• zzzz
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi (May Contain Spoilers)

Welcome to the first of a set of threads commanded by your resident Anime and Manga Assistant, Raiji. This thread is one of the several series I have opted to Advocate for the Spring 2011 season, as part of the "Anime Advocates" area of the A&M Assistant Scheme.

This title I watch via Crunchyroll, as it is one of the titles they did pick up for the Spring season.

Crunchyroll Link: Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi
      You can like find this likely after a few hours or days on stuff like animeseason or other streaming sites, though if you are a premium member at Crunchy, you will have first dibs access to the series. You can still watch this and others on Crunchy as a free member, you just have to wait a week.

The first up of the Spring 2011 season I have advocated is the series "Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi" (also written as Sekaiichi Hatsukoi; Japenese- 世界一初恋). The series is an anime based off a boys love (Yes folks, YAOI) manga of the same title and a spin off of the boys love title "Junjou Romantica", both by the same author.
      It is currently planned to air for approximately 12 episodes.

Series Synopsis:
      Onodera Ritsu has just transferred from his father's publishing company to Marukawa Shoten. Assigned to the shoujo manga division, he crosses path with the person he'd least expected to meet. Takano Masamune is the editor-in-chief of the division Ritsu's been assigned to, and the two seem get off on the wrong foot right from the very start when Takano unexpectedly kisses him. However, there is more to than what meets the eye: Takano is actually Saga, Ritsu's senpai and high school love, whom Ritsu had thought to have played him for a fool by taking his affections for granted when he confessed and summarily dumped him.

Episode 1 Summary: (Air Date 4-8-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 1
      “First Impressions are the Most Lasting”
      Ritsu Onodera hated the fact that people claimed he only got into his father's company because he was the son and promptly quits. He starts his new job at Marukawa Publishing house but ends up in a department for shojo manga, something he's neither interested nor experienced in. To make matters worse, the first impression he gets from the high handed editor in chief Masamune Takano is terrible...
      Episode one is pretty much your straightforward first episode, introducing the characters and the series to the viewer. Here you meet the main character Ritsu, who has just been transfered from his dad's publishing company to Marukawa's shoujo manga department, much to somewhat dissatisfaction. He meets and sort of gets off on the wrong foot with his new boss, Takano.
      From there things get dicey, particularly when he has the new boss use him to demonstrate a kissing scene to the female author they go to meet with and are discussing her manuscript. This brings the first waves of confusion and uncertainty to Ritsu, which shall likely grow more interesting as the series continues.

Personal Thoughts:
      There isn't to much to say at the moment, as this is the only the first episode of the series but it looks as if it has some promise for it as the series wears on. I myself have read and watched the other series, Junjou Romantica, by this author and enjoyed it immensely. I have also read some of the manga adaptation of this series, though never finished it, mainly cause finding the volumes was hard. With the release of the anime adaptation of this, I will likely try and pick up and finish it.
      I can see fellow female members of the AL community enjoying this series, if they are into the Yaoi and Shonen-ai genre, or have read and enjoyed Junjou Romantica.

So feel free to come in and discuss, ask questions, post favorite images (links preferred for larger images please) and so on. Each week, I myself will add my review and thoughts for the recent episode and at the end I will post a final review and overall score for the series itself. In between though feel free to share your own thoughts and discussion on the series.
      **Please be aware the synopsis for each episode is the official synopsis quoted from the site I watch the series on, with the overview of the series synopsis quoted from ANN or MyAnimeList. Personal versions of the synopsis will be listed below before the Personal Thoughts when I come up with one for each, and will supplement the official synopsis.

Meanwhile please keep your eyes open for the other Anime Advocated titles of the Spring 2011 season by your A&M Assistant, Raiji. The other titles under my Advocation for Spring 2011 are:
      --Ao no Exorcist
      --Deadman Wonderland [ANIME ONLY!!]
      Last edited by Raiji Magiwind; 05-18-2011 at 12:44 AM.

The Alchemist's Whimsical Journal || The Alchemist's Experimentation: AL CA Journal

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Re: Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi (May Contain Spoilers)

Episode 2 Summary: (Air Date 4-15-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 2
      “A man has free choice to begin love but not to end it”
      The Emerald Editing team has started the task of releasing a magazine. Ritsu Onodera, a rookie shojo manga editor, is forced to go to the office of an author with the editor in chief, Masamune Takano. However, when Ritsu sees the author panic because of the looming deadline, he accidentally...?!
      In this episode they visit another one of the artists and make sure they finish there manuscripts on time. This seems to end well. With this episode Takano lets on about the past a little, which seems to throw Ritsu into a tizzy, as he begins to connect the dots as to Takano's true identity...

Personal Thoughts:
      This episode was kinda quirky, with more dealings with the clients to Takano dropping hints of the past. Now Ritsu is beginning to feel flustered more, as he begins to connect the words Takano spoke and the memories of the past. I am kinda looking forward to seeing how long Ritsu will try to deny his heart before he gives in to what he likely already knows.

For those who are watching the series, please share your thoughts. Till next week....

The Alchemist's Whimsical Journal || The Alchemist's Experimentation: AL CA Journal

8-9-3

Shy

Country
      Honduras
      AL Points

Because it's boy x boy I was forced to ignore it. There are other titles that I've recently watched for the 2011 lineup that have caused me great anticipation for the release of their second or third episodes. I can't wait until you cover those. Aside from that, the art style in anime has advanced beautifully and though I wont watch this specific anime, I will say that the details in the scenes I have seen is pretty awesome.
      GAMMA FUNKULA

Otaku mode

Depressed

Country
      USA
      AL Points

I was interested in the premise of this show until I saw that it was a title targeted at an almost strictly female audience by having it be a romance story between two male characters.

omg.ninja: D: Mitch never fails to creep me out.
      zen: It's because you're a gigantic moe-hungry otakufied jappoland tsundere fagfagfag. <3
      Tim Beck: See I can destroy minds retroactively.
      Pies: moe life born, moe life bred, and in the end i'll be moe life dead- Foxdemon, 2009

RIP Becca <3

Sad

Country
      Greece
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

I'm a huge fan of Nakamura Shungiku and particularly love her style of art.

JunJou Romantica is my all time favourite Shounen Ai series and I was looking forward to Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi. So far I haven't been disappointed and neither will other JunJou fans.

I should mention that there is also an OVA which was released a while back courtesy of AarinFantasy which tells the story of Ritsu and Saga - which I feel is quite vital to understanding their back story as it is alluded to in the main story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Chusei
      I have byakuya chairs. you can sit on his face *awesomeface*

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Yeah... it does kinda help to watch the OVA, which I am sure you can find in a good search.. though if you are signed up on the AarinFantasy form/site you can watch it in there collection here...
      Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi OVA

Anywho....

Episode 3 Summary: (Air Date 4-15-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 3
      "In love there is both dotage and discretion..."
      Ritsu can't calm down after finding out Takano's true identity. On top of that, when he's about to immerse himself in the work for the author he's in charge for, he encounters Takafumi Yokozawa, the wild horse of the sales department. He makes a terrible first impression on Ritsu by accusing him of "riding [his] father's coat tails". To top it off, he seems to be quite friendly with Takano in and outside work...?!
      Tension is beginning to show between Ritsu and Takano, as Ristu is flustered and feels afraid it seems to be alone with Takano. But he has to make a quick stop to visit Takano to go over some storyboard edits. The meeting ends with a flustered Ritsu, who runs out and is confronted by another...

Personal Thoughts:
      This episode was interesting. You can see Ritsu is flustered and nervous to be around Takano alone, afraid possibly of what Takano might do, but also Ritsu I think is a bit nervous about his feelings for Takano, which are a little obvious, yet he seems to try his hardest to avoid admitting them. In the mean time he seems a little paranoid.
      Last edited by Raiji Magiwind; 04-30-2011 at 02:05 AM.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 4 Summary: (Air Date 4-29-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 4
      “Adversity makes a man wise.”
      Late at night, Ritsu has a run in with Yokozawa at Takano's apartment. He tries to stay calm, but the confusion and agitation have him too rattled. Then one day, it becomes apparent that the manuscript of one of the author's Ritsu is responsible for won't make it for the printing deadline. Yokozawa suggests to "drop it this time". However, when Ritsu insists that he wants to get it in, Takano says...
      Ritsu continues to be uncertain of where his heart lies in this episode. He is trying to handle his work at the editing department, but at the same time has to cope with his feelings which are becoming more confused...

Personal Thoughts:
      This was an interesting episode. Ritsu is becoming more flustered and uncertain about his feelings for Takano. You can see it in his eyes and in the fact he is very nervous being around him. But he seems to also be nervous about the possibility there is a rival for Takano as well. Yokozawa doesn't seem to like him it seems, but it is possible he's hiding something more. I look forward to next weeks episode.
      Last edited by Raiji Magiwind; 04-30-2011 at 09:58 PM.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 5 Summary: (Air Date 5-6-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 5
      “Love is lawless”
      Chiaki Yoshino is a popular shoujo manga author under the pen name "Chiharu Yoshikawa". His friends include his childhood friend and editor Yoshiyuki Hatori, and the chief assistant Yuu Yanase they know since middle school. But one day, Yoshino happens to witness Hatori and Yanase kiss...

Personal Thoughts:
      An interesting episode. This one focused on a side story to the series, but was still good none the less. A good bit of heated tension and confusion between the two characters. Look forward to next week.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Thread managers notes: Since I will be away during the weekend in which episode 7 (5-20-2011) will air, I shall still post up my weekly synopsis and thoughts, though the Episode 7 synopsis and thoughts may be delayed till Monday (5-23) depending on my internet availability. I shall be at Anime Central during the 19th-22nd of this month.

This weeks episode (ep. #6) synopsis and thoughts is not affected.

Episode 6 Summary: (Air Date 5-13-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 6
      “Go to the sea, if you would fish well.”
      Yoshino's childhood friend and editor Hatori confesses his love to him. But Yoshino suspects that his friend and chief assistant Yanase is actually secretly in love with Hatori. Yoshino's so preoccupied with the relationship between those two that he can't focus on his work...

Personal Thoughts:
      This episode was interesting, though it felt confusing. There is some plot going, but the series has begun to feel a little detached.
      Last edited by Raiji Magiwind; 05-14-2011 at 03:02 AM.

Life is Good <3

Pervy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

I have to say this is my first time watching an anime like this and i actually liked it...besides the romance...the way manga is written and published is quite tedious and a lot of work >.>

RIP Becca <3

Sad

Country
      Greece
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raiji Magiwind View Post
      Personal Thoughts:
      This episode was interesting, though it felt confusing. There is some plot going, but the series has begun to feel a little detached.
      Yeah she did that with Junjou as well didn't she? Where she branched off into 2 more irrelevant relationships which, although they were connected to the characters, showed little to no relevance to the plot at all. I do wish she would stick to one couple and put more onus on their relationship. Next week we meet couple no. 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Chusei
      I have byakuya chairs. you can sit on his face *awesomeface*

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 7 Summary: (Air Date 5-20-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 7
      “Coming events cast their shadows before them”
      Ritsu is having trouble writing up the proposal for his first manga project. Amidst his trouble, Takano's friend from the sales department, Yokozawa, declares that "Masamune is mine". Ritsu can't hide that he's shaken, but then he runs into Takano at a bar he ended up with his friend...
      Personal Thoughts:
      At least this week, they got back to the original characters, though I feel as if the series is jumping a bit all over the place, so it is becoming hard to keep up with everything, but I am managing somehow. I think though if I didn't already sort of read the manga I would be even more confused.

Life is Good <3

Pervy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

lol this is really a first for me to watching this kind of anime..and i actually like it. not only the romance but what it takes to publish a manga...a lot of work seems to go into it and i think we take things for granted not realizing that it is hard to do...

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 8 Summary: (Air Date 5-27-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 8
      “Looks breed love”
      Kisa has a crush on of the staff members at the book store he frequents. He silently watches until Yokozawa forces an introduction.
      Personal Thoughts:
      I am still enjoying the series, but I do just feel that with the shortness of the series in how many eps they planned for it, that they would focus a little more on the main characters, since there's only a few left and I have a feeling the series will end feeling unfinished. I guess its good I sorta follow the manga as well.

AL's Guardian and Keeper

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Episode 9 Summary: (Air Date 6-3-2011)
      Quote Originally Posted by Official Synopsis-Episode 9
      “The die is cast.”
      Kisa can't concentrate on his work due to not being able to keep Yukina out of his mind. He tries to convince himself that he's only visiting the store to check out the comic display that Yukina made for him; however, the fact that Yukina isn't acting any different confuses him.
      Personal Thoughts:
      Another interesting episode though with the way the series is nearing its end, I kinda wish they would focus more on the main two then go into the other side characters as much. Not unless they got secret plans to release a second season, I feel as if this series is gonna end with a cliffhanger form of ending...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information