College Crushes and Super Heroes [RP]

Whether you're part of a clan or not, this section is for roleplaying and sparring. Any genre including Fantasy, Sci-fi, Romance or Adventure.

Moderators: Expendable, PharaohAtem, Tanya

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 23 May 2020, 21:45

OOC: You get one superpower, student or not, and yes this is a college campus with dorms. No profile needed, just post. Mature content is allowed but please place spoiler tags around it. This thread is PG. For Example, relationships should center around hugging and holding hands.

IC: Welcome to Roland's University of Gifted Students. Everyone who attends this school has a superpower. The Faculty is specially trained to use their superpowers to handle their students if necessary.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Collage Crushes and Super Heroes [RP]

Post by Tanya » 23 May 2020, 21:46

OOC: Yay Pai is back, I hope get others, this will be super fun. Some new players too.
Name: Paimiko
Major: Business
Super Power: Body Enhancement
Background: Pai's body is undeveloped and it bothers her. She even has to move around in a wheel chair most of the time. It's difficult for Pai to accept the fact that her leg and arm muscles are none existent and as a result stunted, like the rest of her body. She appears to be 12 at oldest. She made up for her weakeness by reading and learning. She was considered a genius. Pai in general tries to be cheerful, despite it.

A year ago she discovered she had a super power, and got accepted into this school as a result. She was happy that her super power allowed to be super strong, flexible and super fast. But it didn't last. She could only use her super power for a short amount of time.
本好きの下剋上

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 23 May 2020, 21:47

OOC: I'm replaying as this character

Name: Seiei
Major: Computer Science
Super Power: Age
Personality: She's traditional, but generally open to others. Sometimes she's bossy. She takes honour quite seriously.
Appearance: Seiei wears clothes similiar to a Samurai and has permission to carry her daisho

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 23 May 2020, 21:54

Pai rolled up in her wheel chair. She was so nervous, everyone here was special and well she was just Pai. No, she had to keep a smile on her face and not think of her dilemma and how she might not fit in. She saw what look guards at the gate. She just knew they were going to stop her and reject her. Pai's imagination was running wild.

..."Get out of here, no way you're a super hero who is gifted, I mean have you seen you? You are pathetic weak creature that isn't worth protecting"...

Pai shuddered visibly at her dark thoughts. Despite being uneasy, Pai moved forward and put on her best smile, after all she was excited she was accepted, but was sure it was some kind of mistake. Sure she had a super power but it was limited and her ability when she couldn't use it, well she was helpless, she couldn't even run away.

Bravely Pai moved on, the guards didn't stop her, they didn't even bat an eye, they just let her through. Did they know about her? Or were they just no guards, Pai wondered? Well on to the Auditorium, that was where they were to go, new students anyways.

Pai arrived at the auditorium, she only seen one girl there, she smiled shyly at her casting her head down because she was still unsure of herself. She moved her wheel chair to place where she wouldn't be in the way of others. It wasn't as if she could actually sit in one of the seats provided, well with help she could managed, but she only trusted her parents to move her like that. Still she kept her eyes cast down even though she kept her head up with all that she could muster. And she smiled of course, because a smile always lightened the mood.
本好きの下剋上

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 23 May 2020, 21:59

Seiei dressed in a traditional Samurai clothes for an age long past finished walking to the school. She kept her clothes clean and they were of high quality. Security stopped her as she tried to enter the gate.

"You can't carry weapons onto campus." He pointed at her Daisho, her Katana and Wakisashi.

"Oh you mean these?" Seiei patted her Daisho at her sides. As she wore one on her right hip and the other on her left hip. She knew how to duel wield them effectively.

"These are part of my super powers, and I have special permission from the Head Master to carry them on my person," Seiei handed the papers to the security guard and he looked them before he responded.

"That's a bit unusual but your papers are in order in follow the proper procedures, okay you can keep them." The security guard step to the side and let Seiei pass.

Seiei took the opportunity to walk onto campus and head to the auditorium since that was where all new students were suppose to report. After Seiei arrived she noticed she was early. In fact the first student there. That didn't bother her after being punctual was important. She took an empty near the back. Sitting in front would draw attention, while sitting in back would just be expected and ignored, except for those who sat in front, they'd think possible delinquent which didn't bother Seiei one bit.

Jas
Retrospective Member
Retrospective Member
United States of America

Post by Jas » 24 May 2020, 02:42

OOC: CHaracter Sheet

Name: Dane
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Super Power: Material Trace (Similar to Shirou's starting ability from Fate/Stay Night, can alter the structure of an object for as long as he touches it. Don't worry, the full depth of Shirou's power isn't mimicked here)
Personality: Dane graduated high school a year early, and his youth shows in his general immaturity. He is serious about his studies but his interpersonal relationships suffer often from too many bad jokes. Still, he is kind and well-meaning, and he is loyal to his friends.
Appearance: Dane is short for a western male, at 5'4", with sandy-blonde hair and a baby face. His bright blue eyes are shielded by guady, oversized plastic frames with a tortoise shell pattern.

Jas
Retrospective Member
Retrospective Member
United States of America

Post by Jas » 24 May 2020, 03:05

IC:
Dane waited in the security line for what seemed like an eternity! When he finally got to the front of the line, he was waved right through without a second look at the guards. He was small and unassuming.

After he cleared the checkpoint, Dane stopped and looked around the campus, just taking it in. He saw a bench off to the side of the gate, where he removed his backpack, took out a manila folder full of documents, and extracted from it a campus map. He restored the folder to the backpack, re-shouldered it, and followed the map to the auditorium.

As he entered the auditorium, a number of other students were also flooding in. As a smaller student, Dane got jostled out of the line and stumbled into a wheelchair.

"Oh, sorry," Dane muttered, "I didn't mean to..." He took a look at the young lady in the wheelchair, found that she was just fine, and then felt his eyes linger too long on her extremities. When he realized he was staring, he said, "Sorry," again and rushed away, blushing.

Stupid, stupid, stupid! Dane rushed to find a seat where he felt that the girl in the wheelchair probably could not see him and slumped down into the seat to hide.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 24 May 2020, 17:03

The flow of new students after a bit started to increase as usual people were courteous and went around here, but it might just be that just pitied Pai. Pai was aware of this and she didn't let it concern her after all it had been that way her whole life. However, after a bit the traffic took a turn for the worst and other students, smaller ones were being jostled around and one such student came crashing into her wheel chair giving a Pai an unexpected jolt.

It didn't hurt, it just startled her, he apologized stuttering. Pai opened her mouth in wonder, why was he stuttering? Was it pity, was a boy crushing on her, then he just openly stared at her. I mean lots of people stared at her, but this felt different and it was actually making her feel uncomfortable and weird. Pai told herself it was just pity it had to be and she had identified the weird her heart was fluttering, that wasn't weird. It was just unexpected, she calmed it. He was small like her, well not as small as her, maybe that's why but he was also cute. I mean she was just staring at him too. Then he apologized again, but he didn't stutter this time, but his face had become flushed and he raced away expertly and hid from her view.

Pai was a bit confused, that wasn't pity was it? Why did he do that, why was he hiding from her? She wasn't scary and he couldn't possibly think she was cute an attractive young lady. Pai knew what her circumstance were very well, she look like a child basically because her body was underdeveloped. Well a child that had started developing because she did have a noticeable chest and that was all it was noticable. Most would simply state she was flat, but for her size, well why? Stop thinking about that as her face reddened realizing where her thoughts were going. I need to concentrate on orientation not boy crushes especially since no boy would have a crush on her.
本好きの下剋上

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 24 May 2020, 18:50

Seiei sat and wait, she noted that a girl in a wheel chair was the first to arrive, then many others started to follow suit. In fact they were rushing probably because they knew they running late and the orientation would be starting soon. They were getting too rowdy in fact and a smaller student got shoved into the girl in the wheel chair. Both appeared to be having an awkward social moment. They were still young and still trying to figure out how they wanted to socialize it seemed. The boy rushed off after moment.

Seiei wasn't young, in fact was a colleague of the Head Master's. Though she didn't believe they had actually met in person. They had communicated each other through letters, phone calls, emails, and through online methods. Seiei of course knew about the Head Master. He was a well known professor on the subject of super powers. He had opened and sponsored this school.

The government worked with him on establishing it though. So it was government control to an extent. There was good reason, because there was shady history that been erased from modern day history knowledge. They went as far as using a super power that altered memories on the masses to hide it as well. Naturally no super power was perfect and without its flaws. Which meant many but a small portion of the populace only about 5% wasn't affected at all and remembered the dark past.

However, that past was getting older every day. The event was 4 decades old now. So fewer and fewer people were around that really remembered it. The stories of those times, the truth was passed around, and often twisted to fit agendas of various groups, organizations, parties, and so on. Seiei wasn't part of the governments that had made that decision, it was practically a landmark and a global treaty, that was hushed. Sure officially the Global treaty existed, but what it was really about wasn't, it was some other hog wash about them agreeing that super powers needed to be nourished and schools would be established to accomplish this goal.

Those schools didn't get establish in most of those governments for a couple decades after the treaty was signed. This school for instance was only a decade old itself. The nourishment wasn't the goal, it was just the propaganda spill to hide the truth. However, because the truth was being hidden and some nasty organizations as well as some extreme groups knew it was lie, some knew what the truth was, most didn't, those twisted truths became the truth to many of them, because those who started them were mostly dead now and the others who followed their movement never knew. So the groups today basically believed their cause and groups objectives were justified. In truth it was just a big mess. But it was Seiei was here.

The Head Master believed some of those groups were going to try something at the school and that's why there were security guards. Then there's the extra measure, he asked me to come and join the school as a student. Part of the reason was so no one would be that careful of me. Another was because he wanted my professional opinion on how things were ran at his school. Both were fine by me, being a student again sounded a little fun anyways. But I'm the serious type so others are probably not going to make friends with me anyways. So my under cover goal was probably going to fail. Not because they'd figure it out, they'd just wouldn't want to be friendly with me. Seiei turned from her thoughts and back to the present and her surroundings.

There were plenty of seats. Oddly only freshman were present, and no staff members, wait there was one. A balding middle aged man was sitting in the lone chair on the stage, near the podium. That was odd, wasn't there usually a guess speaker and several staff members around to introduce different activities and rules? Why only one staff member? This was a different type of school. The type of schools she was use too, orientation was ran by the school council with little faculty involved, and the school clubs to get new members.

Once everyone had gathered inside in the doors were closed for the auditorium, by staff, who stayed outside? Again strange, were they being sacrificed? Seiei knew that was probably not the case, Roland's reputation was too good for that to be true. Still it was eerie, such actions did not bid well for what was to come. The balding man then stood up to address them and approached the podium.

"Quiet, QUIET..ahm." The gathered students voices lowered to a low murmur.

"Welcome to Roland, the school for the Gifted, " the middle age man stated. He waited for a moment before he continued again.

"I'm Vice Principle Victor Salvator. You were handed books with our rules and guidelines, you must adhere to them, and I won't bother repeating them here. I'm sure no one wants to hear them all rattled off for hours. That said, this school is special it is for special individuals who have super powers, the ability to become super heroes. It's a school which has the same classes and education any other University offers.

And I'd like to congratulate all of you on being accepted to our school. Lastly, Principle Gregory Roland would like a word." After the Vice Principle finished he turned around and walked toward the back. He then unlocked what looked like a strong door to a vault, by cranking a wheel, and apparently using his bio, his super, to unlock it. Once the door open, an aura emulated and engulfed the entire auditorium. Seiei immediately knew her super powers were for the moment negated.

"Do not be alarmed," a distinguished handsome middle age man stated in glasses as he came out from the behind the strong door.

"It's my super power, its power negates all powers around me no matter what they are. Do not fret, I will not walk around the school and make everyone uncomfortable. Though I do monitor the school from my office."

"My super power like some of yours is always active, and for others it's only temporary. Despite what type of power you have, we will nurture it here at Roland, as we will expand your mind on what's possible. Forget what you knew and thought were your limits, instead learn what they are, learn what the world holds. And that does include everything that is dark about it too. Yes we will dip into knowledge about the Others, those like us. We aren't new, we have been around since the beginning. But our kind are looked down upon so the history books do not include us. Normal people fear us, not all, just most. So it's best to not cause a stir. Here though, you will learn the truth, you will learn of your origins, and of others like you."

With his speech finished the principle ducked back down behind the strong hold door. The Vice Principle hurriedly closed it, seemingly unnerved by the Principle's present himself. He used his bio to finish sealing it. After which he approached the podium once more.

"You are dismissed for the day, be sure to check into your dorm rooms." The doors opened and students hurriedly rushed out of the auditorium.

Seiei waited, she wasn't really all that comfortable without power, no one else had them either, and she was confident in her skills if it came to it. But to tell them the truth, that'd break the agreed upon treaty, but this was Roland's school and he did collaborate with the government. She didn't actually believe he'd be telling the truth, just a twisted version of it, like everyone else. The question was why and what were his objectives. Seiei's power had returned the moment the vault was closed, it was a special door, no doubt. It probably had something to do with the Vice Principle's bio power.

Well it wasn't her problem at the moment. The Samurai got up and went outside, a day off, hmm. She decided to sit on a bench near a fountain. There was a small breeze blowing in the scent of the ocean, and some flowers. It was pleasant to say the least.

Jas
Retrospective Member
Retrospective Member
United States of America

Post by Jas » 25 May 2020, 06:27

This was the single weirdest experience of Dane's life. He listened to the vice principal's preamble and, upon the releasing of the vault's seal, got quite a shock.

Despite Dane's power being a largely activated ability, there was a passive component as well. He could feel the structure in everything he touched, which was imperative in knowing how to modify it. To the boy, the feeling was as deep-seated as it is for you or I to taste or hear or see. And in a moment, that was severed. To grow up with such a sense--to rely on such a sense--and then to have it removed was no less disorienting than an average human might find a loss of vision or hearing.

It was no less debilitating.

Dane struggled to focus his mind, to stave off the onset of panic his body was all too ready to give. He focused on the headmaster's words, both of caution and of encouragement, and slowly began to calm down. The words, message, and speech were less a factor in his reduced anxiety than was his force of will to concentrate, to focus.

Of course, Headmaster Roland's reputation preceded his orientation speech. He was reputed as kind, fair, and powerful, and Dane had believed the hype. But having seen him and experienced the loss of his sense from the man's mere presence was something... religious!

By the time the vice principal resealed the door, though, the magic of the experience faded as his power returned. His material sense was particularly sensitive, probably for no less of a reason than moving from dark to light increases the sensitivity of your eyes.

Dane stayed hunched down in his chair until nearly everyone else was gone from the room. Can't make a bigger ass of myself today if I don't see anyone, he reasoned internally. As he rose from his chair, his eyes nervously scanned back to where the girl in the wheelchair had been, half-afraid and half-hoping that she would still be there. There's something about that girl... he mused. I am sure we'll meet again. And I'll have to be a little more charming and friendly next time.

Having successfully cheered himself up, Dane pushed a handle to release himself from the auditorium and back out into the sunshine.

Dane approached the dormitory and waited in line behind the supers who had preceded him out of the lecture hall. I guess I didn't think this through, he thought. It'll probably be quite a bit before i see anyone about my room.

So outside of being aware of the line moving along and keeping pace with the student in front of him, he turned all his attention outward, looking for anything to entertain himself for the wait.

He focused for perhaps a bit too long on a girl in decidedly conservative Japanese attire resting on a bench some distance away, but he doubted she or anyone else would notice. But mostly, Dane just waited. And shuffled in the queue. Then waited some more.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 25 May 2020, 23:18

Pai settles in now and calmed down, she was sure she'd be alright now. The Vice Principle started his address to her and the other freshmen. He was brief, wow. Then introduced the Head Master, their Principle. Pai felt her tie to her power fade. It bugged her because with it she could abandon her frail self, but it was only temporary anyways. At the Head Master's words she felt relieved, her powers would be back. Roland continued on saying that they were going to be taught the truth.

Pai wondered what that was, she did know the history recorded no one with super powers, which she found strange. So Pai was curious about where they came from. She wanted to know whey she had super powers for instance. It didn't seem like someone like her should have them. However, she did, but they were still so fleeting, her powers only activated for short period of time. It felt wondrous when they did it was like a high, but she didn't feel an impulse to keep using them. Her powers were dangerous so didn't want to use them carelessly. She knew others treated the weak, they weren't nice, she didn't want to be like them.

Roland finished and left and the students left in a near panic when he was done. Now Pai was frightened, even though her powers had returned. She was jostled around a bit as they rushed past her. No one had paid her heed. She hadn't fallen out of chair. It was a miracle but her stomach was a jumble it was all she could to keep herself from vomiting. Her body ached from being the wheelchair rocking too. So she sat there for sometime, green as can be.

Eventually it subsided in her equilibrium kicked back in and her surroundings stabilized and didn't seem to be whirling around her any longer. Pai came to a conclusion, being pitied was better than being ignored and simply and obstacle to be pushed out of their way. She was so weak and pathetic. But at least she had recovered and was now able to leave and go to her dorm. Her body still ached, but that probably wouldn't go away for weeks, unless she used her super. She was tempted, but decided not to, not just to heal her aching body. That would be irresponsible.

Pai wheeled herself out of the auditorium, it was about 20 minutes after everyone else had already left. If one were to see her eyes, one would be able to tell she was in pain. She decided she'd eat and go to her dorm and rest. But she tired out quickly. It felt like she had been moving herself around all day, maybe she had subconsciously use what arm strength she had to keep herself in her chair. Her arm muscles were aching, so now she was heaving. She was so ashamed, why was she so weak? But she could nothing but rest and recover what little strength she could muster. While she rested she wondered how was she going to get to the cafeteria and eat as well go to her dorm? At this point it'd all be too much for her to handle. Probably just to the dorm then? She needed to eat though, otherwise she'd get sick, her body needed all the nutrition it could get. She was so helpless she was perplexed about what to do. Her super power, no, no I can't, but it's power was enticing her, it would solve her sorry state and current fate.
本好きの下剋上

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 28 May 2020, 15:39

Name: Lilly
Major: Science
Powers: Plant, she has the ability to manipulate nature by growing plants faster then what is natural, find plants that cure people and use plants to hurt people like vines and stuff.
Background: She was known as a nerd her whole life as a kid, always hanging around nature and not much with people. People think she's a witch, animals are her friend. She was always a loner and one night was attacked, when she found out her powers and tripped and nearly killed her assailants with vines to choke them. Her parents feared for her so shipped her out of state away from them at a college for those that are gifted.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

MakiChan
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by MakiChan » 28 May 2020, 17:03

OOC: Ngl, was looking for an excuse to get back into RPing!

Name: Kirari "Kira" Hikawa
Major: Music
Power: Ice Manipulation, she can control and create Ice. She doesn't have much control over at the moment though so she tends to try and not use it
Personality: She's cool and calm and it takes a lot to get her riled up. She's very sarcastic and will always try and have the last word
Background: She's always been very cautious of her powers ever since she accidentally froze half of her old school. Even the slightest touch of a body of water and she could freeze it, which is why she wears gloves which control her power. She got sent to this college to try and control her powers so she doesn't have to wear the gloves anymore. She's also an amazing singer and is the singer of a band with 4 of her friends called "ChaoticBlossom" who go with a kind of gothic image.

----------------------------------------------

IC: "No that doesn't sound right...", Kirari said to herself as she looked up at the ceiling, "Just can't seem to get the right words..."

She was sitting at her desk in her dorm writing the new song for her band.

"Ugh...why am I finding this so difficult?"

She seemed to have hit an impasse with the song and was trying to find some inspiration. Her band are called ChaoticBlossom and they have played a few times on campus, seeming to be somewhat popular with some of the student. Kirari was the one who wrote the songs and they had all decided to compose a new one.

"Hmm...maybe I'll take a break", she said, getting up from her chair and stretching, "Some fresh air might be good"

She looked around her room, her walls covered with posters of the various bands she liked. In the corner was her own personalised mic stand  which she had custom made to give her a sense of identity and she loved it very much. She grabbed her jacket and pulled her gloves up and she walked over to the door and exited the room
"If they should take me
Then may they break me
Kill me
Burn me
But I'll stay torched into the heart"
The Phalanx - Trivium

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 28 May 2020, 18:32

Lilly really didn't like large crowds and even though the school didn't seem that bad, her anxiety always seemed one step ahead of her and she often found herself looking for a door to the outside world. Where freedom was given and you could do what you want and role around the grass even, which she often did without someone watching her. As soon as the lesson was over she was out, like a swarm of hornets were hot on her heals, she didn't bother getting a jacket the earth would warm her.

Making sure she wasn't seen she hit behind some bushes and sat down upon an old tree stump and sighed in relief.

"Freedom at last"

Whirling her hand a little bit a small vine started to come out of the bush and surround her with loving arms. The feel of all the green around her seemed to make her energy return to normal and calm her down. Boy were plants her best friend, even a bird had come to land on it and chirp away happily.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jas
Retrospective Member
Retrospective Member
United States of America

Post by Jas » 29 May 2020, 11:56

Dane quickly bored of surveying the campus as he waited in line. He fished a pencil out of his school bag and decided to practice his ability.

As soon as he held the pencil in his hand, he felt the material sense, but when he focused on it, he felt the item come into focus.

Wood, mostly cellulose, a number of different oils. Based on those oils... Cedar.

Paint, pretty boring.

Aluminum ferrule, rubber eraser, graphite and clay core, traces of bone glue.

By the time he'd worked out the composition, the line had advanced, so he advanced with it, then fished a plastic cafeteria knife out of his pocket. It was unremarkable except that it appeared to have previously been sharpened--the bulbous "teeth" were removed from the edge and one side was angled down to 17° for a nice sharp knife edge. In most people's hands, this would slice once or twice before using its edge. But in his hands... Just rearrange the lattice... it became as hard as steel. With his knife he began to shave at the wood, bringing a point to the pencil.

Again, the line advanced, and so did Dane.

Focus on the graphite... Adjust the lattice. Through his ability, the carbon atoms in the graphite were rearranging to the structure of diamond. It was still too small to really see, but he enjoyed the way the point caught the sunlight in the courtyard.

The line advanced, and Dane was inside. The brilliance at the tip of his pencil dimmed, and he dropped the pencil and knife in his pocket. As soon as the tools broke contact with his skin, they reverted to normal.

Finally at the desk, Dane entered the choreographed process that is dormitory check-in.

A young girl that appeared to be a rocker exited from the room next to his just as he was entering his, and he swore he caught a chill as she passed. Having just opened his door, he blamed it on a sudden draft, as it washed over him and as quickly left.

His bags had arrived, and Dane commenced unpacking while thinking about how nice co-ed dorms were.