• Wtf
  • zzzz

Administrator
      I got this!

Angry

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Thank You for Attending London Anime & Gaming Con - Post your Reactions/Photos Here

We'd like to thank you all for coming along and supporting what was our largest ever event. Nearly 5,000 of you attended - a new record! A massive thankyou to all of you who attended and to our hard working team. Going forward, for future events we will be looking at increasing our hire space to make future events even bigger and better.

Along those lines, we're already planning ahead for Summer London Anime & Gaming Con this 3-5 July which you can signup for right now @ www.londonanimecon.com. We already have some top name voice actor guests confirmed so make sure to stay tuned for our first big announcement there this Thursday at 7pm!

Once more thank you all for attending. We will continue now to move forward and bring you all fun events across the UK. We have 14 more cons across all the UK to go this year, go check them out at https://www.animeleague.com/events

Got any reactions, photos, videos, memories or general feedback? Please do post them in this topic here. Again thank you all.
      ---

Chlobo
      daily bather

Arty

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Re: Thank You for Attending London Anime & Gaming Con - Post your Reactions/Photos He

Why were staff giving away lettece from tesco during the gaming quiz?

Queen of AL~
      The Queens says you are all my slaves!

Awesome

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Re: Thank You for Attending London Anime & Gaming Con - Post your Reactions/Photos He

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
      Why were staff giving away lettece from tesco during the gaming quiz?
      I believe that was an inside joke among the VG Team I think they went to Pizza Hut on the Saturday and gave Stephen a load of lettece You'd have to ask them haha!

Happy New Year AL Family

Amused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

There was lettuce dam could of had a salad sandwich i missed it

Unhappy Re: Thank You for Attending London Anime & Gaming Con - Post your Reactions/Photos He

Quote Originally Posted by Ferefire View Post
      We'd like to thank you all for coming along and supporting what was our largest ever event. Nearly 5,000 of you attended - a new record! A massive thankyou to all of you who attended and to our hard working team. Going forward, for future events we will be looking at increasing our hire space to make future events even bigger and better.

Along those lines, we're already planning ahead for Summer London Anime & Gaming Con this 3-5 July which you can signup for right now @ www.londonanimecon.com. We already have some top name voice actor guests confirmed so make sure to stay tuned for our first big announcement there this Thursday at 7pm!

Once more thank you all for attending. We will continue now to move forward and bring you all fun events across the UK. We have 14 more cons across all the UK to go this year, go check them out at https://www.animeleague.com/events

Got any reactions, photos, videos, memories or general feedback? Please do post them in this topic here. Again thank you all.
      Hi there,

I'm just giving our honest feedback of what we had to deal with on the Saturday. We went with a group of people and found it to be quite an interesting day although there were many low points which made us not really enjoy the event and infact left early due to lack of enthusiasm from dissapointment.

The following issues which could be improved in your next event are:

1 - there was no clear signs outside to show where the event was taking place. If it is held at a University, please state that so that it is easier to find.

2 - Items ran out for VIP guest, which shouldn't happen considering we paid extra for these merch items etc. if VIP guest have already bought these items, then the stock should be set aside for them and not sold then replaced with something else that they did not want.

3 - Anime (Cinema) screens, these were not cinema screens as advertised and we could not hear the movies being played as there was no clear set out space / area to enjoy or hear the movies being played.

4 - The games room didn't have many people around who could direct people and there was no clear signs or what games were available to play or if a tournament was going on so we were not able to play any games.

5 - Air conditioning desperately needed or open more windows. The smell was horrendous, we understand that you can't do much about people's hygiene but some opened windows or fans would have made it much more bearable sitting in the main bar / stage area, we had to buy mask in the place just so we could avoid the BO smell.

We are sure you all work hard to organise these events and well done to you and your colleagues, however, we just feel these things need to improve, considering this is the first time we have been to this event, we all really felt let down, because of all of this, we don't think we would attend another one of these events or reccommend this event to friends again, unless improvements are made.

Concerned customer
      Le Potts

Happy New Year AL Family

Amused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

The convention as whole was very good i enjoyed each day made a ton new friends.
      I cosplayed all three days Friday: Zeref Saturday: Luffy Sunday: Natsu
      I enjoyed the events i got to see alot of people the cosplays where awesome so many favourites
      I enjoyed the events and all the parties had few drinks but what i liked most was the fact that they had water so keep self hydrated
      I enjoyed the con as whole will definitely be going in summer
      The accommodation was great i like the fact you get up and have breakfast before con and talk to all your friends in common room it was brilliant i highly recommend any to stay there as everyone is really friendly the facility is clean and had no problems
      The travel in getting there was brilliant the piccadilly line goes right from accommodation to event which made it easier but this next part was own fault XD i carried my large suitcase up 172 steps at tube station did no see the warning till got to the top

FB_IMG_1582023823720.jpgFB_IMG_1582023658385.jpgFB_IMG_1582023763207.jpgreceived_500054600919569.jpgFB_IMG_1582023791131.jpgFB_IMG_1581981146338.jpg

Talking Re: Thank You for Attending London Anime & Gaming Con - Post your Reactions/Photos He

Quote Originally Posted by Ferefire View Post

I went on Sunday, and despite Storm Dennis, I was luckily able to get the train to Paddington and the tube to Holloway Road without a problem. I live in Maidenhead, in the South East, you see. I was in the masquerade as PaRappa the Rapper, whom I had previously cosplayed as in the COSTest last time I was at Hyper Japan. I had made a few improvements to my costume in advance, and I performed to an extended version of the Hyper Japan PaRappa Medley I made on Audacity (which is twice as long as the original). The masquerade started earlier than I expected; good thing I was there just in time for it! I may not have won it, but I won the hearts of the audience and brought on the nostalgia for many, especially those who had played PaRappa's game in their childhoods. I didn't see many familiar faces when I was there, but I met plenty of new people to make up for it.

LAGC2020.jpg

Administrator
      I got this!

Angry

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@Le Potts Thank you for the constructive feedback and I am sorry you feel let down. As always we always are happy to take on board ways to improve the event.

Just quickly addressing some of these points -

- Lack of signage was for a reason. Unfortunately due to the very bad weather, the original signage and boards we were going to put outside had to be removed for safety reasons.
      - Can you email info@animeleague.com regarding the VIP items not being available as they should have been given we did have sufficient stock. This sounds like an error from our team and we will send you out what you're due there. Apologies for this.
      - The games rooms we do have gaming menus put out with what is available, but as always we'll try and look at other ways to improve on this, possibly posters next time. We may also include a list of games in the mobile app for you to look at.
      ---

Thread Information