The Guild and Kingdoms [RP] hosted by Tempest

Whether you're part of a clan or not, this section is for roleplaying and sparring. Any genre including Fantasy, Sci-fi, Romance or Adventure.

Moderators: Expendable, PharaohAtem, Tanya

hokage234
Standard Member
United States of America

Re: The Guild and Kingdoms [RP] hosted by Tempest

Post by hokage234 » 27 May 2019, 23:18

Adam respectfully bowed to the white mage supervisor. "Thank you, back in my homeland I grew up in healing and handling many injured animals as well as travelers in our forest. I shall continue on to some of the other white mage skill tests and black mages." He respectfully bowed once more before leaving. He had enough energy in him left for the other test he considered important for white mages, protection magic. He made his way to where the practice dummies were and saw some of the other trainers there, archers, warriors, and even mages. He went up to one of the dummies, a basic sack filled dummy made to look like a person. It wasn't ideal for protecting normally but using real subjects was too dangerous for tests. He would use some distance protection spells first, just basic shields meant to deflect projectiles. He muttered under his breath and the same arcane shield he used in the goblin fight appeared in front of the dummy. He turned to the archer as he held up his hand to maintain the shield, "I'm ready for a projectile test."

He watched the archery trainer walk up, and begin to line up his shots at the dummy. Now normally Adam's shield would reflect these projectiles back at the attacker, but he was sure attempting to injure the instructors would get him disqualified and in serious trouble. Instead he changed the trajectory of the shield to reflect the arrows back to the ground. The archery instructor fired his first shot and the arrow hit the arcane shield he created. The reaction was immediate when the shield flared up briefly before sending the arrow flying directly in the ground in front of the dummy. He fired a few more shots and even began firing multiple at once, each meeting the same fate as the first. He then dropped the shield, signaling he was done with the physical protection.

Small beads of sweat began to show on his forehead, but he still had energy left to use protection magic for magic. He wiped his brow and took a deep breath before holding out both hands and chanting the words to place the barrier around the dummy. A dim barrier could be seen around the dummy and Adam turned to the black mage there and told him "I am ready for you to use offensive magic." The black mage acknowledged him and began prepping basic spells to use. The first one being a basic fireball that would have likely incinerated the dummy should it hit. Adam concentrated on his shield and in elven yelled out "Fire" and the shield turned orange before the fireball collided with it and dispersed around the barrier and dummy harmlessly. As the mage fired different elemental spells, he would yell out in elven the different elements used and the barrier color would change and disperse the spell around it harmlessly.

By the end of it, Adam fell to one knee and was breathing rapidly. Between breaths he spoke up "Thats the limit.... I can do without.... potions or other ... support magic." He took a few more breaths before his breathing slowly became more relaxed. "Is there any rules to these test against using potions? I had planned to take one more test as a black mage. After my previous test and this one I exhausted more energy than I expected.|

Basically Deleted
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Basically Deleted » 28 May 2019, 01:13

After Zya finishes the obstacle course, Kyuro approaches her.

"I think I know what your problem is. I heard you say that you're part demon. I think one of our members must be part angel. It would explain your reaction. If you permit it, I think I have a solution. I can take one of my scales and focus some of my dragon power in it. Dragon energy will keep your demon side from detecting anything that would disrupt it unless it's trying to kill you. So basically if there's a half-angel, then the only way you'll go berserk with it is if the half-angel tries to kill you. What do you think?"
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Come roleplay with us in Tempest~

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 02 Jun 2019, 01:13

Murdock nodded, she'd was battle worthy, only missions that didn't require combat but diplomacy or other might be problematic for her. There was no call to call these tests lame. However, they were meant to be safe and not dangerous so of course they weren't exciting tests. They weren't meant to be. They were meant to test their abilities and that was it. Simple was the best approach to such tests, because you could read ones ability more thoroughly that way. So Gramm understood the remark from an exciting point of view the tests were boring and lame. However, they were necessary. She'd probably think the next test was more exciting. There was no need for him to see her engage in melee combat with the dummies. Her previous battle revealed what he needed to know about her melee prowess, it was the same for some of the others as well. But he wasn't going to stop them from taking it, they might have something new to show off with.

The White Mage nodded and watched the young elf move on to the defensive range and though he'll make a good white mage in battle as he watched. The Black Mage instructor walked toward Adam and she winked at him. She was a dark beauty without a doubt and 100% elf.

"No there isn't, unless you do so secretively. You've done well in defending. Further you already used magical energy earlier. I'd like to see what else you can do with your black magic. So if you don't restore your magical energy I won't be able to give you a completely fair examination of your ability. So take the time you need to recover then find me to show me what you can do against those dummies with your black magic." The Archer didn't need to walk up to the man, he'd give his assessment of the defense against his attacks to the guild master later. The black mage then moved on to wait for other contenders. She of course hadn't used her most powerful magic, just simple stuff really. For one there was no point in that and secondly she would need to cast magic over and over again all day long and basic simple spells were easy for her to do that with. Besides it was practical to use your basic stuff most of the time for missions anyways, unless the big stuff was needed, that was. Best to save her best moves for when it was truly needed, that way she could use them in a pinch.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 02 Jun 2019, 01:23

Zya looked the half dragon over and well he was impressive in combat compared to most. An angel Zya thought and her blood started to boil again. She had just got rid of that pain, welp indeed that Angel creature. But Angels were so cute, very cute, her blood still refused to settle down as her demon part didn't think Angels were cute at all. The dragon offered one of his scales and claimed it would keep her demon from detecting the demon. Zya thought about it, she knew a dragon's aura was powerful so that might just work, anything to keep her demon blood under a bit more control. She smirked at him, even though, because she wasn't sure it'd work.

"I'll give it a shot, this better work," she threatened lightly because she wasn't planning vengeance or anything she just wanted it to work. Zya waited for the dragon's response, especially for this suppose scale. She didn't want to seem to eager to get it, but unfortunately her saliva started to build up and she was starting to feel weird, well horny, that was unfamiliar for her. Okay, she'd definitely want this dragon scale if this worked, because he'd be as good as coffee, better than coffee if it eased her god awful existence of everyday. But she'd knew her lust would past if it didn't work. That demon blood in her lust at times after things. Stupid demon blood she cursed silently. Making her body react physically to things, but the pain had muted somewhat. Her blood was hot but in a different way, it was yearning instead. Stupid demon blood, can't make up its mind at all.
本好きの下剋上

Basically Deleted
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Basically Deleted » 02 Jun 2019, 02:27

"Oh it will work," he replied rather confidently. "This isn't the first time I've done it."

Kyuro removes his cloak revealing his dragon wings. Upon examination you could see where his right wing was missing a scale. Kyuro then removes a scale from his left wing and focuses his aura into the scale. Upon completion, he took a string and threaded it through this scale and handed it to Zya.

"As long as you wear it, you shouldn't have any more trouble unless something is trying to kill you."
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 02 Jun 2019, 03:32

Zya takes the offered scale and she does indeed feel his aura inside of it. She places it around her neck and tucks scale into a shirt so it would be upon her bare skin, she wanted maximum affect. She felt a jolt as it touched her skin. She in fact moaned a bit, Zya realized it was one of pleasure definitely not appropriate here. The fact was the scale felt chilly upon her skin and pulsed a chill through her body. It was completely numbing her pain, her moan was not a sexual one but of of happiness instead, she was cooing. Weird she wasn't a kid. Despite how she looked she was fully grown in fact old for an elf, she should've keeled over sometime ago as an elf. However, her cursed demon blood wouldn't let her do that, it had stunted her growth shortly after she had started to blossom into a woman. So she was small, but because of that she didn't actually ever feel sexual desire for man. Now she could feel it, okay she liked dragons, that was it. Not that she knew that before. However, Zya was an honest girl.

"You know I'm actually hot for dragons and your my type, what do you say we form a party and see if our personalities click and become friends? Then perhaps we might explore more from there." She also didn't see any point in beating around the bush and went out with a straight forward approach. It might to brash for some, but if was it wouldn't work out because she just said things right out. If she bothered with wasting her breath at all. She was actually usually quiet, because she just didn't have anything to say and she liked listening the quiet. It wasn't quiet right now, Zya thought sourly and pouted a bit. Why was her perfect no pain day getting ruined. Something always had to be off to annoy her, didn't it? This world had no love for her, but hey she was 50% demon, she really couldn't blame the world for having no love for a race that wanted to destroy it and bring it to ruin.
本好きの下剋上

hokage234
Standard Member
United States of America

Post by hokage234 » 02 Jun 2019, 19:39

Adam calmed down a bit once the dark magic instructor approached him and he noticed it as a fellow elf, a pure one from what he could tell and a beauty at that. She informed him there was nothing against taking potions, so long as there wasn't any attempt to hide it. He nodded and pulled out a large vial from his bag, filled with a familiar liquid used to restore magical energies. He pulled the cork out and practically chugged the potion down, wanting to restore his energy quickly. His body gave out a small glow as his energy was refilled along with some of his stamina. He put the cork back on and returned the vial to his bag. He stood up and took another breath before speaking up. "It's a bit calming to see another elf here, I was almost afraid I be the only one in this capital from the way I saw things coming in. My black magic is nowhere near on the same scale as my white magic as I only spent the last few years studying it alongside my master."

Adam lined himself up in front of a group of dummies. He held out both his hands together then drew his right hand back as if pulling an arrow. As he did this lightning formed around in front of him in the shape of a bow made of lightning and the hand pulling back formed an arrow of lightning. He opened up his right hand and the bolt flew straight forward at a dummy, going strait through it and dispersing once it exited the dummy. He pulled his right arm again forming a new arrow but with a different purpose. He let it loose in the same matter as before but it instead split into three lightning arrows, piercing three dummies at once in the same matter as the first arrow. After showing he could fire multiple shots and split shots, Adam slid his left hand down the lightning bow to the bottom of it and tossed it out towards a group of dummies in front of him as if he was throwing a boomerang. When it reached the rough center of the group he held out his hand, muttered a quick incantation and a large glyph appeared below the group of dummies followed by a focused lightning storm that practically obliterated what was left of the dummies, leaving bits of sticks and very brief fires from where the lightning hit.

Adam wasn't done yet though, he not only studied lightning magic, but fire as well. He went to another group of dummies and begun forming a fire ball in his hand. In the goblin fight he held back the magic needed due to goblins being fairly weak. Here he could show off more of his control. He grew the fireball in his hand eventually holding it out as it had grown much larger to the size of a small boulder. He soon launched the fireball forward and when it made contact with the first dummy it was incinerated before the fireball even exploded, generating a large wave of force. The force of the explosion hit Adam but he held his ground, standing in place as he covered his eyes to keep the debris from blinding him temporarily. Once the force of the explosion passed and and the smoke, many more than just the dummies he aimed for were destroyed, but several others around the front. Adam then realized he may have released more magical energy in the fireball than he thought, but it did the job of showing his potential he felt. He bowed to the dark mage instructor and the others "Forgive me but I will take my leave as I go to the obstacle course. I want to be sure I still have time to run through the course before the final test later," and quickly made his way out before they could have a chance to respond.

Adam arrived to the obstacle course area and saw that the half dragon Kyuro was there, chatting with Zya the odd female elf he saw earlier before the goblin fight and practically began to eat them. She was one of the ones Adam wanted to keep an eye out for. He walked up to the two chatting and asked each of them, " So how goes your test so far?"

Rysiu

Achievements

Post by Rysiu » 02 Jun 2019, 21:26

Sulfurus finally decided to take yet another test, he heard the interchange between Gramm and Zya and could only agree with her. As far as goblins were some kind of a test, practice on wounded animals or dummies was an utter idiocy. He took a window of opportunity when Kyuro approached Zya and decided to take an obstacle test. On his way he noticed that the mage has joined the conversation leaving ranged test area. He diverted from his way a little bit and got within the stone's reach of ranged dummies. Took out few needles out of his pocket and threw them against targets without stopping on his tracks then he proceeded towards obstacle course. He knew the needles hit the targets, they always did. By the time he reached the field the straw within dummies withered and turned black. "The Withering" one of his favourite poisons, the moment it gets to the bloodstream it starts decay of anything organic. First the poison is delivered to liver in order to get rid of the toxin which is where the decay starts, as the liver slowly falls apart causing internal haemorrhage, the contaminated blood gets directly to muscles causing their gradual decomposition. In the space of one hour heart chambers began to fall apart and the victim drowns in the mixture of their own blood and decomposed tissue. All in all he believed people are nothing more but a sack of manure.
Seems simple enough this obstacle course, he thought as he spied around, few patrols around the bends here and there, several observers on the top, watches? so they seem to measure time as well, fair enough.
Sulfurus plunged down where the first referee was and asked him to start the test. Soon after he vanished into thin air. And only a single footsteps on a muddy ground would give away his location. Whole area was like a maze, walls about 3 meters high with few towers here and there for the observers. Towers were simple pillars, wooden base on the top for the observer to stand at. He was getting near first bend and bounced of the wall to get some time airborne. Hew flew just behind the guard who was taking a turn round the corner, yet he still managed to grab his coin sack and throw it in the opposite direction. The moment before the landing he threw a knife at the sack so the metallic sound of coins muffled his landing noise and caught guard's attention. He pushed himself against the wall as his stealth began to wane. He looked up at one of the towers and seen observer looking at him. Sulfurus responded with a grin and moved further. There was a nook where he would not be seen from above he jumped inside and hid in the shadows. From there he pointed approximately at the observer's platform/ Delay 15 seconds, Conjure Army of Minor Dead he whispered.
"Where the hells are they..." - he heard the voice
The guard is still looking for his coins in the mud, good.
"Rise..." - he whispered pointing at another location. In an instant a rublnig of earth turned the gazes of observers to the place where a zombie tried to crawl out from the underground. Sulfurus used the opportunity once again. Took another turning and hopped onto the ladder. 5 seconds left.He reaches the platform.2 seconds."Absolute Darkness" - he whispers and observer vision becomes obstructed. This one is a complex spell can hold only for a few seconds but that's more than enough for Sulfurus. The only thing the observer notices is the skeletal sound behind him yet he can't see anything. On the other side of the darkness skeletal minions begin to spawn one next to another and form a kind of skeletal bridge themselves connecting observer's platform with the other end of the trial completely avoiding all traps and other possible surprises. Before the spells wanes Sulfurus rushes through the bridge and meets the referee on the other side.
"Nothing was mentioned in the rules so.. that's first referee's whistle, few cigarettes, and a stop watch, first guardian's plum from the helmet and his wedding ring... i suppose. Observer's spyglass and pen..." - says Sulfurus as he hands all the items he managed to pick pocket in the meantime.
"When did you-" the second referee fails to finish as his attention is caught by a cracking sound of dispersing undead minions.
"Minute and seven seconds... I'm getting old no doubt" - says Sulfurus looking at the stop watch.
"Yes you're- wait a minute where is-" - he looks at Sulfurus, "When did you?"
"7 seconds ago, when you've been watching crumbling skeleton bridge" - he replies as he walks past the referee then he throws it at the referee without turning back. He walks back in a lazy pace around the obstacle course seeing the three still standing there together.
"Suicidal girl," - he says turning to Zya, - "I guess that's something important" - he adds as he throws Kyuro's dragon scale at her.
Without a word of explanation he turns back to the quarters to sit again in his corner.

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 02 Jun 2019, 22:10

Master Ivan Blackheart watched Sulfurus with interest, he proved to be a promising candidate for his particular arts. Ordinarily Ivan didn't bother. However, he had sense some powerful auras. So he had wondered in unseen no even the Guild Master knew when Blackheart was about. As the sole S rank adventurer who frequented this guild, well there was one other, but she ensured she was scarce. Master Gramm knew Ivan came hear and there, he told Gramm as much. Normally Blackheart wasn't about either. The Guild Master preferred others didn't know who Ivan was or when he was about. Ivan was master in all the magical arts and a top tier assassin and thief too boot. He actually mastered magic to improve his skill as an assassin, not that he had needed it. At least not against weak soft targets like humanoids, but to kill elder dragons and arch angels, powerful magic had to be employed. Naturally those weren't the only such creatures he had assassinated.

Still, Ivan took an interest in any members who showed they had true skill in that area and this Sulfurus did, he also took interest in the others who had gathered, these new members were strong, all stronger than normal new adventurers, impressive Ivan observed. He seen that one had notice the issue the girl with the demon blood was having, and specifically imbued power into it to quell a demons fiery blood. It'd instantly freeze a non demon or dragon to death in an instant as a result, a truly deadly scale if used in the wrong way. Even Ivan wouldn't touch it without using magic. In other words the scale was completely useless to Ivan. Then he saw that potential Sulfurus try to kill himself by grabbing it. Ivan was quicker to the draw and teleported a normal dragon scale in its place. Ivan did not want to see the man die. After which he teleported the real in powered dragon scale back so the girl would not notice, it was likely her demon blood would boil in that one if he had not done so. Better not to have issues. Naturally being an S class and having the experience to know what to do and not would ensure his victory. Brute strength would not win the day, this Sulfurus still had much to learn. He needed to learn how to take the time to assess his targets and which were truly out of his league or wasn't the type to take a direct approach to anyways.

Basically Deleted
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Basically Deleted » 02 Jun 2019, 22:52

Kyuro blushes immensely at Zya's statement. Up to this point he hadn't thought of Zya as a possible romantic companion. Teammate, yes but nothing further. He gazed at her with new interest and realized that Zya was quite attractive, a real hottie if was being honest with himself. He thought he might rather enjoy it if they became more than friends.

He blushes even more before replying, "I think I may have the hots for demons and you're very pretty.....I'd love to form a party with you. I hope we can at least become friends if not more."

About this time someone came up to them and asked them how their tests had gone thus far.

"They are too easy, " Kyuro grumbles irritated that his conversation with Zya had been interrupted. At that moment some other person threw a scale towards Zya out of nowhere saying it was important. Kyuro flapped his wings creating a gust of wind to blow the scale away so it wouldn't hit Zya just in case it was coated in poison or something. It flew by him and when he looked at the scale, he realized that it was clearly a dragon scale but it wasn't one of his, of that much he was certain.
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Rysiu

Achievements

Post by Rysiu » 03 Jun 2019, 11:33

Sulfurus was staring at the ceiling in silence waiting for anything to happen.
"There was no need for intervention as well as for stealth" - he said suddenly turning his head towards the entrance. "We had no Dragons on Azarai but I've learned a great deal about this part of the world before knocking to the guilds doors. Enough to learn theres at least three ways to avoid consequences of coming into contact with magic dragon scales, protective wear, magic or attunement. The threat is even lesser if we consider half-breeds" -Sulfurus took the glove off showing it to Blackheart - I chose the former option the material seems to have similar absorbtion properties to Astral of which our fortress' walls have been built, and it seems to be quite common around these parts. And as I said there's no point sneaking around, we're brothers in the shadows, you can turn completely invisible but as long as you stay corporal there'll be subtle disturbence in the air".

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 03 Jun 2019, 18:14

OOC: If didn’t make it clear, no one knows Blackheart is present or has the ability to do so. He’s an S rank which is far beyond the ability of any B+ rank which is the stated limit of all starting characters. Unless Blackheart makes his presence known, no one will know he’s there. At that time said protection can be presented to him.

Rysiu

Achievements

Post by Rysiu » 03 Jun 2019, 19:00

Ooc:
Ok gonna ammend the post later

sacred dragon
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by sacred dragon » 03 Jun 2019, 23:22

Tio watched Zya and the others talk and take the tests, normally she's pretty accepting but right now she just wants to kick ad punch and such the living crap out of the dummies, as she steps into the ring she says" Mixed ranged combat please and make them extra durable, I really feel like I need to let off some steam for some reason". Some black and white chi is slipping off of tio's body and her eyes now cold as ice, some odd looking semi angelic ruins started to come up her wrist and forearm she was going to enjoy this if her request was granted. in her mind' i've been trying so hard not to get this frustrated and show my darker nature but i'm sick of the bitching from Zya and Sulfurus disgusting tactics, As for the others they weren't bad but it's always good to hold back some of the skills so people can't exploit one as easily.
[size=-1]By Nethack[/size]

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 04 Jun 2019, 01:51

Zya noticed that Kyuro blushed, well that was nice Zya thought, he's just a boy. But it meant he was definitely interested, of course she had been the one to suggest it. On top of the blush his eyes had a look of yearning as he checked her out. Well, it seems he found her small petite type, his type, that was good, after all there were many men that preferred women who were taller and filled out and busty. Busty was something she'd never be, in this didn't actually bother her, it never had. Then Kyuro blushed again as he replied and stated he had the hots for her and he thought she was really cute. He agreed to form a party and said if it only worked out that they'd only be friends that would be cool, but Zya could tell he was lying. Maybe he didn't think he was, because those eyes told her they wouldn't settle for just friends. Zya was okay with this, it was nice that she could take pleasure in being a highly sought after object of desire. Normally she was always hot and little sweaty no matter what and it was uncomfortable, now she was a bit chilly, it felt highly unusual, but in all that she was still horny for this dragon. Then an elf started to approach.

As Adam approached and finally got in close proximity Zya's blood was trying to boil, she could feel the scale singing, waves of chill was washing her body. Her cursed demon blood was calling for her to kill Adam, he must be part celestial Zya figured. Why else was her blood be stirring, yes it felt like stirring now since the heat and ice was just mixing, she felt normal. He asked how the test was going. For once Zya wasn't terribly upset about the interruption, but she wasn't thinking about the guild test at all but testing out the scale. Before she could reply, for a moment she felt intense pain from her blood suddenly flaring up, but it was gone as quick as it hit. She realize the scale had vanished for a brief moment, and wondered how that had occurred or perhaps it had stop working? Though it seemed to be working fine now. Despite that tears had formed around her eyes, and her pain tolerance was exceptionally high. She hoped that wouldn't be the norm of how the Scale worked. Perhaps being around those with celestial blood in close approximately was too much for the scale to bare.

Zya turned to shove Adam away, to get the source of the pain away from her. However, Sulfurus yelled out at her before she could, not that Adam probably didn't notice a murderous vibe coming from her previously, calling her suicidal. Well, Zya thought, that was true. He tossed a dragon scale toward her way, saying it was important. How was that? She felt for hers and it was there, had he done something? Wait he could move in a way that allowed him unnatural speed and he was close enough when she felt the pain. It could've been, but she wasn't sure. She decided she'd blame Sulfurus anyways.

Kyuro created a gust of wind with his wings and caused the dragon scale to miss Zya. He was protecting her, Sulfurus had shown that he was adept at using poison and dark magic to cripple or kill his targets. Zya thought that was impressive, and shuddered at the pain she'd feel if something like that hit her. Knowing her stalwart constitution it'd just cause her agony for a couple weeks. Perhaps now though, there was a reason to endure such agony Zya thought. Then remembered Adam and what she was about to do to him. Instead Zya did something out of character, and she herself wondered what came over her. She turned toward Adam and bowed deeply toward him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be inhospitable," Zya apologized earnestly to Adam.
本好きの下剋上