Favourite Mods

AL has a Minecraft Server. Join here to learn the latest updates and chat with other Minecraft AL's and
Here, you can discuss everything or anything to do with Minecraft, any buildings you've created recently or roblocks. Any design or building game you can showcase and discuss these types of games here.

Moderators: LikkleMel, GraceMellody, RedHat

Ali-Renegade
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Favourite Mods

Post by Ali-Renegade » 18 May 2021, 21:33

So folks we need to improve the activity in our clan so let's discuss what our favourite mods for minecraft are and why. I'll begin by saying that mine is Thaumcraft because I love being able to learn all sorts of crazy different types of magic in minecraft and it feels like it should naturally be in the game to begin with after seeing how detailed and well made it is.
*VTuber - Cookies and Cream Bunny*
*Semi Famous Metaverse Musician*
*Psychology Graduate and Computer Science Enthusiast*
*Game Designer*

Toainsully
Great Britain

Achievements

Favourite Mods

Post by Toainsully » 18 May 2021, 21:56

Ali-Renegade wrote:
18 May 2021, 21:33
So folks we need to improve the activity in our clan so let's discuss what our favourite mods for minecraft are and why. I'll begin by saying that mine is Thaumcraft because I love being able to learn all sorts of crazy different types of magic in minecraft and it feels like it should naturally be in the game to begin with after seeing how detailed and well made it is.

Favourite Minecraft mods:

Spider Queen Reborn = It replaces you being Steve and in the form of some-sort of mythical being
Twilight Forest = Whole new dimension to explore
Galacticraft = Space: The Final Frontier. You can even find additions to the mod itself and establish a space empire
Scape and Run = It brings eldritch abominations to your Minecraft world
Atomic Science / ICBM = Nuclear missiles, which can be used for griefing or world construction
Crafting Dead = The Walking Dead, but it's Minecraft
Industrial Craft 2 = A must-have mod for best modded Minecraft experience
BuildCraft = You can make quarries and oil derricks
Railcraft = More minecart tracks!
Dimensional Doors = Endless dimensions
Biomes a'Plenty = More biomes
Clay Soldiers = Little minions that you can make and fight against each other
Sync = Create backups in the event that you don't lose items
Mo'Creatures = More mobs for Minecraft
Not Enough Items = Easier recipe mod rather than the built-in version

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Favourite Mods

Post by LikkleMel » 21 May 2021, 21:12

I do want to try the Hunger Games mod :)
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Ali-Renegade
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Favourite Mods

Post by Ali-Renegade » 21 May 2021, 21:18

Toainsully wrote:
18 May 2021, 21:56
Ali-Renegade wrote:
18 May 2021, 21:33

Favourite Minecraft mods:

Spider Queen Reborn = It replaces you being Steve and in the form of some-sort of mythical being
Twilight Forest = Whole new dimension to explore
Galacticraft = Space: The Final Frontier. You can even find additions to the mod itself and establish a space empire
Scape and Run = It brings eldritch abominations to your Minecraft world
Atomic Science / ICBM = Nuclear missiles, which can be used for griefing or world construction
Crafting Dead = The Walking Dead, but it's Minecraft
Industrial Craft 2 = A must-have mod for best modded Minecraft experience
BuildCraft = You can make quarries and oil derricks
Railcraft = More minecart tracks!
Dimensional Doors = Endless dimensions
Biomes a'Plenty = More biomes
Clay Soldiers = Little minions that you can make and fight against each other
Sync = Create backups in the event that you don't lose items
Mo'Creatures = More mobs for Minecraft
Not Enough Items = Easier recipe mod rather than the built-in version

Galacticraft is super fun, I have a modpack called Renegade Hexxit I made ages ago that revolves around it, I'm tempted to start a server for it specifically for AL to use
*Game Designer*

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Favourite Mods

Post by Expendable » 22 May 2021, 15:28

One of my favorite mod packs is Attack of the B-Team - still going strong. You can find these great mods in there:

Tinker's Construct - You can build a smelting tank that's fueled by lava, cast parts for tools and weapons, and repair them. Plus hammers, incredible tools for mining. You can even get silk touch add-on by constructing a silky gem.
Biomes o'Plenty is fun, love the redwoods in that.
Foods Plus - love the variety of foods you can find in this. Really big farms.
Better Storage - You can upgrade chests.
Secret Rooms Mod - allows you to hide trap doors and the like.
Carpenter blocks - you can basically build all sorts of structures with slopes and angles, the color it with a block. Can be a bit laggy, however.

However, the Natura pack is nice because it brings in giant trees - however, there's a problem with the giant redwood - when one of these grows, it can knock everyone off the server (yes, I've done it a few times, you have to lay out the saplings in a 7x7 diamond and it takes forever for them to grow). For this reason, most servers block players from picking up their saplings. If you have the Tinker's Construct pack, you can easily take one of these down. However, the leaves do not decay and fall. And yes, mobs can spawn on the tree where it's dark enough.

Ali-Renegade
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Favourite Mods

Post by Ali-Renegade » 25 May 2021, 11:54

Expendable wrote:
22 May 2021, 15:28
One of my favorite mod packs is Attack of the B-Team - still going strong. You can find these great mods in there:

Tinker's Construct - You can build a smelting tank that's fueled by lava, cast parts for tools and weapons, and repair them. Plus hammers, incredible tools for mining. You can even get silk touch add-on by constructing a silky gem.
Biomes o'Plenty is fun, love the redwoods in that.
Foods Plus - love the variety of foods you can find in this. Really big farms.
Better Storage - You can upgrade chests.
Secret Rooms Mod - allows you to hide trap doors and the like.
Carpenter blocks - you can basically build all sorts of structures with slopes and angles, the color it with a block. Can be a bit laggy, however.

However, the Natura pack is nice because it brings in giant trees - however, there's a problem with the giant redwood - when one of these grows, it can knock everyone off the server (yes, I've done it a few times, you have to lay out the saplings in a 7x7 diamond and it takes forever for them to grow). For this reason, most servers block players from picking up their saplings. If you have the Tinker's Construct pack, you can easily take one of these down. However, the leaves do not decay and fall. And yes, mobs can spawn on the tree where it's dark enough.

Also another good list of mods, infact i have used at least 2 of these in every modpack i have made.
*Game Designer*

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Favourite Mods

Post by Expendable » 25 May 2021, 15:46

I went out and found an Attack of the B-Team server and found someone I knew from a previous server which had closed. I found a nice location to set up a small smeltery and now I have a basic iron hammer, lumber axe, and excavator.