Have you used technology (e.g. video games, apps, forums) when exploring/questioning your gender?

A place for LGBT+ anime fans to meet and talk about anime and feel connected and get support.
LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Have you used technology (e.g. video games, apps, forums) when exploring/questioning your gender?

Post by LikkleMel » 04 Sep 2020, 23:59

Gender identity refers to a person’s sense of themselves as a man, woman, both, neither etc., which may or may not be the same as the gender they were assigned at birth. People can have unique and personal journeys as they explore and come to understand their gender identity (whether they are trans/gender diverse including non-binary, agender, questioning and/or cisgender). 

Sometimes, technology can play a role in this journey; some people intentionally use certain platforms to help them develop and/or express their gender identity (for example, finding online communities and resources, blogging etc.); exploration and reflection of gender identity can also happen as a result of using technology (for example, reading other people’s accounts online, playing a game as another character etc.). If you consider yourself to have experience in thinking about your own identity, would love to hear your thoughts!
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 13 Sep 2020, 04:22

i largely only play as female characters in games i play nowadays unless that option's not available

avatars are "girly" (whatever that means)

and i may have had a slight addiction to face app's gender changer