• zzzz

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Accel World [AD/S -Advocate Title/Spoilers]

Welcome to the third of series of threads commanded by your resident Anime and Manga Assistant, Raiji Magiwind. This thread is one of the series I have opted to Advocate for the Spring 2012 season, as part of the "Anime Advocates" part of the A&M Assistant Scheme.

This title I watch via Viz's Anime Site.
      Viz Page: http://www.vizanime.com/accel-world

The third one up of the Spring 2012 season I have advocated is the series "Accel World" also known as Axel World or Accelerated World; Japenese- アクセル・ワールド. The series is an anime based off a series of novels of the title, Accel World and Accel World / Dural: Magisa Garden. It also has a Alternate side that shares the same title as the fist. It is written Kawahara Reki, though the alt world manga has art by Aigamo Hiroyuki and art fo rhte sequel by Sasakura Ayato. It is currently planned to air for about 24 episodes. Sunrise is the ones taking this show under its reigns, with no current English licencor at this time, though Viz Media is hosting the legal stream at this time.

Series Synopsis: --From MyAnimeList
      One autumn day in 2046, Haruyuki has an encounter with Kuroyukihime, the prettiest girl in his school. For the middle school boy who is often bullied, the meeting changes his life. Through a mysterious piece of software from her, Haruyuki learns of the existence of the virtual Accel World. In that moment, the lowest of the "school caste" becomes "Burst Linker", a knight defending a princess.
      Episode 1 Summary: (Air Date 4-5-2012)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 1
      "Acceleration"
      Arita Haruyuki. A young boy whose chubby appearance and shy disposition makes him a constant target for school bullying. Ashamed of his miserable life, Haruyuki can only cope by indulging in virtual games.
      Personal Thoughts:
      Well I think I can say I found the bizarre title of the season. In the first episode we meet Haruyuki, this chubby short kid who's basically bullied. It also seems everyone wears these ring like devices which appear to be personal computers/virtual networks/neural interface devices. He meets with the Student Vice President during lunch where she introduces him the Accelerated World. It was a interesting first episode, but I can say this, I have a feeling this series will be one of titles that leaves you scratching your head and wondering what the heck is actually going on....

-------------
      So feel free to come in and discuss, ask questions, post favorite images (links preferred for larger images please) and so on. Each week, I myself will add my review and thoughts for the recent episode and at the end I will post a final review and overall score for the series itself. In between though feel free to share your own thoughts and discussion on the series.

**Please be aware the synopsis for each episode is the official synopsis quoted from the site I watch the series on, with the overview of the series synopsis quoted from ANN or MyAnimeList. Personal versions of the synopsis will be listed below before the Personal Thoughts when I come up with one for each, and will supplement the official synopsis.

Also please keep in mind, that we try to aim to watch these titles via legal streaming sites (when possible) such as Crunchy, Viz, Nico Nico (English Beta site) or Funimation, among others, so we may follow there release schedule for the legal releases of the stream when we can. So please be patient if you for some reason see them out before elsewhere. e as Advocates will add the newest synopsis when they are released via our choice sites release schedule or within a few days after, dependent on if we are not exhausted from jobs, uni/collage or other real life obligations.

Meanwhile please keep your eyes open for the other Anime Advocated titles of the (Insert season) by your A&M Assistant, (Your AL name). The other titles under my Advocation for Sprind 2012 season are are:
      Medaka Box
      Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Jigoku Hen --Just waiting for Funimation to begin official LEGAL simulcasting...
      Zetman
      Hiiro No Kakera
      Last edited by Raiji Magiwind; 04-13-2012 at 11:33 PM.

The Alchemist's Whimsical Journal || The Alchemist's Experimentation: AL CA Journal

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Re: Accel World [AD/S -Advocate Title/Spoilers]

Episode 2 Summary: (Air Date 4-12-2012)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 2
      "Transformation"
      Haruyuki, now a Burst-Linker, suddenly finds himself thrown into a deadly match against a vicious biker named Ash Roller. Haruyuki is unable to grasp the situation and is quickly defeated.
      Personal Thoughts:
      We learn a little more about Brain Burst and what it is. Haruyuki rematches Ash Roller, who defeated him earlier, and this time comes out victorious. Still the series is interesting so far, though I do look forward to seeing where it goes...

The Alchemist's Whimsical Journal || The Alchemist's Experimentation: AL CA Journal

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 3 Summary: (Air Date 4-19-2012)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 3
      "Investigation"
      A Duel Avatar called Cyan Pile is seeking to challenge Kuroyukihime in battle within Accel World.
      Personal Thoughts:
      Haruyuki helps with beginning to investigate who the person behind the avatar Cyan Pile is. Now he investigates someone who he has known for years, and they may have a secret all there own...
      I sort of am curious to see who ends up being the person in question.

Should I go for the anime or the manga?

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Well the manga likely covers more and it detail, though the anime for any series can be fun to watch sometimes...I usually always read the manga, if applicable as I watch the anime, as then I get the whole story...

Supreme Button!

Innocent

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I totally forgot that I'd already read some of the manga to this when I read the description for the anime a couple of months ago. So that was a surprise. I shall be watching this though, as I quite like the setting and didn't get too far in the manga.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 4 Summary: (Air Date 4-26-2012)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 4
      "Declaration"
      Haruyuki suspects that Cyan Pile is challenging Kuroyukihime within Accel World via access through Chiyuri’s neuro-linker.
      Personal Thoughts:
      Things are seeming to get interesting as Kuroyukihime ends up in the hospital after getting hit by a car protecting Haruyuki. Now the battle commences as the one who is Cyan Pile seems to come to try and take advantage of the weakened Kuroyukihime. Will Haruyuki be able to win this battle? Not sure, but next week should be interesting.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 5 Summary: (Air Date 5-3-2012)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 5
      "Aviation"
      The identity of Cyan Pile is revealed to be one of Haruyuki’s closest peers, who has been consumed by the power to accelerate.
      Personal Thoughts:
      things are beginning to get a little interesting as Haru gains wings and becomes the first Burst Linker to fly. We also see Kuro's true form for the first time, and the declaration of 'war' is made.

Episode 6 Summary: (Air Date 5-10-2012)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 6
      "Retribution"
      The battle between Silver Crow and Cyan Pile ends with Silver Crow’s victory. Having reconciled with Takumu, Haruyuki now focuses on training to level up in Accel World.
      Personal Thoughts:
      Haru works towards getting stronger, and with some help seeks the help of the one people refer to as the Bodyguard, who apparently helps low level players in danger due to low points. In order to work at regaining some lost points so he can stay in the game. Meanwhile, it seems Takemu is interested in still having a match with Kuro in some form.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 7 Summary: (Air Date 5-18-2012)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 7
      "Restoration"
      Haruyuki hires a bouncer known as Aqua Current to guard him until he can regain his lost Burst Points.
      Personal Thoughts:
      More interesting things happen. Haru regains some points and Taku works towards redemption. When I first started to watch this, it was one of those ones I wondered if I would continue to watch it to the end, cause it was one of those odd types. Still a bit odd, but slowly becoming interesting.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 8 Summary: (Air Date 5-24-2012)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 8
      "Temptation"
      Haruyuki comes home one day to find a cute young girl greeting him with a smile.
      Personal Thoughts:
      Things are getting interesting as the Red King decides to infiltrate themselves into Haru's life. He manages to survive a battle but what will happen next....>>

Episode 9 Summary: (Air Date 6-1-2012)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 9
      "Escalation"
      Haruyuki’s little guest is revealed as Scarlet Rain, a.k.a. the Red King.
      Personal Thoughts:
      Red King explains why they are there and the group decides to offer to help, but what will be the price in the end?
      Last edited by Raiji Magiwind; 06-11-2012 at 04:14 PM.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

So apparently the simulcast and airing of the 10th episode of Accel World is set for next week. I guess some shows have been preempted or pushed back a week due to the broadcasting of the World Soccer games...so Accel shall be back next week...

Read the official Press blog from Viz Media here: http://www.vizanime.com/news/214-acc...ccel-world#214

Thread Information