how do you express yourself as LGBTQ+?

A place for LGBT+ anime fans to meet and talk about anime and feel connected and get support.
lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 13 Sep 2020, 04:32

do you go out of your way to express yourself as part of the LGBTQ+? do you try to hide it? can you safely express yourself?

i'm still in the closet with most people and being trans is hard enough without people who i know will hate me hating me yet

Akane Mayu
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Akane Mayu » 22 Sep 2020, 03:57

my friends and familly know about my sexuallity and gender identity

and as for going out of my way

i wear alot of lgbt clouthing but other then that i just act like me =]

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 05 Oct 2020, 20:46

I do have little hama bead keyrings which I made on my bag. :) I usually wear those to cons and such. I am trying to get more LGBT pins.
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 07 Oct 2020, 14:28

i generally don't express my sexuality as people i know IRL wouldn't be too happy about it, and i'd most likely get attacked for not hiding the one part of my life i feel like i'm neglecting the most (not an exaggeration, my life is fairly different than most unfortunately) :<
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 13 Oct 2020, 07:16

I have never told anyone that I am lesbian actually OwO I am scared I will get judged. For one, I have never been in a relationship. How do I know of I am lesbian exactly?-you might ask-I just dont feel attracted towards men, i just don't. So already I feel like I would get comments seen as I never had first hand experience in a relationship. And two, my parents (my dad being more obvious in this tbh) have expressed they are quite against LGBTQ... Not completely against but they just dont quite get that there are loads of sexualities besides gay and lesbian. Soooo... Yeah clearly the only way to express it is online apparently XD

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

animeotaku9608
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by animeotaku9608 » 09 Nov 2020, 20:57

I usually just act normal, if I have a crush on someone I don't say it cause of the last 2 times I've told someone I had a crush on them they massively rejected me.

Just so you know I'm Bi with a stronger gay side and asexual in most part.

I'm complicated.
Otaku  :haha:
Visit my profile for more about me! 

Insta: https://instagram.com/animeotaku9608
More urls: https://go-media.wixsite.com/2020/hub

animeotaku9608
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by animeotaku9608 » 09 Nov 2020, 21:04

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 07:16
I have never told anyone that I am lesbian actually OwO I am scared I will get judged. For one, I have never been in a relationship. How do I know of I am lesbian exactly?-you might ask-I just dont feel attracted towards men, i just don't. So already I feel like I would get comments seen as I never had first hand experience in a relationship. And two, my parents (my dad being more obvious in this tbh) have expressed they are quite against LGBTQ... Not completely against but they just dont quite get that there are loads of sexualities besides gay and lesbian. Soooo... Yeah clearly the only way to express it is online apparently XD

You could just wait until you move out. I know that when I was a kid my mam didn't mind me talking to the lesbians next door, so my mam wasn't an issue with my sexuality. Sometimes people who express their distaste towards the LGBTQ+ community, they may still understand if you tell them. My Foster carers son, who wasn't overt about disliking LGBTQ+ or anything, but would often make jokes that could be offensive to the community, toned down his teases when he found out I was bi, still teased, but not as bad as before I told him.

You could also try to find out why you family member dislikes the LGBTQ+ community and try to dispel myths or misconceptions they may have.

If they ask why you're asking you could suggest that you were just curious about why they dislike a community as such.

Hope this helps,
Alain.
Otaku  :haha:
Visit my profile for more about me! 

Insta: https://instagram.com/animeotaku9608
More urls: https://go-media.wixsite.com/2020/hub