• Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Ascendance of a Bookworm

This website is gold: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sh%C5%...a_ni_Nar%C5%8D

I wish I knew Japanese.

I suppose that after buying the rights, the amateur writer gets an editor who helps them to transform the amateur novel into a more professional one. So I suppose there are some changes. Unless the publisher is already happy with the level of writing, but I doubt it.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      Information wants to be free. (Stewart Brand)

Re: Ascendance of a Bookworm

It's about That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime and not about Ascendance of a Bookworm, but this document summarises the differences between the web novel and the light novel. I suppose it's something similar with Ascendance of a Bookworm. It also originated as a web novel (self-published on the same website) and was later bought by a publisher and transformed into a series of light novels.

https://www.docdroid.net/Z1UdzAA/spo...-v2.pdf#page=5

Oh, they say that they have written permission from the author to translate the web novel. I've heard the author doesn't like the idea of the fan translation of the light novels (for obvious reasons), but the author allowed them to translate the web novel. That's cool.

http://gurotranslation.blogspot.com/p/ioduction.html

On the Internet there are some comments that LNs sometimes tone down and dumb down stuff. So I suppose they're probably better written (because the editor), but maybe less edgy. E.g. some more violent deaths can be toned down, or the characters can be made more standard for a light novel etc.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      Information wants to be free. (Stewart Brand)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information