• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Nurarihyon No Mago Sennen Makyou (Nura 2nd Season) [May Contain Spoilers]

Welcome to the first of a set of threads commanded by your resident Anime and Manga Assistant, Raiji. This thread is one of the several series I have opted to Advocate for the Summer 2011 season, as part of the "Anime Advocates" area of the A&M Assistant Scheme.

This title I watch via Viz Media's website, as it is one of the titles they decided to continue with and picked up for the Summer season. Nurarihyon No Mago Sennen Makyou is the second season of the series Nurarihyon No Mago.

Viz Media Link: Nurarihyon No Mago Sennen Makyou
      You can like find this likely after a few hours or days on stuff like animeseason or other streaming sites, though here you can watch it via Viz with decent subtitles and if you haven't watched the first season yet, you can watch it all here. Being they use Hulu as there streaming medium, you'll have to deal with ads on occasion, but there usually only right before it starts and at the midpoint. Not sure if you would still see the ads if your a Hulu Plus member though.

The first one up of the Summer 2011 season I have advocated is the series "Nurarihyon No Mago Sennen Makyou" (also written as Japenese- ぬらりひょんの孫 千年魔京). It is also known in English as Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan. Synonyms for it include The Grandson of Nurarihyon and Grandchild of Nurarihyon. The series is based of the manga of the same title written by Hiroshi Shiibashi, and is currently his only known series. It is currently slated for an unknown number of episodes at this time. If it follows suit of the first season, I shall assume 26 episodes, though it could be longer or shorter.

Series Synopsis: --From MyAnimeList
      Rikuo Nura appears to be an average high-school kid. No one knows that he comes home everyday to a house full of the once fearsome yokai of legend, nor that at night, Nura transforms into the all powerful leader of these spirits. However, much to the disappointment of -well- everyone, Rikuo is determined to live as normal a life as possible.
      MAL: http://myanimelist.net/anime/10049/N..._Sennen_Makyou (Second Season Info Page)
      http://myanimelist.net/anime/7592/Nurarihyon_no_Mago (First Season Info Page)

Episode 1 Summary: (Air Date 7-3-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 1
      "The Nura Clan's Third Heir Awakens"
      Having lost his father at an early age, young Rikuo Nura aspires to become the Supreme Commander of yokai just like his grandfather and late father did.

Personal Thoughts:
      The first episode of the second season started with a tale from the past. We explored a little of Rikuo's childhood and the memories of his past and how thing led up to his becoming the third heir to the Nura clan. We learn of his fathers death and see his first transformation. We also learn a bit about how an event in his past is what drives his vision for the future, not just for himself but for the clan itself. I happened to stumble on to this series last year and watched the first season cause it looked interesting. It led me to the manga which I do need to get back to reading and catching up on. All in all it was good episode for the first episode of the second season and I see promise in the second season as we watch Rikuo growup and begin to accept his chagrin of leading the Yokai and acquiring his own Night Parade of a Hundred Demons.

So feel free to come in and discuss, ask questions, post favorite images (links preferred for larger images please) and so on. Each week, I myself will add my review and thoughts for the recent episode and at the end I will post a final review and overall score for the series itself. In between though feel free to share your own thoughts and discussion on the series.
      **Please be aware the synopsis for each episode is the official synopsis quoted from the site I watch the series on, with the overview of the series synopsis quoted from ANN or MyAnimeList. Personal versions of the synopsis will be listed below before the Personal Thoughts when I come up with one for each, and will supplement the official synopsis.

Also please keep in mind, that I try to aim to watch these titles via legal streaming sites such as Crunchy, Viz, Nico Nico (English Beta site) or Funimation, among others, so I follow there release schedule for the legal releases of the stream when I can. So please be patient if you for some reason see them out before elsewhere. I will add my newest synopsis when they are released via my choice sites release schedule or within a few days after, dependent on if I'm not exhausted from work.

Meanwhile please keep your eyes open for the other Anime Advocated titles of the Summer 2011 season by your A&M Assistant, Raiji. The other titles under my Advocation for Summer 2011 are:
      Sacred Seven
      Dantalian no Shoka
      Last edited by Raiji Magiwind; 07-23-2011 at 12:29 AM.

The Alchemist's Whimsical Journal || The Alchemist's Experimentation: AL CA Journal

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Re: Nurarihyon No Mago Sennen Makyou (Nura 2nd Season) [May Contain Spoilers]

Episode 2 Summary: (Air Date 7-9-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 2
      "Two Justice"
      Ryuji Keikain and Mamiru Keikain, two onmyoji who are powerful enough to take down even Aotabo, have arrived in Ukiyoe Town.

Personal Thoughts:
      In the second episode we find Nura having to defend Yura from her own brothers after she tries to protect the human Rikuo from being attacked when they start trying to bring him harm. Eventually Rikuo has enough of them slowly torturing her to get him to reveal himself. It seems like these two are a bit crazy, and a bit power mad. I almost fear what would happen if they eventually went to far and attacked and innocent that might have only been contaminated by a yokai but is actually human. They almost make me feel like there Nazi's of onmyouji, believing that all yokai are evil and refuse to see the possibility, even if slim that there is some that aren't evil, just mischievous prank playing types.

The Alchemist's Whimsical Journal || The Alchemist's Experimentation: AL CA Journal

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 3 Summary: (Air Date 7-16-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 3
      "Yura's Realization"
      Ryuji Keikain uses his Shikigami “Gyogen” to attack Rikuo, who defends himself with his blade. Ryuji halts his attack when he recognizes the blade as “Nenekirimaru,” a Spirit Blade that can only cut down yokai.

Personal Thoughts:
      This episode was interesting in the fact that both Yura sort of realizes that Rikuo is also the one who has saved her several times as in his yokai form. In the meantime he continues his fight with Ryuji and manages to end the fight in not bad of shape. The fight though is brought to a close with the arrival of the members of the Nura clan, but also with the realization of what the blade yokai Rikuo carries. It seems the blade is a sort of sacred blade whom will only do major damage to yokai. He leaves the scene with many questions as to why he would have that sword. But he doesn't ask them. He only leaves with one comment, to tell Rikuos grandfather not to come back to there restaurant ever. It made for a interesting end of an episode.
      I do sorta look forward to the next episode as it looks like we might learn more about Rikuo's grandfather's past.
      Last edited by Raiji Magiwind; 07-20-2011 at 08:05 PM.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 4 Summary: (Air Date 7-23-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 4
      "Nurarihyon and Princess Yo"
      During the era when the Toyotomi clan ruled Japan, there lived a young woman known as Princess Yo, who could heal any wound or disease with her magical powers.

Personal Thoughts:
      This was actually a nice and somewhat fun episode. This episode seems to focus on the past, from where Rikuo' grandfather as his younger self. It seems this episode is the start of what might be a 2-3 episode sub story that tells us a little about Nurarihyon's past and in turn where Rikuo's human blood comes from. Its also kinda interesting to see Rikuo's grandfather as he was when he was younger and to see the relationship that we assume comes from his 'interest/love' of Princess Yo. Its a nice touch to teh series and a chance to see a bit of what Rikuo's grandpa was like back when he was still young, and how his actions in the past seems to be coming full circle now.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 5 Summary: (Air Date 7-31-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 5
      "Towards Today"
      Nurarihyon enters Osaka Castle to rescue Princess Yo from Hagoromo-Gitsune.

Personal Thoughts:
      This episode was interesting and helped us to better understand some of the past that leads to what we know today with Rikuo. We meet the woman that in a way stole Nurarihyon's heart, and fell in love with him. It also seems that because of this, there is a deep connection between the Nura Yokai and Yura's clan of Omnyou. I look forward to seeing where the story goes and weather we will learn more about the curse Hagoromo supposedly placed upon them.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 6 Summary: (Air Date 8-7-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 6
      "The Legends of Tono"
      Kiyotsugu proposes that the Kiyojuji Paranormal Patrol members visit Yura's home in Kyoto as part of a summer yokai research project.

Personal Thoughts:
      An interesting episode. It seems its time for Rikuo to start some training...XD He is sent to Tono by his grandfather who pretty much says train him or let him die trying. Of course, he wasn't exactly a willing participant in this either. It made for interesting points, including Rikuo basically scowling while doing laundry. I kinda look forward to watching what happens next week.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 7 Summary: (Air Date 8-13-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 7
      "Kyokasuigetsu"
      At Oshu-Tono's Hidden Village, Rikuo spends his days in intense training.

Personal Thoughts:
      Rikuo begins to understand the nature of the yokai a little better. He begins to slowly understand more and in turn begins to learn the technique Kyokasuigetsu. Meanwhile, the first strike to take out the enemies of the reviving Hagaromo starts with a group who tries to go after Rikuo.

just enjoying lidw

Happy

Country
      UK
      AL Points

doesn't sound to bad can one watch in on youtube?
      By Nethack

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

YOu could try finding it on youtube, though if you can access the VIZ website in your region, a free account is all you need to watch there stuff, though a lot of there stuff is streamed through Hulu, so you could check hulu as well..

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 8 Summary: (Air Date 8-20-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 8
      "Hagoromo-Gitsune Kyoto Invasion"
      In Kyoto, the Keikain seals are broken one after another by Hagoromo-Gitsune

Personal Thoughts:
      Another interesting episode. Rikuo knows he still has much to learn, but knows its time to move on and head to Kyoto, where Hagoromo is reeking havoc. He feels he needs to come to Kyoto to settle the score hopefully once and for all. To break the chain of fate and maybe end the curse Hagoromo placed upon the ones who originally defeated her....the Nura and the Keikain...

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 9 Summary: (Air Date 8-27-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 9
      "The Grey Onmyoji"
      Rikuo completes his training and returns to Ukiyoe Town with the Tono-Yokai. Seeing the progress his grandson has made, Nurarihyon allows Rikuo to go to Kyoto.

Personal Thoughts:
      Another interesting episode. RIkuo is now on his way to Kyoto, but the thing is will they be in time to help the Keikan save Kyoto and will they be able to work together to break the curse over the Nura and the Keikan... Only time is going to tell...

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 10 Summary: (Air Date 9-3-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 10
      "Hagun"
      Yura and Ryuji are forced to fight Akifusa.

Personal Thoughts:
      Another interesting episode. The Nura clan makes its way to Kyoto as the onmyoji try to hold it as best they can. I'm kinda curious to see though how the Tono and Nura will get along...

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 11 Summary: (Air Date 9-10-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 11
      "Battle Above Kyoto"
      The Kyoto Yokai are moments away from fulfilling their long-standing wish with only one seal remaining to break. Meanwhile, Rikuo and his clan members on board the Treasure Ship are about to enter Kyoto.

Personal Thoughts:
      The battle is about to begin in Kyoto, but how will the Nura clan fare? First they must gander there way into Kyoto, hopefully before Hageromo destroys the final seal and is able to have her wish come to pass.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 12 Summary: (Air Date 9-17-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 12
      "Long Standing Wish"
      The Nura clan's Treasure Ship sustains heavy damage by the Kyoto yokai and begins to lose altitude.

Personal Thoughts:
      The first phase of the battle for Kyoto begins. Rikuo and the Nura arrive in Kyoto and now begin there way to what will eventually be the big battle. Where will things go and what will happen? And will we learn more of the details that ties the Keikan and the Nura clans together in the whole insanity...

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 13 Summary: (Air Date 9-25-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 13
      "The Destiny of the Demon Capital"
      A look back on past events as the Nura clan, Tono yokai, and Keikain onmyoji get ready for their upcoming showdown.

Personal Thoughts:
      Not much too new with this episode. It was more a filler, catch up/recap of the last dozen episodes to ready one for the second half of the second season

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information