• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Ao no Exorcist [May Contain Spoilers]

Welcome to the final title in my set of threads commanded by your resident Anime and Manga Assistant, Raiji. This thread is one of the several series I have opted to Advocate for the Spring 2011 season, as part of the "Anime Advocates" area of the A&M Assistant Scheme.

This title I watch via Crunchyroll, as it is one of the titles they did pick up for the Spring season.

Crunchyroll Link: Ao no Exoricist/Blue Exorcist
      You can like find this likely after a few hours or days on stuff like animeseason or other streaming sites, though if you are a premium member at Crunchy, you will have first dibs access to the series. You can still watch this and others on Crunchy as a free member, you just have to wait a week.

The third title up of the Spring 2011 season I have advocated is the series "Ao no Exorcist" (also written as Ao no Futsumashi, and Blue Exorcist. Japenese- 青の祓魔師(エクソシスト). The series is based of the manga of the same title written by Kazue Katou, also the author of the well known series' such as HoshiOta (Eng.- Star Geek), Miyama Uguisu Yashika Jiken (actually a possible tie in one-shot to Ao no Exorcist), and Robo to Usakichi (Eng.- Space Traveller Robo & Usakichi). It is currently slated for an undetermined number of episodes at this time.

Series Synopsis:
      This world consists of two dimensions joined as one, like a mirror. The first is the world in which the humans live, Assiah. The other is the world of demons, Gehenna. Ordinarily, travel between the two, and indeed any kind of contact between the two, is impossible. However the demons can pass over into this world by possessing anything that exist within it. Satan the god of demons, but there's one thing that he doesn't have, and that's a substance in the human world that is powerful enough to contain him!! For that purpose he created Rin, his son from a human woman, but will his son agree to his plans? Or will he become something else...? An exorcist?

Episode 1 Summary: (Air Date 4-20-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 1
      “The Devil Resides in Human Souls”
      Rin Okumura begins to worry about his future as his twin brother, Yukio, is starting school at the prestigious True Cross Academy. Sent to a job interview by his foster father, Shiro, Rin encounters a demon-like creature and causes havoc in the store.
      First episode we meet the main character Rin and learn a bit about him, and who he is as a person. At the end of the first episode he also awakens, and learns from his foster father about who he really is.

Personal Thoughts:
      I found this first episode actually quite interesting. It had a steady pace that kept me interested and a decent plot opening to draw me in, while ending off the first episode with a slight cliffhanger ending. Of the three titles I have advocated this season, this is the only one where I haven't read the manga at all prior to starting the series, so I went in knowing nothing other then what I read about the series and the preview trailer they had for the anime. I think though I will be adding it to my reading list very shortly as far as reading the manga side of this series.

So feel free to come in and discuss, ask questions, post favorite images (links preferred for larger images please) and so on. Each week, I myself will add my review and thoughts for the recent episode and at the end I will post a final review and overall score for the series itself. In between though feel free to share your own thoughts and discussion on the series.
      **Please be aware the synopsis for each episode is the official synopsis quoted from the site I watch the series on, with the overview of the series synopsis quoted from ANN or MyAnimeList. Personal versions of the synopsis will be listed below before the Personal Thoughts when I come up with one for each, and will supplement the official synopsis.

Meanwhile please keep your eyes open for the other Anime Advocated titles of the Spring 2011 season by your A&M Assistant, Raiji. The other titles under my Advocation for Spring 2011 are:

--Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi
      --Deadman Wonderland [ANIME ONLY!]
      Last edited by Raiji Magiwind; 05-18-2011 at 12:42 AM.

The Alchemist's Whimsical Journal || The Alchemist's Experimentation: AL CA Journal

8-9-3

Shy

Country
      Honduras
      AL Points

Re: Ao no Exorcist [May Contain Spoilers]

Sounds like Beelzebub and Allen Walker had a talk.
      GAMMA FUNKULA

i have returned huzzah

Godly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

watched the first 2 episodes and felt it was pretty decent actually and merits a watch

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 2 Summary: (Air Date 4-27-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 2
      “Gehenna Gate”
      Rin is thrown into turmoil when Shiro tells him that he's the son of Satan! Warning him that he must never draw it, Shiro gives Rin the Koma Sword, and hides him in the monastery basement. Outside, a fierce battle begins...
      Personal Thoughts:
      Interesting episode. Rin is somewhat coping with the fact his brother pretty much new everything nad just coping with school life in general along with knowing he's Satan's son.

--------

Episode 3 Summary: (Air Date 5-4-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 3
      “Brothers”
      Vowing to become an exorcist, Rin is taken to True Cross Academy by the mysterious Mephisto, a friend of their late father. Later, Rin heads to the Exorcist Cram School, as Mephisto warns: “You must keep that you’re the son of Satan confidential.”

Personal Thoughts:
      Interesting episode. Since the last episode I managed to read all the chapters out I can find and it seems as if the general pace of the anime is about 2 episodes per chapter worth of material. Rin enters the True Cross Academy and starts his first day there, which turned into an interesting day for him to say the least....Of course, I can see the fun part being to keep his secret from the rest of the students....XD
      Last edited by Raiji Magiwind; 05-12-2011 at 01:52 AM.

The Alchemist's Whimsical Journal || The Alchemist's Experimentation: AL CA Journal

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 4 Summary: (Air Date 5-11-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 4
      “The Garden of Amahara”
      When Yukio takes on a case, Rin tags along with him to the Exorcism Supply Shop. There he meets Shiemi, a girl with ailing legs, tending to her garden. Yukio examines Shiemi's legs and finding demonic traces, speculates that the garden is the cause.
      Personal Thoughts:
      This episode was fun to watch. Rin seems to be coping somewhat well to his fate, though he's not willing to take it lying down either. He's defiantly determined if anything to prove himself.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Thread managers notes: I shall be heading out to Anime Central from May 19-22, but of the three series I am Advocating, this series should remain unaffected in Advocation reports and weekly Synopsis and Thoughts discussion, since the episode airs on Wednesday afternoon, before I leave for my trip. If you do follow the other two shows I advocate, then there Synopsis and Thoughts may be delayed. Notices have been posted to each thread as a reminder and a just in case...

The series is developing quite nicely. Rin is a bit thick, quite arrogant, but has a big heart. Yukio is coldly intellectual and fiercely dedicated to being an exorcist.

BTW, it must be fiercely uncomfortable to keep that tail curled up inside his trousers. No wonder Rin seems to be in a permanent bad mood!
      Last edited by Jupitris; 05-17-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Un-nessesary.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 5 Summary: (Air Date 5-18-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 5
      “A Boy from the Cursed Temple”
      Rin is always snoozing in class, much to star pupil Suguro's irritation. Suguro's striving to become an exorcist so he can restore his family's temple in Kyoto, and being classmates with such a slacker is more than he can bear.

Personal Thoughts:
      Rin seems to continue to be slightly hot headed though he is trying his best to not fight and cause trouble, even though it seems to follow him anyways. I feel like he's starting to understand a little bit of everything, even though he is still totally clueless. I am kinda looking forward to seeing where the story goes down the line and how everything progresses. Will he manage to surprise everyone and become an Exorcist? Will everyone one day learn his secret? Time will tell...

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 6 Summary: (Air Date 5-25-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 6
      “The Phantom Chef”
      The biggest headache of Rin’s school life is his daily meals. On Yukio’s advice, Rin starts cooking in the dorm kitchen, preparing lunch the night before. But in the morning, all the food has vanished!

Personal Thoughts:
      It seems as if Rin has acquired a friend in the stove demon that lives in there dorm kitchen. All in all though he seems to be adjusting to life in general at the Academy. I look forward to seeing what happens next week.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Sorry about the slight delay...>> Work, new dolly arrival and a misbehaving bicycle kept me...>>

Episode 7 Summary: (Air Date 6-1-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 7
      “A Flock of Plovers”
      To overcome her shyness, Shiemi secretly vows to “Make friends!” But she’s foiled by her klutziness. After displaying her Tamer skills in class, she finally asks Izumo to be her friend! Soon after, the Exorcist Cram School holds a boot camp.
      Personal Thoughts:
      This episode was interesting. It involved one of the side characters this episode as she tried to make friends, after feeling rejected of sorts by the comment Rin made in the previous episode. Of course, Rin doesn't seems to make friends easily and is very guarded with good reason, so he probably doesn't think to realize that his words or actions can sometimes have outcomes he wasn't intending, but he does seem to care for the people around him, even if he doesn't agree with them

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 8 Summary: (Air Date 6-8-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 8
      “Now A Certain Man Was Sick...”
      Crushed by her failure to save her best friend, Izumo lashes out at Suguro! Their bickering escalates until the whole class is involved, and they’re all sent to detention. Suddenly, the students are attacked by the ghoul Rin fought the day before!
      Personal Thoughts:
      So with this episode we have another person who apparently knows of Rin's secret, but what is his agenda is the next question. The episode itself was interesting as we get to see Rin in action again after a few episodes of not being much so it was nice to see him fight again.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Blech... new formatting stuff pain in the arse to get used to....>>
      Anywho....

Episode 9 Summary:
      (Air Date 6-15-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 9
      "Memories”
      Fighting together for the first time, Rin and the others barely survive a harrowing attack. Suddenly, Mephisto and the cram school teachers are before them! Sensing something odd in Noihaus’s behavior, Yukio confronts the teacher, only to discover…!

Personal Thoughts:
      Well with this episode things are defiantly getting interesting as we begin to see hints of some who don't sit well with the idea of Rin being at the Academy But he manages to keep a relativity cool head in the end, even though he knows people are out to kill him, he will do anything to protect his friends and family. I am kinda looking forward to next weeks episode where it looks like he meets the cat demon that was one of his and Yukio's Guardian/Father figure's familiar

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 10 Summary: (Air Date 6-22-11)

Official Synopsis- Episode 10
      “Black Cat”
      After the excitement of being promoted to ExWire, Rin is soon disgusted with his load of homework. Then, Yukio is summoned for an urgent mission! The familiar of the Knights of the True Cross has gone berserk, and Yukio has to deal with the crisis.
      Personal Thoughts:
      It seems Rin has made friends of sorts with there father, Shiro's former familiar. This episode was interesting as it showed in a little bit of a way that Rin doesn't always just rush in and fight. I like that it seems he was able to connect with Kuro, probably cause he has his own issues with the events that led to Shiro's death...As for the end... kinda fun to see Kuro got drunk on the silver vine sake (which was probably something along the line of cat nip wine or sake)...

quewrty

episode 11 came out

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by quewrty View Post
      episode 11 came out
      I know when the episodes come out, and post up my review at some point during the day, or within 24 hours, if I haven't been sick or at work. I would ask that you refrain from posting such a form of basic spam as this in the future. The topic is for the general discussion of the series. If what you must say, has no solid relevance, please do not post it.

Thank you..

Raiji
      A&M Advocate and Assistant...

EDIT---

Episode 11 Summary: (Air Date 6-29-11)

Official Synopsis- Episode 11
      “Demon of the Deep”

Rin, Shima and Izumo have been sent on a mission, only to end up working instead. They meet a boy named Yohei and learn of the "Demon of the Sea." Yohei lost his father to this monster, and wants revenge. Worried, Rin and the others watch over him.
      Personal Thoughts:
      Another interesting episode. This one didn't have quite as much action as some of the others but it was still good none the less. It made for nice little side story and change a quiet day for the group to a point. It gave us a chance to see tehn doing something a little normal for once instead of in some sort of fight. Look forward tot eh next episode...
      Last edited by Raiji Magiwind; 06-30-2011 at 03:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information