Thank You For Attending Liverpool Anime & Gaming Con - Photos, Stories & Feedback

We run conventions and meetups throughout the UK. Check out our full calender at https://www.animeleague.com/our-events/

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ferefire, RedHat

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Thank You For Attending Liverpool Anime & Gaming Con - Photos, Stories & Feedback

Post by Ferefire » 19 Jul 2021, 14:40

We'd like to thank all of you for attending our very first event back in a VERY long time! It's amazing to finally see you all again, and we're very happy to see so many of you there!

A special thanks goes to all our crew, performers and staff who have worked so hard to make this happen - we are proud to have such a hard working team supporting our events.

If anyone wishes to post photos, wants to discuss the event generally, or has feedback please post it here.

We look forward to seeing you all at a less socially distanced event (fingers crossed!) this 16-17 October. You can register for that right now at https://autumn.liverpoolanimecon.com/register.php

As a final note, we have a very busy few months ahead of us as all our events restart. Our next event is in 11 days time - London Anime & Gaming Con. You can read our full calendar at https://www.animeleague.com/events or you can see this also by downloading the app at www.animeleague.app

Once again, thank you all, and see you all again very soon for what will be our cons returning at last to fully fledged!
---

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 19 Jul 2021, 14:41

As mentioned, please use this topic to post your photos, stories, thoughts, chat and feedback!
---

Vixenfur
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Vixenfur » 20 Jul 2021, 12:23

Hi, thanks for a great time! It was my first anime con in the UK, and I'm really glad I decided to go. I made a new friend and saw some amazing cosplays. I just cosplayed Furihata from Kuroko no Basuke again since my other cosplays have not arrived in the mail yet! I didn't experience recognition but I also didn't expect that to happen, he's quite the side character. Everyone was still very friendly regardless!

My suggestion for future events comes from experience from around 50 US cons. A great way to encourage fans to meet up is themed cosplay meetups. Meaning, during the con you select a place and a time for all cosplayers and fans of a specific series or franchise (Boku no Hero, Pokemon, Kakegurui, Dangan Ronpa, Haikyuu, just to name a few I saw a lot of at the con), and someone is running the meetup. Usually a normal con attendee can step up to run, but if you wanted to have a volunteer do it that works too. The person who runs the meetup generally has all cosplayers who want to be in the photo gather up in a big group shot, then they go down a list for more specific pictures.

I'm someone who runs these gatherings and I'll use Haikyuu as an example. After the big group shot I'd call out for anyone on Karasuno's team and do a shot of them. Then, Nekoma, Aoba Josai, etc down the list of teams I see cosplayers for in the crowd. From there I'd do characters; "everyone cosplaying Kenma, please step up!" and do a group shot of them. Then we'd do pairings/ships (whether platonic or romantic, it is up to the cosplayers to pose how they wish with permission from anyone else they pose with, a rule I always emphasize in the meetup). Finally, I'd accept any requests of specific groups from the crowd (i.e. "We want to see all the setters together!" "How about all the coaches?"). This event usually takes about 30-40 minutes but can be a full hour for a really huge series.

I understand why this sort of thing might have not been arranged in the wake of COVID19, and I'm not sure if you do these sorts of meetups regularly and I'm just here as someone who hadn't attended UK cons before the pandemic spouting off about an idea you already know about! :XD: but I thought I would suggest it as an idea for the future if you have the space and means to organize themed cosplay gatherings. It was always the best way for me to meet friends, as it encouraged us all to get in the same area to bond over a specific franchise.

Additionally, I think more fan-run panels would be excellent. I saw a few on the Liverpool con guide, and I'd love to see more going forward! :)

Overall I think it was a great con with some excellent vendors, fun entertainment and a really nice space to mingle in. I hope my suggestions come off as helpful rather than condescending, and I understand change is not immediate or easy! It's just a thought for future planning that I hope can be of interest :<3: I'm looking forward to the London con in a few weeks!

Otwl
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Otwl » 20 Jul 2021, 18:29

Thanks to all the folks singing Karaoke for 2 and a half hours on Saturday - I loved that session! :)
So many beautiful voices! The person dressed as Deku who sang Hero Too made me cry with their rendition of the slow All Might Theme, so good!

It made me so happy when you all joined in the Pokemon Theme Tune and What am made of!
All the best
Alison