• zzzz

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi [Season 2- MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS]

Welcome to the second of a set of threads commanded by your resident Anime and Manga Assistant, Raiji. This thread is one of the several series I have opted to Advocate for the Fall 2011 season, as part of the "Anime Advocates" area of the A&M Assistant Scheme. This sereis is a continuation of the a series I advocated in the Spring. It is the shows second season.
      You can read the thread for season 1 here: http://www.animeleague.net/forum/sho...tain-Spoilers)
      My Final Review for Season 1: http://www.animeleague.net/forum/sho...=1#post2078852

This title I watch via Crunchyroll website.
      Crunchyroll Page: http://www.crunchyroll.com/sekai-ich...est-first-love
      You can like find this likely after a few hours or days on stuff like animeseason or other streaming sites. From what I can see though, Anime Network has dibs on legal streaming rights.
      The second season shares the same page and continues from where first season left off. Second seasons episodes here start with episode "13".

The second one up of the Fall 2011 season I have advocated is the series "Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi 2" (aka Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi season 2). Also written as Sekaiichi Hatsukoi 2; Japenese- 世界一初恋 2. The series is an anime based off a boys love (Yes folks, YAOI) manga of the same title and a spin off of the boys love title "Junjou Romantica", both by the same author. It is currently planned to air for approximately 12 episodes. Studio Deen is the ones taking this show under its reigns.

Series Synopsis: --From MyAnimeList
      --Copied from First Season-- Onodera Ritsu has just transferred from his father's publishing company to Marukawa Shoten. Assigned to the shoujo manga division, he crosses path with the person he'd least expected to meet. Takano Masamune is the editor-in-chief of the division Ritsu's been assigned to, and the two seem get off on the wrong foot right from the very start when Takano unexpectedly kisses him. However, there is more to than what meets the eye: Takano is actually Saga, Ritsu's senpai and high school love, whom Ritsu had thought to have played him for a fool by taking his affections for granted when he confessed and summarily dumped him.

Episode 1 Summary: (Air Date 10-7-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 1
      "A good beginning makes a good ending. "
      Onodera has been made program director of a magazine. While begging for manuscripts, he has to deal with the constant teasing from Takano and the bad vibes from Yokozawa

Personal Thoughts:
      Onodera is still fearful of admitting his feelings, but it seems that Takano is quite persistent, so I have a feeling it only a matter of time...

-------------

So feel free to come in and discuss, ask questions, post favorite images (links preferred for larger images please) and so on. Each week, I myself will add my review and thoughts for the recent episode and at the end I will post a final review and overall score for the series itself. In between though feel free to share your own thoughts and discussion on the series.
      **Please be aware the synopsis for each episode is the official synopsis quoted from the site I watch the series on, with the overview of the series synopsis quoted from ANN or MyAnimeList. Personal versions of the synopsis will be listed below before the Personal Thoughts when I come up with one for each, and will supplement the official synopsis.

Also please keep in mind, that I try to aim to watch these titles via legal streaming sites such as Crunchy, Viz, Nico Nico (English Beta site) or Funimation, among others, so I follow there release schedule for the legal releases of the stream when I can. So please be patient if you for some reason see them out before elsewhere. I will add my newest synopsis when they are released via my choice sites release schedule or within a few days after, dependent on if I'm not exhausted from work, or away at a convention.

Meanwhile please keep your eyes open for the other Anime Advocated titles of the Fall 2011 season by your A&M Assistant, Raiji. The other titles under my Advocation for Fall 2011 are:
      Persona 4: The Animation
      C3 (Already started, Seeking reliable stream)
      Guilty Crown
      Last edited by Raiji Magiwind; 10-24-2011 at 01:00 AM.

The Alchemist's Whimsical Journal || The Alchemist's Experimentation: AL CA Journal

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Re: Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi [Season 2- MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS]

Episode 2 Summary: (Air Date 10-14-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 2
      "[B“One cannot love and be wise"[/B]
      It's Christmas time and the crunch to produce the magazine is high. When Onodera finally gets to relax, an unexpected person asks him if he has Christmas plans and drops two bombshells on him.

Personal Thoughts:
      I think Onodera is slowly warming up, but at the same time I really want to like come up behind him and smack him with a manga. Its like for the love of God, just admit you love the guy already. We know your in love with him, so just say so already....><...I'm kinda hoping he finally cracks and says it soon...

The Alchemist's Whimsical Journal || The Alchemist's Experimentation: AL CA Journal

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 3 Summary: (Air Date 10-21-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 3
      “Lingering love breeds mistake. ”
      The triangle between Yoshino, Tori, and Yuu is coming to the tipping point. Who will be the first to speak their heart?.

Personal Thoughts:
      This episode covered the triangle between Yoshino, Tori and Yuu, with Yoshino beginning to crack. He seems unsure who he wants to be in love with as he seems to like the both of them in certain ways. I guess we shall see where it leads.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 4 Summary: (Air Date 10-28-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 4
      “Delay in love is dangerous”
      Yoshino and Tori make a date, but Tori cancels at the last minute. Later Yoshino sees Tori with his old high school girlfriend. An infuriated Yoshino turns to Yuu for comfort.

Personal Thoughts:
      This episode brought eh seemingly end tot eh possible triangle between Yoshino, Tori and Yuu, with Yoshino choosing Tori at the end. Now it should be kind of interesting to see where there relationship ends up going in time...

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 5 Summary: (Air Date 11-4-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 5
      “Follow love and it will flee thee, flee love and it will follow thee.”
      While trying to deal with the stress at work, Onodera gets an unexpected phone call and visit that causes a riff between him and Takano.

Personal Thoughts:
      So it looks like Onedera finally cracked and said his feelings to Takano. I am kinda looking forward to seeing where it leads now, as I am looking forward to where the other relationships going on end up.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 6 Summary: (Air Date 11-11-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 6
      “Love is without reason.”

Can Ryuuichiro and Asahina see pass their roles as boss and personal assistant to the attraction they feel for each other, or will Ryuuichiro jealousy ruin everything?
      Personal Thoughts:
      It looks like another duo finally figured out there feelings for each other to a point. But now what about the one other couple, then from there, how there relationships as a who le all connect. Only time will tell...
      Last edited by Raiji Magiwind; 11-22-2011 at 05:18 AM.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 7 Summary: (Air Date 11-18-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 7
      “Actions speak louder than words”
      Tonight is the company annual New Year’s Party and Onodera has to learn how to navigate the crowd of publishers, editors, and authors. But a surprise phone call from his mother might change the entire evening.
      Personal Thoughts:
      Onedera seems to have mostly figured out where his heart lies, yet at the same time, he still seems adamant against sorta just going with his feelings and pursuing his heart.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 8 Summary: (Air Date 11-25-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 8
      “Love and envy make a man pine”
      Kisa is starting to feel unsure about his relationship with Yukina. They do not get to spend much time together and Yukina doesn’t seem to mind. Can Kisa juggle his professional and personal life…?
      Personal Thoughts:
      It seems there trouble in the relationship between Kisa and Yukina. I am curious to see where this particular pairing goes in the future. Will Kisa and Yukina make up or will there love fall apart? It should be interesting to see what ends up happening...

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 9 Summary: (Air Date 12-2-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 9
      “Love is blind”
      Kisa just wants to end things with Yukina but doesn’t know how to do it. At a moment of weakness Kisa agreed to go on date with a guy he met a while ago. But when he arrives, Yukina appears demanding answers.
      Personal Thoughts:
      It appears that the relationship between Kisa and Yukina has been mended for now, but it should be interesting see what happens in the future, Next weeks previews look as if it will be going back to our teo main boys, so it should be interesting to say the least...

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 10 Summary: (Air Date 12-9-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 10
      “Love goes never without fear”
      Takano wants Onodera to admit his feelings, but before he can Takano gets sick. When Onodera tries to visits, he is stopped by Yokozawa. A heated exchanged happens, leaving Onodera saying things he might regret…
      Personal Thoughts:
      A small fight leads to possible trouble between Onedera and Takano's relationship. After saying several thinks during a heated argument in the hall with Yokozawa, Onedera questions himself and the relationship with Takano as well as his own true feelings for Takano, which appears to be affecting him heavily, since he starts spacing out at work, since his mind is on Takano and where his feelings really lie. I am curious to see if they patch things up or not.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 11 Summary: (Air Date 12-16-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 11
      “Love makes the world go round”
      Takano and Onodera share a moment in the rain and talk about their time in school. A few startling truths are revealed that may change their opinion about each other.
      Personal Thoughts:
      Well it seems Onodera has finally admitted his feelings for Takano and things can finally move forward with the two of them. I was beginning to wonder if he would ever finally figure things out and commit to his heart...Now to see what the final episode next week brings to round out this series and its second season.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 12 Summary: (Air Date 12-23-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 12 -FINAL EPISODE
      “Love is bitter-sweet”
      Takano remembers his time in high school. Dealing with his parents’ divorce, deciding on which college to attend, and a young Onodera who just confessed his love to a shocked.
      Personal Thoughts:
      And with this episode the second season of Sekai Ichi ends. It seems this season was a bit better as there was a bit more resolution to many of the characters this time. It was nice to see each pair end up following there heart and for the main couple to finally more or less express there feelings if you will. It was nice to sort of see in this episode more about what drew the two together in the first place.

--------

-------------------------
      ADVOCATE FINAL REVIEW FOR SEKAI ICHI HATSUKOI S2
      By Raiji Magiwind

Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi 2
      Original Story/Plot- Fujisaki Miyako | Art- Nakamura Shungiku | Originally Serialized in CIEL | Anime Adaptation by Studio Deen
      Genres: Comedy, Romance, Shounen Ai (or as I call it Yaoi Light...all fluff no sex, though hints to it)

Overall Synopsis of Series
      Quoted from MyAnimeList
      Onodera Ritsu has just transferred from his father's publishing company to Marukawa Shoten. Assigned to the shoujo manga division, he crosses path with the person he'd least expected to meet. Takano Masamune is the editor-in-chief of the division Ritsu's been assigned to, and the two seem get off on the wrong foot right from the very start when Takano unexpectedly kisses him. However, there is more to than what meets the eye: Takano is actually Saga, Ritsu's senpai and high school love, whom Ritsu had thought to have played him for a fool by taking his affections for granted when he confessed and summarily dumped him.
      Plot/Story
      Pretty much Sekai Ichi 2 continues off from where season one left us as the three main duos continue to expand and develop there relationships further...

Total Stars: 4.75 of 5
      This season was a bit better then season one though it still felt too short. At least in this season we got a bit more story and good bit of development of the characters, including some possible major advancement of the main duo, Ritsu and Takano.

Characters

--Yoshiyuki Hatori--
      Hatori, also known as Tori, is 28 years old and an editor in the Emerald department. Although in the beginning he is serious and reserved, we later learn that he has harbored both deep and secret feelings for his childhood friend Chiaki. After kissing him and confessing his love, Hatori pulls away fearing that Chiaki doesn't feel the same, but instead loves his rival, Yanase. Although Chiaki does somewhat have the same feelings, unbeknownst to Tori.

--Shouta Kisa--
      Kisa is a fellow editor in the Emerald department, and because of his "baby face" he is mistaken for being much younger than his true age of 30. He's never been in a serious relationship and doesn't think himself capable of being in one because of his tendency to fall in love for only good looks without knowing a guy's personality. Because of this, he immediately questions his feelings for Kou and doesn't hold out much hope for a relationship with him. His mentality can be described by his line: "love at first sight works well enough in a manga, but this is reality."

--Ritsu Onodera--
      Ritsu is a 25-year-old jaded literary editor. He is the only son of the head of Onodera Publication and previously worked at his father's company in the literature department. Hearing his fellow co-workers accusing him of taking hand-outs from his father, he decides to show that he can be successful on his own by going to work at Marukawa Publishing. After being hurt by his first love in high school when he was 15, Ritsu vowed to never fall in love again. His resolve is tested, however; when he is reunited with the boy he once loved: now very much a man and his new boss! It was also mentioned that he was one of Usami Akihiko's (from Junjo Romantica) editors at his previous job.

--Masamune Takano--
      Formerly known as Saga Masamune, before his parents divorced in high school. He is the editor-in-chief of the Emerald department at Marukawa, and is sometimes referred to as "the Capable". He and Ritsu were once in a brief relationship in high school but split up over a misunderstanding, where they both thought each other was wrong. It is revealed that he later had a break down from the break up, family problems, and other personal issues, which in turn left him with an unrequited love for Ritsu. When both he and Ritsu realize who each other are, he promises Ritsu he will make him fall in love with him again much to Ritsu's contempt.

--Chiaki Yoshino--
      Yoshino Chiaki, is a 28 year old shōjo manga artist known as Yoshikawa Chiharu. His editor in-charge is Yoshiyuki Hatori, who is also his childhood friend. His two best friends are Hatori and Yanase, but the lines between friendship and love begin to blur after a number of confusing incidents. Chiaki begins to question his feelings for Hatori after not only witnessing him and Yanase together in what he thinks is a kiss but Hatori kisses him one night. Chiaki begins to realize he has to confront his true feelings or risk losing them both.

--Kou Yukina--
      Yukina is a 21-year-old clerk in charge of the shōjo manga section at the bookstore, Marimo books. He's been aware of Kisa coming in to watch him, but when he finds out Kisa is the editor behind all of his favorite works he begins to develop feelings for him. He's willing to fight to make Kisa understand that what they feel for each other is real. And that Kisa is able to actually fall in love.

Total Stars: 4.5 of 5
      Many of the characters from the first season return pretty much. A bit of new data here and there, but most of the cast stays the same...

Art/Theme

Total Stars: 5 of 5
      The art for the series itself was actually not to bad overall, still pretty sharp and clear, yet still soft and a little girly though not to the point it screamed 'Shonen-ai/Yaoi'. The art still had a little hardness to it to at least still lend some sense of seriousness to the story and plot, while still keeping some of the softness and tone that is usually common for the Shonen-ai/Yaoi genre.

Overall/Closing Comments
      This season I think helped redeem a bit of the rushed feeling of the first season, as we learned more of the characters and watched there relationships develop and move forward. Still though, it felt like it was too short, but I guess its because they tried to cram a lot in in a limited number of episodes. Yet the pace seemed to be just right, even though you still kinda wonder where things will now go in the future, since there are still a few questions...

Total Stars for Series Overall: 4.5 of 5
      Likelyhood to Recommend: YES
      Last edited by Raiji Magiwind; 01-19-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Thread Information