• Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Ascendance of a Bookworm

Spoiler:  
      I WANT CONTRACT MAGIC IRL!!!

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      Information wants to be free. (Stewart Brand)
      The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum容ven encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate. (Noam Chomsky)

Damn, this ep. is so good!

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum容ven encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate. (Noam Chomsky)

Spoiler:  
      HA HA, DOGEZA!

Spoiler:  
      OH YEAH, She's a mage.

Damn, I smell plot now!

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

The plot gets better after this anime will end.
      sig art by miwool with help from poronegi; sticker credits: miwool sazi Yagi the Goat Shironappa

Damn!

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Chapter 90

I must stop and sleep. This life is imperfect.
      sig art by miwool with help from poronegi; sticker credits: miwool sazi Yagi the Goat Shironappa

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

The 90s in the LN are fantastic. The story and world gets much more in depth.

Heres a spoiler that makes you go "huh?":
        Spoiler:  
      Main becomes the director of an orphanage

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

The translation I'm reading from 115ish on is just terrible. This translator seems to have only minor academic knowledge of english. It's almost enough to ruin the story, but I'm close to finishing it, so i shall.

Ok I finished it

Oh, so you read the original novels?

I wonder what's the difference between the novels and the light novels, lol.

Are they a dumbed-down version or what, ha ha!!!

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

I read the entire manga but not the entire LN. The manga and anime were very similar, just minor things left out in the anime. The LN felt very similar but I feel like there might be some differences. For example, Main seems to get the idea for turning her mother's story into a children's book much later in the story, such that it wouldn't even be in the anime. Bigger than that, there was a sentence that implies Main never went to the forest before her baptism, which would be a big change and somewhat concerns me. Not enough to bother finding out though. The LN is very big. It took me 2.5 days to read 71-126, and I was obsessive about it. I feel like I can read 400 pages of a normal novel in the same condition--probably more. If that's true, the entire thing must be over 1200 pages paperback equivalent.

But no, from what I can tell I doubt the manga or anime are dumbed down at all. Both would be better if they ran longer for sure, so they could get to the more interesting parts of the story.

@Momogari

I meant, according to Wikipedia there are both novels (the source material) and light novels. The light novels are probably based on the novels. The author is the same. So I wondered what's the difference?

Are they just a repackaged version of the novels (more volumes, bigger text, illustrations), or it's more than that.

I'm a bit confused what's going on there. I need to check.

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Hmm I didn't realize. I don't know. I can't find any opinions online.

This is something that being literate in Japanese would fix.

Assistant
      Nanidesuka

Happy

Country
      UK
      AL Points

weee!, I lost also... I started yesterday reading the manga from the link @Momogari post all straight to chap 20, and stop coz I had today a Shougi tournament, and need some sleep (even I went quite late to sleep T_T)
      hehehe, @unoduetre in deed, it got a lot of plot!, Anime has show us like NOTHING! (I'm pretty sure 2nd season will follow early next year)

PS: (LN in the way ^_^u )

Manga wa kikenjanai, kedo mugaku desu.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information