If you could cast anyone male or female as the next Doctor, who would it be?

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff and all things Dr Who. Join The Whovians today, but beware Spoilers sweetie
Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 24 Jun 2023, 19:59

Personally I think Richard E Grant would make a good one, he's done it in Comic Relief sketches, and for a female Doctor, Catherine Zeta Jones, arguably the most beautiful woman in Wales, would she do it though? I still think they should've let Paul McGann (8th Doctor) do an actual series as well, I know there's footage on YouTube of him turning into Chris Ecclestone, but I don't think it was ever on the telly?

Rowan Atkinson's done it for Comic Relief as well, he's another one I think would make a good proper Doctor, despite his roots in comedy.

Any other ideas?

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

lloydiboy
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lloydiboy » 07 Jul 2023, 06:34

Absolutely agree on Richard E Grant and Paul McGann, really disappointed in the shortness of both their stints as the doctor (especially as both of Grants times are non-canon).

Michelle Gomez would have made a brilliant Doctor if she wasn't already an incredible Master (sorry Mistress).

I'm not sure who would make a good doctor, who doesn't already have pretty strong ties to the show. Ralph Ineson has his amazing voice that would lend a gravitas to the character but I'm not sure how his personality would hold up. We are too used to the slight manic frenzy of the new eras doctors!
Come sing along with me

3DS Friend Code: 4983-6223-5296
Switch Nintendo Network ID: Lloydiboy
SW 7675-3547-3883

PM me to add me and I will add you back :)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 07 Jul 2023, 09:43

Paul McGann was one of the Q&A panelists when I went to the convention in Huddersfield and funnily enough someone asked if he would want to be a Doctor on Doctor Who he said he would but then again he never got approached to do it again so he isn't sure it's ever going to happen. But he did acknowledge the fact that it's a comment he's got a few times.

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!