• Sad
  • Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

mcm may cant wait <3 cosplays shall be epic.

Shy

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Guilty Crown

Anyone seen this new anime ? im sooo loving the soundtrack from it, and first episode is pretty cool so far.
      Opening song and near end song (not the ending which is meh)= amazinggggg

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/en...e.php?id=13001

Re: Guilty Crown

I'm really loving it so far. I'm a huge fan of most IG works and this one is getting off to a great start. The sound track and 10bit are great and it has a pretty cool premise. I'm just hoping the characters aren't shallow or too stereotypical, but I like where it's headed so far. The setting reminds me a little of a cross betweeing No. 6 and Code Geass, in terms of the repressed society and intervetion by foreigners. Can't wait to see the second episode!

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Guilty Crown [MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS]

Welcome to the third of a set of threads commanded by your resident Anime and Manga Assistant, Raiji. This thread is one of the several series I have opted to Advocate for the Fall 2011 season, as part of the "Anime Advocates" area of the A&M Assistant Scheme.

This title I watch via either Nico Nico's website or via Funimation.
      Nico Nico Page: http://ch.niconico.com/channel/ch60156
      Funimation Page: http://www.funimation.com/guilty-crown

The third one up of the Fall 2011 season I have advocated is the series "Guilty Crown"; Japenese- ギルティクラウン. The series is an anime based off a manga of the same title by Mizuki, Shion (Art) and Miyagi, Yousuke (Story). It is currently planned to air for approximately 22 episodes. Production I.G> is the ones taking this show under its reigns, with FUnimation it appears to have the main lisence rights and is one of hte two sources simulicasting the series.

Series Synopsis: --From MyAnimeList
      The story takes place in Tokyo in 2039. After the outbreak of the unidentified virus "Lost Christmas" in 2029, Japan has been under the control of a multinational organization called GHQ. Ouma Shu is a 17-year-old boy who has a psychic power in his right hand. He can use the power "Ability of King" to extract tools or weapons from his friends. He has been avoiding making trouble for others but his life changes when he meets a girl named Yuzuriha Inori, a member of a resistance guerrilla group called "Undertaker", whose members pilot mecha weapons to fight against the government.

--From Nico Nico
      In the near future, a meteorite carrying a foreign virus crashes in Japan, leading to a devastating nation-wide infection and total anarchy. Several years later, Shu-a teen with a special ability awakened by the Apocalypse Virus-meets a strange girl who incites him to join the struggle against a government organization's robotic forces and a secret society whose goal remains shrouded in mystery.
      As since I started this one in a week late, you all get a double header with the first two episodes covered in the opening post.

Episode 1 Summary: (Air Date 10-13-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 1
      "Genesis" (Outbreak)
      Shu enters his hideout for a quiet lunch only to find Inori, his #1 musical crush, bleeding on the floor. After he fails to stop her pursuers from hurting her more, his one shot at self-respect is to deliver a strange vial she stole to her terrorist pals.
      Personal Thoughts:
      First episode was quite interesting. The music, the animation are quite nice and the story so far seems interesting enough to be worth keeping in the rotation for the season. The main character has his hands full me thinks. Fortunatly I got kinda used to the whole hand dissappearing into a persons bosom thanks to Dantalian...>>

Episode 2 Summary: (Air Date 10-21-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 2
      "Survival of the Fittest" (The Fit)
      Now that Shu has the king’s power, he doesn’t get to sit on the sidelines anymore. Gai thrusts him straight into the thick of a battle between Funeral Parlor and the Anti Bodies--and the lives of over 100 hostages are on the line.
      Personal Thoughts:
      Continuing to be an interesting series thus far, and I am looking forward to seeing where it goes as the show progresses. The character seems a bit down to earth at least so far, but it should be interesting to see what happens to them over time and with each battle they get involved in. How will it change him as the story progresses? Only time will tell...

-------------

So feel free to come in and discuss, ask questions, post favorite images (links preferred for larger images please) and so on. Each week, I myself will add my review and thoughts for the recent episode and at the end I will post a final review and overall score for the series itself. In between though feel free to share your own thoughts and discussion on the series.
      **Please be aware the synopsis for each episode is the official synopsis quoted from the site I watch the series on, with the overview of the series synopsis quoted from ANN or MyAnimeList. Personal versions of the synopsis will be listed below before the Personal Thoughts when I come up with one for each, and will supplement the official synopsis.

Also please keep in mind, that I try to aim to watch these titles via legal streaming sites such as Crunchy, Viz, Nico Nico (English Beta site) or Funimation, among others, so I follow there release schedule for the legal releases of the stream when I can. So please be patient if you for some reason see them out before elsewhere. I will add my newest synopsis when they are released via my choice sites release schedule or within a few days after, dependent on if I'm not exhausted from work, or away at a convention.

Meanwhile please keep your eyes open for the other Anime Advocated titles of the Fall 2011 season by your A&M Assistant, Raiji. The other titles under my Advocation for Fall 2011 are:
      Persona 4: The Animation
      Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi 2
      C3 (Already started, Seeking reliable stream)
      Last edited by Raiji Magiwind; 12-02-2011 at 03:15 AM.

The Alchemist's Whimsical Journal || The Alchemist's Experimentation: AL CA Journal

mcm may cant wait <3 cosplays shall be epic.

Shy

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: Guilty Crown [MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS]

Already did topic asking who seen this anime, its a awesome anime with really good soundtrack/ost <3
      Thanks for the info/episode guide though

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Well its the series I am advocating for the Fall season, so of course I will have something going on....

The Alchemist's Whimsical Journal || The Alchemist's Experimentation: AL CA Journal

Indigenous Spirit

Amused

Country
      Portugal
      AL Points

I am currently watching the anime, I must say that the story is going in a interesting way so far. And I have to agree, the way the first episode started (by the song "Euterpe" by the band Egoist) was very catching in my opinion.
      I cant wait to see how the anime is going to end.

:: ALJournals Scheme :: Entrance Hall ::My Journal:: The Freelancers Clan - Sign Up ::

Who writes a book, builds a castle.
      Who reads it, dwells in it.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Bad Raiji for getting behind...I blame worksies and NaNo for me neglecting this one....(and sort of forgetting to check Nico for the new episode...><),

so you is about to get vomited a sort of mass post covering episodes 3-8....

I will post the base part of each Episode, but do one sorta large Personal Thoughts....

Episode 3 Summary: (Air Date 10-27-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 3
      "Void-Sampling" (Phanerosis)
      Inori’s everywhere Shu goes for some reason, and it’s starting to fry his brain. But there’s no time to worry about it, because it turns out one of Shu’s
      classmates witnessed their terrorist action in Roppongi, and Gai’s put him in charge of the problem.
      Episode 4 Summary: (Air Date 11-3-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 4
      "Flux" (Indecision)
      Shu learns confusing things about Funeral Parlor’s agenda in GHQ custody, and it doesn’t help that Gai refuses to answer any questions--or that he
      breaks into GHQ to rescue not Shu, but a known murderer. Without any straight answers, who can Shu trust?
      Episode 5 Summary: (Air Date 11-10-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 5
      "A Preparation" (Training)
      Gai's come up with a new mission, but before Shu can officially join the team, he has to show that he measures up by winning a mock battle against
      Ayase's Endlave. Time for basic training! But can Shu concentrate on combat after Inori turns him down?
      Episode 6 Summary: (Air Date 11-17-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 6
      "Leukocytes" (Cage)
      A change in circumstances forces Funeral Parlor to carry out their attack against the Leucocyte with drastically reduced manpower, and that's
      BEFORE Shu pulls out of the mission. Still, learning a few new things about Gai just might change his mind.
      Episode 7 Summary: (Air Date 11-24-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 7
      "Temptation" (Round Dance)
      Shu's mother finally comes home, only to find her son living with a girl and an underwear-transporting robot. Elsewhere, a key strategic asset for
      Funeral Parlor is being targeted by a missile-happy American who's just joined GHQ.
      Episode 8 Summary: (Air Date 12-1-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 8
      "Courtship Behavior" (Hot Summer Day)
      Gai sends Shu on a mission to Oshima, where he hopes to find "the rock that started it all." Shu's whole school club gets a free vacation as his cover,
      but using other people for his own ends still doesn't sit well with him.
      Personal Thoughts:
      Episode 3: This episode was interesting. Inori joins Shu's class which leads him to confusion at first. It was an interesting episode. Also Shu gets his
      first taste it seemed of betrayal by someone he thought to be a friend...

Episode 4: Shu ends up imprisioned for a short while, but Gai uses the whole scenario as a opportunity to break out another member of Funeral
      Parlor whos already in GHQ custody. Shu also seems to learn a little more about the Apocolypse Virus as well.

Episode 5: Another interesting episode. Shu apparently finally finds acceptance among the members of Funeral Parlor, but the end is met with a possible tragedy for the group as the location there leader was last seen at was struck by the enemy.

Episode 6: An attack against a major facility doesn't go fully as planned, but in the end, they end up having to save the people before a satellite crashes to Earth.

Episode 7: This round, they deal with a slightly crazy American for GHQ, and poor Shu has to try to defend the ship they are on, especially since one of the guests as te party on board is his mom.

Episode 8: Things are getting interesting as they go for the very rock that started the whole incident many years before, but someone else seems to beat them too it. From what I can figure they must have known or been friends with Shu's late father who happened to be one ofhte foremost scientists on knowledge of the Apocolypse Virus, before he died.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Perhaps merging this with the one above it might be apt? I am Advocating this series for the fall season, so there is ample room for all to join me in its discussion...All in all, its a good series so far.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 9 Summary: (Air Date 12-8-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 9
      "Prey" (Predation)
      Yahiro reappears with Jun, who's in Stage V Apocalypse disease and can no longer battle the cancer. With Gai out of town, Shu's left to make a command decision. But he AND the enemy are about to learn the virus doesn't work the way they think it does...
      Personal Thoughts:
      This episode was interesting. It seems we are learning a bit more about the Virus, and the fact it doesn't always go with the way those who have been studying think it will go. Shu has to make a difficult decision which I think will defiantly affect I think his and Yahiro's future friendship in a deep way. I do kinda wish there where some form of previews, but at the same time, I think it heightens the suspense, cause you are not sure what will happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiji Magiwind View Post
      Perhaps merging this with the one above it might be apt? I am Advocating this series for the fall season, so there is ample room for all to join me in its discussion...All in all, its a good series so far.
      I did merge the thread, but it appears I can't re-arrange posts, they happen in Chronological order.
      If you want I can split your posts back out into a new thread where you have first post, or you can continue to post your updates in here, your call. Or I can do title editing etc.
      - This is the greatest signature in existence -

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitris View Post
      I did merge the thread, but it appears I can't re-arrange posts, they happen in Chronological order.
      If you want I can split your posts back out into a new thread where you have first post, or you can continue to post your updates in here, your call. Or I can do title editing etc.
      This is fine for now... if I decide to have it changed later...I'll come poke you...

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 10 Summary: (Air Date 12-15-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 10
      "Retraction" (Degeneration)
      Shu's having horrible flashbacks, both to images of his battle with Jun and to other, even more upsetting images that soon have him quitting Funeral Parlor and alienating the people in his life.
      Personal Thoughts:
      Things are getting interesting as it seems the true powers out to take control have finally shown themselves if you will. Add to this the fact Shu seems to be having something akin a mental breakdown it seems, though this could also be tied into the whole thing involving Lost Christmas and such as well...

**Notes: For the confused, this thread and the other small thread that existed where merged earlier this week. The initial data on this thread is now with the third post of so, as it merges the stuff in chronological order...

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 11 Summary: (Air Date 12-22-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 11
      "Resonance" (Sympathetic Vibration)
      GHQ is awash in blood, chaos and song. As the Cancer sweeps over Tokyo, Shu faces the truth about friendship and the consequences of inaction.
      Personal Thoughts:
      Another interesting episode. It seems Shu regains some resolve and manages to find his way back to Inori...he is met with a challenger and another who appears to also use the Void ability. They also take Inori from Shu, so now I am kinda interested to see what happens next....

Banned
      deleted for obvious reasons

Angry

AL Points

i downloaded the first episode but i haven't gotten into it because a lot of people whose opinions i don't trust are really really into it

speedlolita

It's alright, nothing brilliant though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information