Glasgow event

We run conventions and meetups throughout the UK. Check out our full calender at https://www.animeleague.com/our-events/

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ferefire, RedHat

TradingCardPlanet
Great Britain

Achievements

Glasgow event

Post by TradingCardPlanet » 23 Oct 2022, 15:29

We are looking to book 2 tables at the event, but we are wondering what last years footfall/visitor numbers were and what this years expected visitor numbers will be.
Thanks

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Glasgow event

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 23 Oct 2022, 15:53

Depends on a number of factors, such as, if the Scottish government gets its wish and seperates from the UK, British people would have to probably pay a LOT to attend events up there.

Don't worry, I doubt it'll happen, the Scottish government can't afford it, if they didn't get financial help from London, they'd have gone under years ago.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

TradingCardPlanet
Great Britain

Achievements

Glasgow event

Post by TradingCardPlanet » 23 Oct 2022, 16:15

really, .......your going with that reply?

TradingCardPlanet
Great Britain

Achievements

Glasgow event

Post by TradingCardPlanet » 23 Oct 2022, 16:21

If this is how a potential trader is responded to then i guess all i need to know.
Will spend our money else where.

TheRedWarrior
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Glasgow event

Post by TheRedWarrior » 23 Oct 2022, 17:56

@LikkleMel @Ferefire @RedHat This one is for you.

:smoke::smoke:

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/RedW ... ist-693622

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Glasgow event

Post by LikkleMel » 24 Oct 2022, 00:31

Hi there! @TradingCardPlanet

Apologises staff were at our Birmingham event. HI, I'm Mel and I'm one of the organisers. If you email ops@animeleague.com they can help you. Footfall wise it was about 4,000+ throughout the weekend.
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Glasgow event

Post by Ferefire » 24 Oct 2022, 00:52

TradingCardPlanet wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 16:21
If this is how a potential trader is responded to then i guess all i need to know.
Will spend our money else where.
Please note that this is a public forum and the member who responded is not staff and does not represent the opinions of Animeleague.

@richardallen1976 I appreciate you trying to help, but if you could next time just tag us for an official reply that'd be much better to avoid any confusion. Many thanks!

@TradingCardPlanet as things stand we have four tables left out of 75 total available for commercial exhibitors. I would expect this to sell within the week or two, so I would advise to book swiftly if you wish to attend. This year's event was sold out on Saturday and we fully anticipate to sell out again for both days in 2023 with strong sales already. You're looking at between 2,000-3,000 attendance per day to be clear, so about 5,000 total. We are the the largest anime event in Scotland and the signs are that this will only strengthen going forward. :) As my colleague says, feel free to drop us an email if you have any questions.

I believe, incidentally of the 71 tables sold, none are TCG related, so you would do very well, but that'd be a matter to double check with our team. :)
---

TradingCardPlanet
Great Britain

Achievements

Glasgow event

Post by TradingCardPlanet » 24 Oct 2022, 15:10

Thanks for your reply, I will email.