Definition copied directly from the Urban Dictionary
" (v.) To act and speak as if you are the character you're portraying. To roleplay is as much about what not to say as what TO say. It means to keep your speech in the context of the setting in which your character (or avatar) exists. Context can be defined as both time and place.
Most roleplaying that occurs is in an online setting, such as an online game, a chat room, or a message board. "
The types of Roleplaying:
- Casual: These kind of roleplays is where anyone can just take part in.These usual don't need a signup.So if you see a roleplay that you are interested in that has "Casual" in the title feel free to post in it.
- Advanced/Serious: These are the more complicated roleplays.Sentence structure and grammar is highly needed and these are usually in no less then one paragraph in length.Usually signups and approval is needed in order to take part in them.
- Mature: As the name says these are mature content roleplays.Mature content is sexual or graphic violence in nature.If you are underage I recommend for you not to take part in these.
- Closed: These require signups and approval before you are allowed to join.
- Sparring: This revolves battles, mostly it's one on one, but it can be groups vs. groups or even one vs. groups. It's a battle and sometimes an observer is selected to determine the outcome of it. If no observer is available and the participants needs someone to determine the outcome a RPN mod will take this role.
- All Anime League's rules must be followed at all times.
- Mature content is allowed but must be put in spoiler alerts and a warning of Mature content must be above the spoiler. The code for the spoiler alert is [ spoiler] [ /spoiler] Just remove the spaces for it to work.
- Unless otherwise indicated in the thread title, all threads are considered in-character
- The Host's rules must be followed in the roleplay that you take part in.
- Be respectful.This is especially towards Staff.It is fine if you don't like someone but you must atleast be respectful.
- If a thread hasn't been posted in for 90 days the Host will be contacted in order to see if the thread is going to be continued or closed. After 6 months of no activity in a thread it will be closed.
If a rule is broken a member of Staff will contact you and let you know.
If you have problems with a member of the RPN Staff please contact the section's Head Moderator as soon as possible.This way we can get the issue resolved.
- RPN: Roleplay Nation
- IC: In Character
- OOC: Out of Character
- GM: Game Master or Game Moderator
- Mature: Means it's either sexually graphic, violently graphic, or both. Ordinarily it's the former
- HOST: Person that is hosting or started the roleplay.
- SPONSORED: These are either hosted by Anime League's Clans or by a member of Roleplay Nation's Staff.
- OPEN: Usually open to all.The same as Casual.
- CLOSED: Requires signup or approval mostly.Some Closed Roleplays are only for certain members. Roleplays like these need to say so in the opening post.
- DISCUSSION: Is for discussing related topics to roleplaying. The aren't for Forum RPs, see OOC above for that. Just be sure if you want to talk about something that isn't a roleplay but is about roleplaying place Discussion in the topic. That way everyone knows its for discussion roleplaying.
Assistants help the section's Moderators to come up with ideas to help better the section as a whole:help increase the section's overall activity, help pin point infractions to the Moderators. Assistants are just as important as the Moderators but without all the responsibilities. Assistants need to be actively posting in RPN every week, there is no minimum requirement. If they don't just like moderators they will go on probation unless the Head Moderator has been informed, in which case three weeks will be allowed before they will be placed on probation anyways. After three weeks on probation an Assistant will be removed. If you are removed you can always sign up again when you have time again.
If you are interested in becoming an Assistant you can post your interest in this thread or message @Lord Myne.
If you have any questions, feel free to do post those in this thread too.