Mental Health Check in!

A place for LGBT+ anime fans to meet and talk about anime and feel connected and get support.
TheRedWarrior
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Mental Health Check in!

Post by TheRedWarrior » 18 Jan 2021, 19:50

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 23:09
TheRedWarrior wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 19:24
@Heyitslaurenk Sleeping issues are usually brought on stress or having a lot on your mind.
Your insomnia is probably uni pressures. You're currently studying a course and you probably have some doubts about it.

Yeah i have a deadline coming up with a question that im struggling on it is worrying me a bit

Yeah I figured. You just have to take time out of the day for 10mins and distract yourself. Also stay positive.

:smoke::smoke:

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/RedW ... ist-693622

TheRedWarrior
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Mental Health Check in!

Post by TheRedWarrior » 18 Jan 2021, 19:52

melanch0lic wrote:
17 Jan 2021, 03:45
Akane Mayu wrote:
17 Jan 2021, 03:23
im getting by today

that's great to hear! -headpats- :3

as for me, once again insomnia is hitting me hard - it's 3:45am and i'm wide-fucking-awake, for the 4th night in a row ;__; sometimes i wonder wtf is wrong with me, and that i was put on this earth just to suffer at the hands of my mental health... this lack of sleep makes me cry when i try to type/talk about it, as it affects my life in so many ways, i can only describe it as being torturous, well and truly D: ah, i shouldn't be talking about this when there's others out there who have it worse than i do..

Do you drink any energy drinks??

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Mental Health Check in!

Post by lolin » 19 Jan 2021, 00:45

melanch0lic wrote:
17 Jan 2021, 03:45
Akane Mayu wrote:
17 Jan 2021, 03:23
im getting by today

that's great to hear! -headpats- :3

as for me, once again insomnia is hitting me hard - it's 3:45am and i'm wide-fucking-awake, for the 4th night in a row ;__; sometimes i wonder wtf is wrong with me, and that i was put on this earth just to suffer at the hands of my mental health... this lack of sleep makes me cry when i try to type/talk about it, as it affects my life in so many ways, i can only describe it as being torturous, well and truly D: ah, i shouldn't be talking about this when there's others out there who have it worse than i do..
Honestly I kinda know that feeling... at the onset of my illness I made one or two hours of sleep a night and just kept waking up. It was brutal and only served to worsen my life.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Mental Health Check in!

Post by lolin » 19 Jan 2021, 03:41

Ugh, my neighbors are very Christian and I'm never looking forward to coming out as trans to them

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Mental Health Check in!

Post by LikkleMel » 22 Jan 2021, 02:40

Lolin wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 03:41
Ugh, my neighbors are very Christian and I'm never looking forward to coming out as trans to them
ugh yeh my mum is open but also not so its hard to talk to her about LGBT not that she hates it but usually just doesn't understand tbh
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Mental Health Check in!

Post by lolin » 22 Jan 2021, 03:07

Yeah, that's a big problem with anything LGBTQ+, people don't understand it, don't try to understand it, and generally just brigade against it

Sorry your mom isn't more welcoming to it :<

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Mental Health Check in!

Post by lolin » 22 Jan 2021, 06:06

Mental scale 0 being worst and 10 being best

ATM, I'm a 7.5

:> Good day

Akane Mayu
Veteran Member
United States of America

Mental Health Check in!

Post by Akane Mayu » 23 Jan 2021, 00:12

LikkleMel wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 02:40
Lolin wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 03:41
ugh yeh my mum is open but also not so its hard to talk to her about LGBT not that she hates it but usually just doesn't understand tbh

aww im sry to here that -gives hugs-

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Mental Health Check in!

Post by melanch0lic » 23 Jan 2021, 15:09

my mental health has taken another dive following last night's drama that unfolded on the AL chat room - i am seriously disappointed that several members decided to jump on the 'let's hate melanch0lic' bandwagon, like i'm genuinely upset that i made such a significant effort to get along with everyone so for me to receive the messages that were sent has taken a hefty toll on my self-confidence and honestly it was the worst possible time that this could have happened as i was already feeling very very low ;__; i hope the people involved in the drama are proud of themselves, no doubt that they are otherwise they wouldn't have continued acting the way they did - another aspect was how others instantly assumed that it was me who was to blame, even though the initial messages were plain for them to see so why they came up with that conclusion i'll never know :'c on the scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being relatively happy) i am at 1.5/2 maybe as what happened kept me up for another night (something which certain individuals thought was funny)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Mental Health Check in!

Post by LilMissLarBear » 23 Jan 2021, 15:39

This makes me feel very sad to see this @melanch0lic and even worse that I don't really know what to say I trust that if there were other mods there they would have raised this issue. Is this the only time you have raised the concern? I ask mainly I think this should have been raised sooner if it has taken this much of a toll but im glad you have said it full stop instead of keeping it quiet. I wish I know a way to help but the best thing I can suggest is to raise it specifically to chat hmod which will be Atem i believe or even one of the admins...

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Mental Health Check in!

Post by LilMissLarBear » 23 Jan 2021, 15:43

If you do want to talk it out though @melanch0lic I can always be a pair of ears (or eyes even, if I am reading)- quite often keep my eyes on my PMs like a hawk :)

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Mental Health Check in!

Post by LikkleMel » 23 Jan 2021, 20:08

@melanch0lic what happened? Like lauren said her PMs are open and mine are too especially as I'm HMod for Chat temp wise at the moment so I don't want anyone to feel bad especially here when it is meant to be a safe space for all
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

TheRedWarrior
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Mental Health Check in!

Post by TheRedWarrior » 23 Jan 2021, 20:23

@melanch0lic I'm sorry I wasn't in chat to help you out. But no one here hates you.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Mental Health Check in!

Post by lolin » 24 Jan 2021, 06:40

Sorry to hear about some struggles, melan... :<

In my world, I'm not sure why I should keep struggling and trying, because it's never good enough for people...

TheRedWarrior
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Mental Health Check in!

Post by TheRedWarrior » 27 Jan 2021, 17:25

I've been thinking what are the biggest causes of depression and anxiety I personally think that the biggest thing with people who suffer with depression is we have a tendency to think about the past especially the negative part. I also think we are listening to the negative voices who like to put us down and we hold on to those words because for some reason we believe them when we shouldn't. We need to stay positive and stop looking and listening to the negative and focus on the positive aspects in life. Listen to the people who want to help you and give you helpful advice.

Also I believe that energy drinks like Redbull, Monster, Relentless and others are a factor to the cause of depression and anxiety. I did a test on myself at work once and found my energy levels were high but when it wore off I just felt like blah. I just couldn't be bothered. I think they mess with our brain endorphins or whatevery it's called.