• Wtf
  • zzzz

Gamin comp almost complete...

Amused

Country
      blank
      AL Points

[CA] Tutorial Smooth Animation Layers - Photoshop CS3

I decided to make a simple tutorial Explaining how to create smoothly animated layers for things such as rain. In this tutorial i make a simple example of something like a sonar view or whatever you think it looks like, with the ground moving within a certain view.

Smooth Animation Layers - Photoshop CS3
      I started out with just a back ground with a circular gradient, and a top layer that was created at 4x the height of the banner, with just rendered clouds, and the layer set to lighten.

Align the layer that you are moving with with the bottom of the banner. In our example this is the layer created taller than the rest of the banner.

As you can see, the rest of the layer is still hidden outside of the view.

Next, open the animation window. Created a second frame, set the time for the first frame to how low you want the animation to last, and make sure the second is at "No Delay". For the second frame, align the top of the layer with the the top of the banner.

After this is done, press this icon in the bottom left of the animation window to convert the animation to a timeline.
      In the animation window, expand the section for your animated layer, and you should see on the position line to squares. Right click each and select Linear Interpolation.

After this has been done, you can add other things onto the animation timeline, or just Save for Web & Devices... as the final gif if it's the only animation you want, like in this example.

Here is the the finished example(although I inverted it as an afterthought, to create a better looking effect).

Of course, there is more you could do such as making it look like it is moving forever instead of skipping at the end, or make it better practically any way. I hope this helps though.
      Last edited by _Phi_; 06-12-2014 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Removed redundant code/styling errors
      "In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded."

Re: [Tutorial] Smooth Animation Layers - Photoshop CS3

Thanks for uploading this tutorial.

The images were too big (they need to be 800pixels or less) and so were changed to links.

Re: [Tutorial] Smooth Animation Layers - Photoshop CS3

Thanks for the Tutorial =D

this is the only Animation Tutorial that i actually Understood (Properly)

Thread Information