• Achy
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arty
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bitey
  • Cocky
  • Content
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Doh!
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Friendly
  • Fussy
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Horny
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Laughing
  • Loved
  • Ninja'ed
  • No Mood
  • Pervy
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Results 1 to 6 of 6

    1. #1
      Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ
       
      Depressed
       
      Expendable's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Country
      USA
      Posts
      13,001
      Blog Entries
      9
      AL Points
      33,899

      [D] FIVES: Genres

      What do your favorite animes (or mangas) share in common? Are they scifi? Slice of life? Drama? Romantic Comedy? Fantasy? Supernatural?

      Tell us here!

      1. Science Fiction - got to love science fiction.
      2. Military - especially ships.
      3. Slice of Life - getting a peek into someone's life is always revealing
      4. Romantic Comedy - I really like it when it's fun.
      5. Supernatural - While I'm not keen on zombies, just about anything else is easy to throw my way.

    2. #2
      [-]
      R.I.P. Beex cat :(
       
      Awesome
       
      Beex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Country
      USA
      Posts
      6,592
      AL Points
      42,431

      Re: [D] FIVES: Genres

      Slice of Life
      Comedy/Romantic
      Sci-fi
      Supernatural
      Magical Girl

      No real order here. A lot of shows I like fit into more than one of these categories.
      "Cats should stick with other cats, it's only natural."


      Sig by Ioreth

      A&M ~ Hogwart's Clan ~ GD


    3. #3

      Re: [D] FIVES: Genres

      Philosophical - (by this I mean anime which says something interesting about more general stuff beyond its direct elements like characters and what they do)

      In no particular order:

      Sci-fi - (many sci-fi has philosophical elements as well, e.g. when they show live on other planets, aliens or how technology can change people's lives)
      Supernatural - (some supernatural anime also has philosophical elements, e.g. when they show how the world would look like and how people would live, if superpowers, magic, demons or other weird things existed)
      Fantasy - (but not things like isekai, not game-like fantasy etc., some fantasy anime also has philosophical elements, e.g. when they show an alternative reality, like what would happen, how people would live, if magic existed in the world or different intelligent races with different lifespans etc.)
      Magical girl - (you get the idea, right? I also like that magical girl anime often go deeper into the psychology of the characters, they are often given an important choice etc.)

      So in general anime which is non-realistic, but which says something important about the real world.



      I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      Information wants to be free. (Stewart Brand)

    4. #4
      Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ
       
      Depressed
       
      Expendable's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Country
      USA
      Posts
      13,001
      Blog Entries
      9
      AL Points
      33,899

      Re: [D] FIVES: Genres

      Quote Originally Posted by Beex View Post
      Slice of Life
      Comedy/Romantic
      Sci-fi
      Supernatural
      Magical Girl

      No real order here. A lot of shows I like fit into more than one of these categories.
      Yup, many anime have overlapping genres.

      Quote Originally Posted by unoduetre View Post
      Philosophical - (by this I mean anime which says something interesting about more general stuff beyond its direct elements like characters and what they do)

      In no particular order:

      Sci-fi - (many sci-fi has philosophical elements as well, e.g. when they show live on other planets, aliens or how technology can change people's lives)
      Supernatural - (some supernatural anime also has philosophical elements, e.g. when they show how the world would look like and how people would live, if superpowers, magic, demons or other weird things existed)
      Fantasy - (but not things like isekai, not game-like fantasy etc., some fantasy anime also has philosophical elements, e.g. when they show an alternative reality, like what would happen, how people would live, if magic existed in the world or different intelligent races with different lifespans etc.)
      Magical girl - (you get the idea, right? I also like that magical girl anime often go deeper into the psychology of the characters, they are often given an important choice etc.)

      So in general anime which is non-realistic, but which says something important about the real world.
      Nice! So something like Sands of Destruction anime would fit?

    5. #5

      Re: [D] FIVES: Genres

      Quote Originally Posted by Expendable View Post
      Nice! So something like Sands of Destruction anime would fit?
      Oh, I haven't seen it! I'll take a look. Thanks!



      I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      Information wants to be free. (Stewart Brand)

    6. #6
      Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ
       
      Depressed
       
      Expendable's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Country
      USA
      Posts
      13,001
      Blog Entries
      9
      AL Points
      33,899

      Re: [D] FIVES: Genres

      Hope you like it!

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Animeleague Uses Cookies!
    We use cookies to store session information to remember your login information, to save your website preferences, to provide other functions such as our chat room and to analyse our web traffic. Read our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy.
    Please let us know your cookie preferences.