Advice...help!

We run conventions and meetups throughout the UK. Check out our full calender at https://www.animeleague.com/our-events/

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ferefire, RedHat

Sprucett
Great Britain

Achievements

Advice...help!

Post by Sprucett » 06 Sep 2022, 14:02

:confuse:

Hi everyone, thanks for letting me join.

I have a step daughter, wonderful 11 year old who is very into her anime, she gets stuck for it but I encourage her to enjoy it. So much so that I want to bring her and her friend along to one of the conventions.

Her and her friend want to dress up, probably as characters from Demon Slayer, I apparently will also have to do so.....that I will figure out lol...

My questions are, are the Sheffield (Mercure 10th-11th SEP) or Birmingham (Events venue 22-23rd Oct) meets going to be suitable for them?

I'm hoping for a good number of people and some fellow Don Slayer fans for them. I will be driving them to wherever from Harrogate so please if anyone can advise or point me in the right direction I'd be really appreciate x

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Advice...help!

Post by Ojisama » 06 Sep 2022, 22:09

AnimeLeague is a family friendly organisation, and we see lots of young people at our events. You can join in or sit back and watch, whatever takes your fancy, and yes, we do see a lot of costumed adults as well. (I will be going in costume to Sheffield, and I am definitely on the mature side).

Sheffield is one of our smaller events, and very busy. The last I heard was that Saturday was just about sold out, but there should be room on Sunday. If your costumes aren't ready, it may be a bit of a push to make it in time. Birmingham is probably a more realistic timeline and being a bigger event there will be more to see.

Demon Slayer is a very popular cosplay at the moment, and I have seen costumes at nearly every con I have attended this year, but of course, we can't make any guarantees.

Either way, you and your girls will have a ton of fun.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Advice...help!

Post by LikkleMel » 07 Sep 2022, 14:06

Couldn't have said it better @Ojisama :)

Demon Slayer is popular at the moment and there are plenty of cosplayers and fans of demon slayer. I find everyone is friendly and is the best way to make lots of friends :)
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~