FAQ: Assistants and Schemes
What Are Assistants?
First and foremost, ALL staff members are regular members and as such should never hold themselves higher than any other member on the board. We exist as members with extra responsibilities to make sure AnimeLeague functions and flourishes to the best benefit of the community. Where do Assistants fit in to this picture? Well, assistants are essential to the running of AL. They are the rank between that of moderators and normal members, designed to help out with the running and maintaining of Animeleague through various activities. Anyone can apply to become an assistant, it's also a great opportunity to display that you have what it takes to be moderator. Nine times out of ten, moderators are chosen from assistants.
What Do Assistants Do?
Assistants help AnimeLeague by aiding moderators in different sections with projects known as schemes. Each scheme is different and designed to contribute to a section to ensure it stays running properly and with ample care. To maintain an assistant status, it is imperative that you stay active in the scheme(s) you choose. You must be in AT LEAST one scheme at all times, starting from the time you are accepted as an assistant.
What Are Schemes?
Schemes are projects designed and run by staff members that help keep AL functioning. CURRENT SCHEMES CAN BE FOUND IN THE NEXT POST. All assistants must join a scheme upon their acceptance as an assistant. There is a wide variety of schemes offered on AL and each scheme is designed differently to catch the interest of any assistant to make their job enjoyable and fun, while helping AL out. When applying to a scheme please be sure to read the conditions of the scheme carefully. Some schemes will require you to report in to your scheme leaders about your activity. Failure to meet the criteria of a scheme will result in losing your position in that scheme, and should you not participate in a scheme, you will lose your assistant status. You, of course, are free to leave schemes and join different ones at any time, just be sure to relay it to your scheme leader(s).
Can Assistants Run Schemes?
Yes. If you have an idea for a scheme and wish to lead it (or you can even request someone else to lead it) PM Ttosk or the Community Admin to discuss your idea and to work out the details to make it possible.
What Powers Do Assistants Have?
1. First off, assistants cannot moderate any forum. They simply just help out the Moderators of that section by PMing the Moderators of any rule breakage and tending their duties in schemes.
2. They have the rank title of assistant, and have a different color to let other users know that they are helping out AL.
3. Every assistant will be in regular contact with several members of staff.
4. Assistants are more likely to eventually become moderators.
5. Active assistants are able to be in 3 clans in Clan Nation at one time, instead of the 2 clan limit that currently exists for regular members.
How do you STAY or get REMOVED as an Assistant?
To STAY an assistant is very simple:
- Be active in your scheme(s)!
- Do not break any forum or board wide rules.
To be REMOVED as an Assistant:
- You can request at any time to be removed as an assistant and you will no longer be obligated to schemes.
- If at any time you go inactive or fail to respond to your scheme leader if they send a PM to contact you then you may be removed for inactivity. However, if you are absent due to a holiday (etc) please just let your scheme leaders and Ttosk know in The Absences and Returns thread in Assistant Central and you will not be removed for inactivity.
- If you break any rules and are put on a probation or banned you will lose your assistant status. After one month of coming off your probation, you may reapply for an assistant position again. Should you be removed due to rule breakage 3 times in any given period, your removal as an assistant will be permanent.
- If for whatever reason you're gone for 21 days or more (this includes legit reasons such as holidays). If you return after this time simply PM us why you were absent and we can readd you quick and easily.