• Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: No Guns Life

Such an obvious flag, ha ha.

Spoiler:  
      About the car.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      Information wants to be free. (Stewart Brand)
      The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum—even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate. (Noam Chomsky)

I have one "but".

Spoiler:  
      I wish they explained how it is possible to change size. It's happened twice already. Maybe they will explain it later on.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum—even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate. (Noam Chomsky)

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by unoduetre View Post
      LOL!!!

This joke made me laugh.

I don't get it
      sig art by miwool with help from poronegi; sticker credits: miwool sazi Yagi the Goat Shironappa

@Momogari

Suffocation deaths are caused by mochi every year in Japan, especially among elderly people.[36] According to the Tokyo Fire Department which responds to choking cases, mochi sends more than 100 people to the hospital every year in Tokyo alone. Between 2006 and 2009, 18 people died from choking on mochi in the Japanese capital, according to the city's fire department. In 2011, Japanese media reported eight mochi-related deaths in Tokyo in January.

Every year, Japanese authorities warn people to cut mochi into small pieces before eating it. The Tokyo Fire Department even has a website offering tips on how to help someone choking on mochi.[36]

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Hm. So was it a joke?
      sig art by miwool with help from poronegi; sticker credits: miwool sazi Yagi the Goat Shironappa

I suppose a British equivalent would be "He didn't mind the gap between the train and the platform." I think it's immediately understandable for people who have spent some time in the UK. Unfortunately, I don't know an American equivalent.

Bitey

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@Endynyp

Ha ha!!!

I agree with you. He looks stupid.

But it doesn't stop me from watching. For me it adds some bizarre vibes to it, ha ha.
      I'm going to have to live vicariously through you. I will await a full and detailed review at a later date.
      “There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable.” – Yuuko Ichihara, xxxHolic

@Endynyp

What do you think about bizarre/surreal/denpa/… anime in general? E.g. FLCL, Yuri Seijin Naoko-san, Humanity Has Declined, Angel's Egg, Cat Soup?

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Hmm this isn't that though. No Guns Life is quality cyberpunk. I initially didn't watch it because of the gun head, but it's an easy thing to get past for the quality of the rest of it. I don't even think it's a minus anymore.

@Momogari

I just wondered, if @Endynyp dislikes bizarre elements in anime in general, or maybe he only dislikes combinations of bizarre and non-bizarre elements, or maybe it's just about this particular anime.

I agree with what you said.

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

I have one "but".

Spoiler:  
      I wish they explained how it is possible to change size. It's happened twice already. Maybe they will explain it later on.
      Aha, now I see.

Spoiler:  
      Hm. He didn't necessarily change size though. The child might have a higher density than his current form.

Bitey

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@Endynyp

What do you think about bizarre/surreal/denpa/… anime in general? E.g. FLCL, Yuri Seijin Naoko-san, Humanity Has Declined, Angel's Egg, Cat Soup?
      @unoduetre I like selected bizarre anime. I'm a fan of the un-fan-thomable. cue groans.

Quote Originally Posted by Momogari View Post
      Hmm this isn't that though. No Guns Life is quality cyberpunk. I initially didn't watch it because of the gun head, but it's an easy thing to get past for the quality of the rest of it. I don't even think it's a minus anymore.

@Momogari

I just wondered, if @Endynyp dislikes bizarre elements in anime in general, or maybe he only dislikes combinations of bizarre and non-bizarre elements, or maybe it's just about this particular anime.

I agree with what you said.

@Momogari and @unoduetre You two really think so? 'cus I have a deep and abiding love for cyberpunk. Is it possible to see past the stupid head? That head is so stupid. So stupid.

But I will give it another go if you think it's worth it.
      “There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable.” – Yuuko Ichihara, xxxHolic

@Endynyp

If the head distracts you so much from the plot, maybe it doesn't make sense to force yourself to watch it.

The thing is, it's not a 100% serious anime, there is some comedy and the comedy also includes his head being a gun. But what Momo said is true. It is cyberpunk. It's not as good as, let's say, Ghost in the Shell and it's not as serious, there is less philosophy etc., it's more just for fun. It's like Blade Runner, but with silly gun as his head and much, much less serious. But it is cyber noir cyberpunk with most elements of the genre.

But if you can think about his head in a similar way as you (I suppose) think about irons in FLCL, give it a go.

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Anime often excels at getting us to suspend disbelief. This goes hand in hand with art. Why should No Guns Life be any different?

I seem to think more of this story so far, too, than Uno does. It's unconventional and I think it's character-driven rather script-driven, which makes it less predictable for people who have been watching anime a long time. It's hard to do that with a good dramatic structure, but it does this well too. The art and theming is very enjoyable, too. It's good cyberpunk imo.

I'd say this show is mostly serious though, with good comedic elements. It's not as complex or intricate as ghost in the shell, but it's still serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Momogari View Post
      Anime often excels at getting us to suspend disbelief. This goes hand in hand with art. Why should No Guns Life be any different?
      EXACTLY!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information