[BRIGHTON] Nothin' Personal joins our lineup

We run conventions and meetups throughout the UK. Check out our full calender at https://www.animeleague.com/our-events/

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ferefire, RedHat

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

[BRIGHTON] Nothin' Personal joins our lineup

Post by LikkleMel » 19 Dec 2021, 22:56

We are excited for our first Brighton Anime & Gaming Con this 5-6th February. You can buy tickets now at www.brightonanimecon.com

Today we are happy to announce Nothin' Personal will be joining our performer lineup.

It is Nothin’ Personal. Though the melodic vocals and emotional lyrics are deeply routed in Daniel Cohen’s personal experiences and observations, no names are ever mentioned. As he will tell you “It’s not the people who live in the memory for me, it’s the way those people make you feel. I process those feelings pretty slowly and I do it by writing songs. If you feel it’s about you then it probably is on some level!” The Banstead, Surrey based band pair these lyrics with ripping guitar solos and hooks provided by Ben Butterfield who was the final piece of the group when he joined late in 2018. Ben brings a laid back rhythm to the sounds and a laid back attitude to creative, “I just lay stuff out and the guys are welcome to pull it apart, I find if I have to work too hard at it then it’s forced and looses that sense of feeling and depth – then again, maybe I’m just basically lazy!’ Nothin’ Personal’s engine room consists of Roland Townson (who also works as the production manager for recording) boasting hard-hitting drum licks which are forcibly toned down from his preferred metal/grunge style and Martin Phelps with his blues-y, dark bass lines. This diverse four-piece group have influences from all over rock history but of particular note are elements of classic Thin Lizzy and Red Hot Chilli Peppers mixed with vocal work and guitar solos likened to contemporaries like Alter Bridge and Shinedown.
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~