Pokémon Go

The PokéManiacs is AL's resident clan for all you Pokémon Fans out there!
LordSchmee
Veteran Member
Japan

Achievements

Re: Pokémon Go

Post by LordSchmee » 22 May 2018, 05:05

H03nn89 wrote:Thanks [mention=104200]LordSchmee[/mention] - it took me a while but I got there. Mission complete. Oh nice. I'm trying to get the gold medals now. I've got the Fighting one now, thanks to the increase of fighting types, Steel is not far off, but Dragons I'm miles behind.

Now the Alola forms are coming to PoGo too!

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by H03nn89 » 22 May 2018, 16:37

It is indeed, I will get an announcement up for that- plus Ho-oh is back!

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by H03nn89 » 23 May 2018, 15:46

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51601[/ATTACH]

Sunny days are ahead! Whether your forecast calls for rain or shine, we’re celebrating all around the world by introducing some special Pokémon from the tropical Alola region to Pokémon GO. Get ready for some of the Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region to appear in their Alolan forms! These unique variants were first seen in the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon video games, and they will make their way to Pokémon GO in the coming weeks. Keep an eye out for news related to this exciting change—and don’t forget to tell your friends! Stay safe, and happy exploring!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51602[/ATTACH]

Get ready for a surprise: The Legendary Pokémon Ho-Oh will return to Raid Battles in Pokémon GO on May 19! A powerful Fire- and Flying-type Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region, the Rainbow Pokémon Ho-Oh will appear in Gyms across the globe alongside Latias and Latios, which will remain in their designated regions. Plus, if you’re fortunate, you might be able to encounter a Shiny Ho-Oh after you win the battle! You can challenge Ho-Oh until June 7 and seize the opportunity to add this Legendary Pokémon to your Pokédex. So, gather your strongest party to take on Ho-Oh before it returns to the skies!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51603[/ATTACH]

Next month's community day will focus on Larvitar! The day will be June 16th! Mark the calendars peeps, let's get a shiny Tyranitar!

LordSchmee
Veteran Member
Japan

Achievements

Post by LordSchmee » 25 May 2018, 04:07

Two shinies in the past week! Charmander and Omanyte. ^_^

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by H03nn89 » 25 May 2018, 19:18

Oh nice. I have a shiny Chamrander, plus a shiny Aron! Yay!

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by H03nn89 » 26 May 2018, 18:58

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51642[/ATTACH]

Trainers,

Adventurous new research is on tap during an exciting in-game celebration! Starting on May 24 at 1:00 P.M. PDT, unique Field Research will be available with some exciting rewards, including a Raid Battle appearance by Pokémon such as Aerodactyl.

Throughout the celebration, Rock-type Pokémon such as Geodude, Lileep, and Nosepass will appear more frequently in the wild. There are also incentives to trek around: your Buddy Pokémon will earn Candy 4× faster throughout the event! Plus, you’ll receive extra XP for spinning the Photo Discs at PokéStops or Gyms—up to 10 times the usual amount if this is your first time encountering a unique PokéStop or Gym!

Fortune favors the bold, Trainers, so join this adventure before it ends on June 5. Get up and GO!

Alola Forms Disclosed.

So, it looks like the forms coming to the game, have been disclosed, or should we say spoiled. Check out the below data, it looks like we will be getting these!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51643[/ATTACH]

See, I knew there was a reason why I kept all those Rattata candies! :lol: :lol:

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by H03nn89 » 31 May 2018, 19:55

Alolan Exeggutor has arrived! Well part of them have lol...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51693[/ATTACH]

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by H03nn89 » 03 Jun 2018, 17:40

New Info and Update!

POKEMON GO news this week includes a new Shiny Pokemon release, Articuno’s return and the Let’s Go Pikachu game for Switch.

You can now obtain a Shiny Absol launched as a reward in the latest Field Research tasks. The Dark-type has only been available through Raids up until this point, making it a great time to add it to your team. Apparently, it's part of the “Throw an Excellent Curveball” quest and will be available this week. And If you are really lucky, you may encounter it in the wild!

The new batch of Pokemon Go Field Research tasks are live and focus on Water-type Pokemon, plus, after completing a week worth of Research Breakthrough, you can now obtain the Legendary Articuno!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51835[/ATTACH]

How cool does that look?

Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee are being released in November 2018 on the popular handheld console.What makes them special is that they will be linked to Pokemon Go in some big ways. Pokemon Go trainers will be able to transfer Pocket Monsters they have caught in the Kanto region directly to the game.

Yay! Maybe I can finally complete my Kanto Pokedex!

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by H03nn89 » 07 Jul 2018, 19:14

Okay, haven't updated for a while, but let's get to the news!

Special raid Articuno live now!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52717[/ATTACH]

Articuno is a Legendary Level 5 Raid Bosses in Pokemon GO. This page details best Articuno raid counters and strategies used to defeat it. A Shiny Articuno is available from raids on Articuno Day, July 7th, and a minimum of 3-4 Trainers is required to defeat Articuno.

Articuno is an ICE and FLYING type Pokemon, with 37603 Boss CP and it can be caught with following perfect CPs:

1599 – 1676 CP (raid catch with no weather boost, level 20)
1999 – 2095 CP (raid catch with Snow or Windy weather boost, level 25)

Show us your Shiny Articuno's peeps!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52718[/ATTACH]

Trainers, the official Pokemon GO Japanese website has just announced that a special Japan-only event will take place from Thursday, July 26th to Sunday, July 29th! Titled Pokemon GO Special Weekend, the event features starter Pokemon and Unowns, in addition to several other in-game benefits.

Pokemon GO Special Weekend is an in-game event that requires a Weekend Participation ticket, which can be redeemed by an official partner. Tickets are available by making a purchase and answering a questionnaire at a partner exclusive Poke Stops (not gyms). Tickets feature a two-dimensional barcode that needs to be scanned.

The event is scheduled to be held from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily from 26th to 29th July. XP gains are doubled during the event and players have the opportunity to meet special Pokemon in Japan that will be appear more frequently than usual. Pokemon that can be encountered vary depending on the date of participation.
You can get tickets at special locations that are tied to Japan’s official Pokemon GO Partners (a purchase + answering a questionnaire is required in order to get a ticket):

Softbank from July 5
McDonald’s from July 11
TOHO Cinemas from July 13
Aeon from July 13
Joyful from July 15
Tully’s Coffee from July 24

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52719[/ATTACH]

Alolan Sandslash is now obtainable in Pokemon GO by hatching an Alolan Sandshrew from a 7k egg. Normal Sandslash lost its GROUND typing and gained a dual ICE and STEEL typing with this Alolan form. Not only did the typing change, but its appearance did as well, fitting the ICE look quiet nicely! Arguably one of the coolest looking Alolan Pokemon! Agreed wholeheartedly !

News obtained from Pokemon Go Hub.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 13 Jul 2018, 02:34

I got an alohan muk from an egg but I want a white vulpix Avg I got an alohan meowth

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 13 Jul 2018, 02:39

i have to admit, pokemon go really hooked me at first, but it was pretty disparaging when i learned my town only has one pokestop and one gym :(

small town life, i guess

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by H03nn89 » 13 Jul 2018, 18:58

Oh I know that feeling. There's like 2 poke stops in my village and that's it.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 13 Jul 2018, 19:39

ouch, we're both poke-starved

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by H03nn89 » 13 Jul 2018, 20:13

We are by the sounds of it. Nearest town s like 10 minutes away for me though, so not too bad.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 13 Jul 2018, 21:08

sorta the same for me, nearest is 10 minutes by car, but i think they've only got one or two as well

nearest city is like 30 minutes by car

i feel like the game is made for people who live in larger cities or who travel a lot :(

i can't just waste gas driving around for pokestops