Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Supernatural Anime

If it involves spirits, magical beings, monsters not of science, gods, angels, demons, or prophesies, it's a supernatural show. Not all are scary - some are just weird fun.

Like Inuyasha - a half-human demon who desires the Shikon jewel but finds himself falling for its protector, a powerful priestess named Kikyo. Deceived by Naraku, the two lovers are turned against each other - Inuyasha is pinned to a tree by a magical arrow and Kikyo dies, her last wish was to have the Shikon Jewel burned on the pyre with her. Only the jewel winds up inside her descendent, 500 years later - a young shrine maiden named Kagome. After falling down a well at the family shrine, she winds back in time to the Warring States, a target for all the demons who desire the jewel. When the jewel is shattered and the pieces scattered, it's up to her and Inuyasha to gather all the pieces.

It's mystery and a romantic comedy. Gotta love that.

So, what supernatural anime/manga do you enjoy and why?

Feels good man

Amused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: Supernatural Anime

Obligatory Blood the Last Vampire and Hellsing mention.

For some reason, I'm really partial to Vampires. Sadly many anime that deal with them are pretty bad. I've recently discovered Trinity Blood which looks interesting.

Oh and not vampire related, but this manga, holy fucking shit, this manga is gold ( and its probably really known round these parts)

http://www.mangareader.net/546/wolf-...o-monshou.html

Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLight View Post
      Obligatory Blood the Last Vampire and Hellsing mention.

For some reason, I'm really partial to Vampires. Sadly many anime that deal with them are pretty bad. I've recently discovered Trinity Blood which looks interesting.

Oh and not vampire related, but this manga, holy fucking shit, this manga is gold ( and its probably really known round these parts)

http://www.mangareader.net/546/wolf-...o-monshou.html
      I liked Trinity Blood - a post-apocalyptic world that's recovering, but from that destruction emerges the vampires. And then there's Able Nightroad, traveling priest for the Vatican, trying to walk a very difficult road between both worlds, all the while hiding his own secret. Interesting architecture and characters, I like how they present it all.

Misanthropy
      Maybe I'm a lion

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Personally I like Chrono Crusade above the other supernatural anime that I have. The ending is sad but also makes you happy, the journey throughout the anime is really funny at times but really serious at others. I think it's the perfect balance and the perfect ending. An intriguing story to say the least. You get attached to the characters like Joshua, who you feel kind of sorry for, then Chrono with his tragic past, and Rosette with her cheerfulness and recklessness. And quick temper too.
      Empty -by- Andy LaPlegua of Combichrist (DmC: Devil May Cry - Vergil's Theme) -- Say nothing... Empty promises... Wreckage... Unforgiven... For all... FOR THEIR EYES! FOR THEIR EYES! KILL! ME! SPARE! ME! KILL! ME! FEAR! ME! I'm so sick of this... Swinging the hammer... Seeing too much... I don't think I'll... Get through... Empty... LIE TO ME! LIE TO ME! KILL! ME! SPARE! ME! KILL! ME! FEAR! ME! So far gone... Harvest the bad dreams... Bury them... KILL! ME! SPARE! ME! KILL! ME! FEAR! ME!

Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

This is just too close to Beex's topic so this thread is closing.

-Ex

Thread Information