[LIVERPOOL] Icebreaker Event - Get to Know!

We run conventions and meetups throughout the UK. Check out our full calender at https://www.animeleague.com/our-events/

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ferefire, RedHat

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 20 Jun 2021, 22:03

Welcome to the Icebreaker event! This group topic shall be open for the next week. Participants in this topic shall be;

STEP ONE: BEGIN!

@GraceMellody
@GothGirl98
@ryan_phillips
@I am Luna
@RockChick101
@Oikawa-simp
@Otwl

Reply with:

1. Your Name
2. An Interesting/entertaining fact about yourself (if you're struggling to think of anything then just tell us your hobbies)
3. One question to ask someone (or everyone)! When you ask the question make sure to @mention them (ie: put @ and their username so they get it in their notifications at the top). You can mention one person, two people or everyone - up to you.

STEP TWO: CHAT!

And then just chat! You can keep replying, and we encourage you to ask someone else a question with each question so we all get to know more about one another!

We advise to stop by daily to check for replies. Do try and read what others have posted.

STEP THREE: AFTERWARD!

Check out people's profiles and feel free to friend request them on here and indeed to ask for people's contact details. You may wanna stick around, post in some other topics, chat in the chatroom, and become a bigger part of the community!

SO! Let's go!
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Otwl
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Otwl » 21 Jun 2021, 19:33

Hi, I'm Alison :=D:

An interesting fact about me is that I've been to Japan twice and loved every minute! I'm a writer, runner and cosplayer.

My question is - What is your favourite thing to do at a convention? @GraceMellody @GothGirl98 @ryan_phillips @I am Luna @RockChick101 @Oikawa-simp

Oikawa-simp
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Oikawa-simp » 23 Jun 2021, 21:08

Hi I'm Elisha but most people call me Ellie (either is fine)
Interesting fact about me? Um, I can solve a rubix cube in roughly 30 seconds. I also love to read/write and always do it as much as I can when I have enough free time

@Otwl I like to browse all the different stalls, also love to just walk around and see all the different cosplays because oh my god some are amazing!

My question: If you could be in any anime universe for the day which would you choose and why?

ryan_phillips
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by ryan_phillips » 25 Jun 2021, 13:52

Hi am Ryan, The Hairy Bikers liked my cooking,
answers to both questions:
@Otwl this will be my 1st convention
@Oikawa-simp Yugioh I will be the childrens card game champ or definatly give it a good go

My question, whats 1 thing you have always wanted to do?

Otwl
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Otwl » 26 Jun 2021, 07:17

@ryan_phillips Your first convention, cool. We've all been there! Hope you have a good time.

I've always wanted to visit the Inca ruins in Mexico or watch a sumo wrestling match.

@Oikawa-simp Yeah, I'm always impressed with the effort people put into cosplay. It's nice having your photo taken with like minded fans! :) The acting pieces on stage are good for a laugh as well.

The world of Eldertales in Log Horizon appeals to me. I can see myself in a guild, tearing up monsters and riding griffins!

I like shopping at conventions. If there's a dubbing competition or something creative to do, am usually there. Playing retro videogames too!

Oikawa-simp
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Oikawa-simp » 26 Jun 2021, 11:53

@ryan_phillips
I've always wanted to go skydiving even though I'm afraid of heights lol

@Otwl
Same, I honestly wished I had the creativity and skills to create some of the cosplays I've seen around, not sure if I'd be able to pull them off to be honest. :haha:

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 27 Jun 2021, 18:16

Hi All!

I'm Mel I'm one of the organisers of the event so feel free to ask any questions. I'll be mainly by Stage as that is my area.
I really like Doctor Who, Black Butler and Code Geass.

@Otwl Favorite thing to do at a convention is the karaoke and parties (we can't do the parties for this Liverpool due to Covid, but can still do karaoke!!) I'm one of those people who likes to watch people have fun and sit in the corner and have a drink haha

@Oikawa-simp Anime universe I would love to be in for a day is Black Butler as having Sebastian as a butler would be wonderful!

@ryan_phillips One thing I always wanted to do is be able to drive. Hopefully sometime in the future when I sort my lessons out

My question is what is your favorite video game?

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 27 Jun 2021, 20:22

Btw @Vixenfur come join the icebreaker here :)

Oikawa-simp
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Oikawa-simp » 27 Jun 2021, 20:33

@LikkleMel Hello :) I agree, having Sebastian as a butler would be pretty amazing. To be honest, I don't play many video games, I leave that to my brother and father haha. I guess I liked Red Dead Redemption when I played it but I'mayearawayfromturning18sotechnicallyshouldn'tbeplayingitinthefirstplace...

ryan_phillips
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by ryan_phillips » 27 Jun 2021, 20:58

@LikkleMel Witcher 3 I have put far to many hours in but still can never get bored

Otwl
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Otwl » 28 Jun 2021, 21:05

@LikkleMel Black Butler is one of my favourite manga. Sebastian is smooth but such a sly devil at the same time. Karaoke sounds fun. What sort of songs do they put on the playlist. Adaptions of different opening themes, games or chart music, just curious!

My favourite video game is a tough question! I've dabbled with Animal Crossing for life sim, Sonic Mania for platformer, Tetris for puzzle, Ace Attorney for adventure game / visual novel, Streets of Rage for a beat 'em up, Zelda for action / puzzle and Child of Light for RPG, plus FF!

@Vixenfur Have you ever cosplayed at a convention?

Praline
France

Achievements

Post by Praline » 29 Jun 2021, 10:58

Hi, I’m Loreine
An interesting fact would be that I can speak several languages (Japanese and Spanish are still so~so ^^’) I love playing all kind of video games (my favourite would be Zelda games, puyo puyo Tetris, animal crossing and Super smash bros). My "favourite" anime (it’s very difficult to choose >~<‘) would be Naruto, Jojo’s bizarre adventure and Jibaku Shounen Hanako kun.

My question would be what’s your favourite Pokemon ?(if you have one...)

ryan_phillips, I’ve always wanted to go to Japan so bad
Oikawa-simp, It would be Naruto, it has Sasuke and I love this anime

Nice to meet you all !

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 29 Jun 2021, 18:41

Are any of you planning to cosplay at the event? :)

Otwl
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Otwl » 29 Jun 2021, 20:02

@LikkleMel I'll be dressed as Ochako Uraraka from My Hero Academia in a training uniform.

@Oikawa-simp Naruto was my first 'long term' anime. Sasuke is such a badass :haha: but Naruto made me laugh so much. Watching the fight scenes between the two are some of the best I've seen.

Oikawa-simp
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Oikawa-simp » 30 Jun 2021, 21:25

@Praline Hi!! My favourite pokemon, that's such a tough question because there's literally so many! I'd probably say either Pikachu (a classic) or Roselia