D&D 3.0 and 3.5 Discussion

Whether you're part of a clan or not, this section is for roleplaying and sparring. Any genre including Fantasy, Sci-fi, Romance or Adventure.

Moderators: Expendable, PharaohAtem, Tanya

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 21 May 2020, 11:55

Let us share any D&D information and discuss it here. D&D is roleplay related, so I don't see any issue in have a discussion about it. Any such topics should have discussion in the topic so others know it's not a thread for forum roleplaying.

Currently I'm running a DM campaign and have for years. We roleplay every two weeks. We put it off for a bit during recent events. But we have decided to start it up again.

Currently we are doing an Epic campaign. We switch it up. It's been fun so far.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 24 May 2020, 15:55

So in the Epic all the characters have been summoned to their current world. In the worlds they were from they were strong, but there were plenty of others who were just as strong and a few who were stronger.

In their current world the Strong are sorta weak to them, the rare few individuals who are strong are level 10 in this world.

The group has come to find out there are Relics that each country must pledge their loyalty too in order to gain more power. There is apparently a world record that limits those who don't to level 5. So Level 5 is the typical veteran reliable citizen in the general population.

Also they discovered this world is pretty much wiped out every thousand years because incredibly powerful monsters for them at least start roaming the world in large numbers.

The characters were summoned by one of these countries to put a stop to these monsters, from of course destroying their country. They don't really care if the other countries are destroyed.

The characters immediately abandoned their summoners, go figure. They are currently working for another country's goal which is to stop the waves all together. It's lead by idealists.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 24 May 2020, 16:01

The characters in the group are as follows

An Alf Half Celestial Mystic who is capable of using the most powerful wizard and cleric spells

A Centaur Half Dragon who is a Barbarian Fighter capable of incredibly powerful attacks

A Dragon who is capable of moderate Sorcery and powerful attacks, he's a major tank, high AC and a lot of HP

An Elf Darkwood Stalker Ranger capable of amazing Archery feats

A Pixie Rogue capable of hiding even from a dragon which should be impossible and assassinating even the strongest foes
本好きの下剋上

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 25 May 2020, 00:10

Speaking of which the Pixie Rogue is the character I roleplay in this game.

We just leveled up and for once I'm not sure how I should level her up. I imagine we won't be leveling up that often, this is first time we have since the game started. I mean it makes sense to just go up a level in Rogue, after that not so much. Rogue becomes pointless any further. Only sneak attack goes up after that. Obviously skills points, but you get those no matter what class you choose, just a few less. Nothing crippling as far as skills go.

I was thinking what other class could I try to give her more options in battle. With a few levels in another base class at this point seems useless. More levels in Rogue at the same time seems useless. So I've come to a point of where should I go?