Thank You For Attending Cardiff Anime & Gaming Con - Photos, Stories & Reactions

We run conventions and meetups throughout the UK. Check out our full calender at https://www.animeleague.com/our-events/

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ferefire, RedHat

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Thank You For Attending Cardiff Anime & Gaming Con - Photos, Stories & Reactions

Post by Ferefire » 26 Apr 2022, 16:38

We'd like to thank all of you for attending Cardiff Anime & Gaming Con! It's fantastic to see you all, and we're very happy to see so many of you there!

A special thanks goes to all our crew, performers and staff who have worked so hard to make this happen - we are proud to have such a hard working team supporting our events.

If anyone wishes to post photos, wants to discuss the event generally, or has feedback please post it here.

We look forward to seeing you at future events this year and next, which includes Cardiff Anime & Gaming Con returning again this September 17-18. Tickets for this are available right now at https://www.cardiffanimecon.com/register.php

As a final note, we have a very busy few months ahead of us as all our events restart in all the major UK cities including London, Portsmouth Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Newcastle and more. You can read our full calendar at https://www.animeleague.com/events or you can see this also by downloading the app at www.animeleague.app

Once again, thank you all! Please leave any photos, videos and reactions in here!
---

Games
Wales

Achievements

Post by Games » 26 Apr 2022, 17:04

:) It was Amazing Can't wait for September 17th and 18th 2022 see you all soon again in September - Zhongli (Genshin Impact)

Cosplayer
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Cosplayer » 26 Apr 2022, 18:26

Hi,

So first off just want to say I had a great weekend and absolutely loved meeting everyone there. The artist stalls were awesome and the art they'd created was insane! The staff in the gaming area were really nice and friendly and the flow of the con was really well put together.

Now the bad.

1. The staff (main floor) were quite rude. As I've said above the game room staff were really nice however the staff at the main entrance desk and the desk in the table top area seemed annoyed that we had the audacity to talk to them and it really seemed as though they didn't want to help you with your issues. I understand its a long weekend of work but the tone and attitude really gave the feeling that you didn't even want to be at the event.

2. Some of the stalls in the main room downstairs were overpriced and sold poor items and with most other cons banning or removing 'mystery bags' I was surprised that this con still sold them.

3. I took part in a gaming competition in the room next to the panels room and the mice and keyboards were almost unusable which was a bit disappointing. The latency and ping were also bad but not really something that can be helped.

I don't like to give negative feedback but it's necessary to improve the con in future. I will definitely be returning to the next one and all in all had an amazing weekend. Thank you!

Meekail1
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Meekail1 » 26 Apr 2022, 18:52

Hi, I was really excited to take my daughter to your convention. However I too have some constructive feedback to offer following our visit.
I found the staff members who gave us the armbands and ushered us into different areas respectful and sociable, which was just as well as the directions stuck to the walls next to each exit we’re confusing. The other people who attended the convention were a very respectful crowd.
The cons however:
The gaming rooms - while I appreciate there were 4 that I could see, the areas were very busy with no sign of rotation so it was very difficult to get a turn on any of the consoles, I feel it should have been organised on a rotation basis so everyone had a go if they wanted to.
I felt the entertainment offered in terms of watching Anime films and on the main stage were lacking. Whilst I could see the value of watchjng friends or family members dancing on stage - if they weren’t known to me or related it lacked any entertainment value for me.
In the end - I feel the convention may as well have called it a market place because many stalls sold same/ similar goods and we felt we had to purchase something to justify being there. I felt this was the main reason the convention was put on with everything else put on as an afterthought.
I am pleased to read other comments on here stating people enjoyed their time - i am only expressing my own experience and hope it is taken in the manner in which it is offered. Thanks, K