Birmingham AL Face Masks

We run conventions and meetups throughout the UK. Check out our full calender at https://www.animeleague.com/our-events/

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ferefire, RedHat

winners
Great Britain

Achievements

Birmingham AL Face Masks

Post by winners » 18 Sep 2022, 06:59

Morning all.

Hoping to attend my first event in Birmingham next month with my 6 & 8 year old.

Just wondering about registration and the AL Face Masks. It states

“You can buy AL themed Face Masks for £6 each. These are available for collection at the AL Merch Desk. You will need to provide your own mask to enter the event.”

Is this referring to a specific event whilst there or the event as a whole?

Sorry if it seems like a daft question I just have visions of us showing up mask-less and been refused entry.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Birmingham AL Face Masks

Post by Ojisama » 18 Sep 2022, 12:27

winners wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 06:59
Morning all.

Hoping to attend my first event in Birmingham next month with my 6 & 8 year old.

Just wondering about registration and the AL Face Masks. It states

“You can buy AL themed Face Masks for £6 each. These are available for collection at the AL Merch Desk. You will need to provide your own mask to enter the event.”

Is this referring to a specific event whilst there or the event as a whole?

Sorry if it seems like a daft question I just have visions of us showing up mask-less and been refused entry.

I'll get the admins to clarify on this, but my personal response is this.

With the relaxation of the Covid regulations some months ago, there is no longer any legal requirement to wear face masks, but it is a decision left to event organisers. We obviously hire the exhibition spaces, and the location management may have their own requirements. Certainly, at the Sheffield Con that I attended, masks were not required for entry.

I would advise that you bring your own masks with you, as you may feel the need to wear some when in the entry queue.

The Merch desk gets very busy early on, so if you queue to buy some AL masks, you may miss some of the early events.

I hope this is of some help. Feel free to ask any other questions, and if I hear any differently, I'll email you.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

winners
Great Britain

Achievements

Birmingham AL Face Masks

Post by winners » 18 Sep 2022, 14:52

Thanks for the answers everyone, I’ll bring a few just in case.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Birmingham AL Face Masks

Post by LikkleMel » 19 Sep 2022, 11:52

winners wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 14:52
Thanks for the answers everyone, I’ll bring a few just in case.

Hi there! You don't have to wear a face mask at our events anymore, however, if it is a personal choice you are more than welcome to wear one. The AL Masks are just facemasks with our characters on if you wanted your own AL Mask. :)
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~