liverpool or London

Lauren
VG mod

UnmeiNoTenshi
Standard Member
Wales

Achievements

Post by UnmeiNoTenshi » 11 Jul 2023, 13:21

Was debating whether or not to try for the Cardiff date as Paramore are supporting her, but everything I've found has said that even for general sale next week you needed to have registered interest so that they know you're genuine and not a scalper.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 11 Jul 2023, 17:41

70 and 80s Ska legends Madness are doing their "C'est La Vie" Farewell tour at Sheffield's Utilita Arena in December, as much as I'd love to attend, £38.95 a ticket? You what?! Also, Showaddywaddy are doing Sheffield City Hall in October, I wouldn't mind attending that, but the City Hall tends to be expensive and for some annoying reason they don't do any concessions for disabled customers! :rage:
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 11 Jul 2023, 17:58

UnmeiNoTenshi wrote:
11 Jul 2023, 13:21
Was debating whether or not to try for the Cardiff date as Paramore are supporting her, but everything I've found has said that even for general sale next week you needed to have registered interest so that they know you're genuine and not a scalper.

Yeah so what's happened is that pre sale codes are being sent to people who are already registered on Ticketmaster etc. I was actually questioning the robustness this morning when my sister had connection issues, supposedly due to high website traffic even though you would think limiting the number of people who get to access pre sales would solve the issue. Not when you get people going round telling people that a code is not needed and that anyone can join anyway :shrug:

On the bright side my sister ended up getting tickets!!! :dance:

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 11 Jul 2023, 18:06

richardallen1976 wrote:
11 Jul 2023, 17:41
70 and 80s Ska legends Madness are doing their "C'est La Vie" Farewell tour at Sheffield's Utilita Arena in December, as much as I'd love to attend, £38.95 a ticket? You what?! Also, Showaddywaddy are doing Sheffield City Hall in October, I wouldn't mind attending that, but the City Hall tends to be expensive and for some annoying reason they don't do any concessions for disabled customers! :rage:

£38.95 doesn't sound too bad though? Not compared to other prices I've seen for any other concert. Madness have just been in Halifax and idk if this goes for most of the concert prices in the Piece Hall but the lowest ticket price I spotted was almost 50 quid. I am with you in regards to the disabled spots and prices. It's almost as if they just sell disabled accessible spot tickets to able people- sadly I have seen videos of that happening. Just accessibility and concerts in general I've heard problems with. I guess it's also location depending and how accessible the venues are.

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 11 Jul 2023, 19:12

LilMissLarBear wrote:
11 Jul 2023, 18:06
richardallen1976 wrote:
11 Jul 2023, 17:41

£38.95 doesn't sound too bad though? Not compared to other prices I've seen for any other concert. Madness have just been in Halifax and idk if this goes for most of the concert prices in the Piece Hall but the lowest ticket price I spotted was almost 50 quid. I am with you in regards to the disabled spots and prices. It's almost as if they just sell disabled accessible spot tickets to able people- sadly I have seen videos of that happening. Just accessibility and concerts in general I've heard problems with. I guess it's also location depending and how accessible the venues are.

The City Hall's been going since forever, and to be honest the owners want doing under the Equality Act IMO, there's a LOT of steps, and no ramp for wheelchairs and that.

But like I said, the Building itself's so old that doing it up to enable accessibility would cost a LOT, and they'd have to put ticket prices up to cover that, which in turn would put people off going when a lot of the bigger name concerts are already ridiculously priced compared to the Lyceum and the Utilita Arena.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 11 Jul 2023, 19:17

LilMissLarBear wrote:
11 Jul 2023, 17:58
UnmeiNoTenshi wrote:

Yeah so what's happened is that pre sale codes are being sent to people who are already registered on Ticketmaster etc. I was actually questioning the robustness this morning when my sister had connection issues, supposedly due to high website traffic even though you would think limiting the number of people who get to access pre sales would solve the issue. Not when you get people going round telling people that a code is not needed and that anyone can join anyway :shrug:

On the bright side my sister ended up getting tickets!!! :dance:

Unfortunately, all they're bothered about is making a profit, limiting presales so that the servers don't crash due to high demand isn't in their remit.

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 11 Jul 2023, 22:02

UnmeiNoTenshi wrote:

So way back, Paramore was on Warped Tour but they skipped my city :( Like 05 or 06

As of now, my only plans for the Summer are to watch Lollapalooza on Hulu like I did last year. It was actually enjoyable and had the feel of being at a concert, (sorta). The artists acknowledged the ppl watching from home on Hulu.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GFX by:Ioreth

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 01 Nov 2023, 19:37

Just a quick on here that I could have sworn I saw a social media ad for this Bonfire Night event in Halifax saying Dick and Dom are gonna be headlining :dance: Those who are not from the UK probably wont know who they are, they used to be kids TV presenters (grew up watching them!) but yeah they are supposed to be doing a DJ set before the fireworks Im so tempted to go!

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 01 Nov 2023, 21:21

LilMissWerebear wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 19:37
Just a quick on here that I could have sworn I saw a social media ad for this Bonfire Night event in Halifax saying Dick and Dom are gonna be headlining :dance: Those who are not from the UK probably wont know who they are, they used to be kids TV presenters (grew up watching them!) but yeah they are supposed to be doing a DJ set before the fireworks Im so tempted to go!

Yebbut it'd take about 2 hours each way to get up to Halifax.

Although if there was one in London, and they used either Boris Johnson or Rishi Sunak as the Guy, I'd pay good money to see either of them burn :D

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 02 Nov 2023, 08:49

Just bought a ticket and it turns out it's this weekend!!! :dance: will see if I can get photos and videos I'm so excited :dance:

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 02 Nov 2023, 08:53

richardallen1976 wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 21:21
LilMissWerebear wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 19:37

Yebbut it'd take about 2 hours each way to get up to Halifax.

Although if there was one in London, and they used either Boris Johnson or Rishi Sunak as the Guy, I'd pay good money to see either of them burn :D

I think even if you tried to take train up it's a pain because I believe it's not a direct route :/ I hate having to switch trains but fear not! I will be provider of photos and let you guys know how it goes!

Lauren
VG mod