• Sad
  • Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Thank You For Attending! Give Us Your Reactions, Feedback & Highlights!

Quote Originally Posted by kuroakita View Post
      Apologies but i uh, don't think i was referring to you? Im reffering to the tall guy with glasses (if that was you i am so sorry).
      That was me, and I'm a trans woman, not a guy. And thank you for your apology

And I have taken your comments on board.
      Vampire Clan Joint Leader - Alcon 2018

Vampire Clan Leader - Alcon 2019 - Winning Clan of 2019

Bitey

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Maybe if people want the Mario kart drinking game it could just be an event in the games room instead?
      It already has it set up and can swap players easily each race if others want to join

@kuroakita
      Iím hoping to do clan leader again next year n the plan atm is to sort out some games with clear winners, 1 or 2 with audience cheers maybe but that is always based on how many of that clan are present
      If I start now then I have plenty of time lol
      Bleed for me
      Scream for me
      Love and Worship me

The Era Of Vampires Has Begun

@kuroakita
      Iím hoping to do clan leader again next year n the plan atm is to sort out some games with clear winners, 1 or 2 with audience cheers maybe but that is always based on how many of that clan are present
      If I start now then I have plenty of time lol[/QUOTE]

Ah sick, that would IMO be definately the best way to win. I think the clan war should definately give a good amount of points for a comeback, but i think they should be split for each event so that a clan thats i last cant immedaitely comeback from winning some of the games.

Hello, Byciek here, I'm that stage crew guy who was trying to take pictures without blocking the view.
      I apologise if I accidentally blocked view for too long, I was trying to avoid doing that as much as I could.

I took tons of pictures this year and I'm slowly going through all of them in the evenings after work. I already have send Mel few samples for approval (it's my first time editing raw pictures) so as I'm grasping Lightroom as fast as I can, hopefully, start publishing galleries next week.

It's just very time consuming to go through almost 4500 pictures but if you want me to get your picture ready ahead of full gallery you can PM me and I will see what I can do 😅

As for actual feedback I will give some later 😛

Administrator
      I got this!

Angry

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone here for their feedback. It's great to see that the vast majority of you seem to have had a good time and enjoyed yourselves.

Last year, we were sure to take all feedback on board and look for specific ways to improve. In a similar fashion, I'd like to go over the main points and what we shall be looking to do to improve things for next year.

A Wider Variety of dealers - While due to the space constraints of this new setup we can not massively increase the number of dealers, we shall be looking at bringing in a wider variety of exhibitors. This shall be done by two means; firstly by speaking to our long-time traders and giving them specific suggestions on what stock they could look at to bring in more variety. We shall also be speaking to shops and traders across the country who have not done our events before and encouraging them to look at booking with us.

VIP Meet and Greet - Was not at the standard we wanted it to be at this year. The location in the panels area isn't really suitable. Going forward we shall most likely use the anime screening room for this and change the room in to an intimidate environment. We shall most likely also put this on for the Saturday so that more of our guests can make this one (such as Jollyboat etc).

Timetable Scheduling - While better this year, there is still work to be done here. We shall make it clearer to every panelist when they go on that they need to finish 10 minutes early to allow change-over. Some events on main stage will also be changed around in times and how long they last for to reduce overruns.

Stage Events - This has been mostly addressed by Mel and Grace, but it's likely that several events will be removed entirely or revamped for next year (Mario Kart Drinking game for example, Epic Rap Battles of Anime and Yaoi v Yuri will likely go). As per this year we'll also again be looking to bring on at least 4 brand new events and again shall be looking at foreign based cons and your ideas for inspiration!

Presenting and Entertaining - We shall also be looking at bringing in at least one additional presenter next year and make sure that the team is briefed to not allow dead-space between events on stage. This will involve more filler content being pre-prepared and the basics such as reminding attendees what is coming up and going on elsewhere. We'd also like to invite people who are entertaining, but maybe not necessarily want to crew to get more involved with stage events. For example, @TheBurgerKing runs the pub quiz, we may look at others being given the chance to run/host their own events as well here.

Professionalism in published materials - While we feel the conbook was vastly improved over last year, the number of spelling mistakes was still unacceptable. This is usually due to time-constraints at our end. We shall be recruiting more behind the scenes staff for next year between events to help with this, so hopefully this will be improved next time around.

Phone App - Was in it's alpha build for this one. It will be 100% completed for both Android and iOS for 2020 and have a lot more features. You can read the full game-plan for that at www.animeleague.app

Signage - While better than last year, we'll be getting more big banners printed so it becomes even more obvious for people where everything is! This will include banners for assassins signups, pokemon signups, VG signups etc etc.

Panels & Guests - Far better this year, with everything mostly happening as opposed to being cancelled. We shall be building on this for next year and be looking more some more named guests for next year to see more interest here (if possible).

Kickout for parties - This is sadly necessary due to venue security reasons as everyone needs to be IDed to ensure parties are 18+. We'll be making people more aware of the 8:30pm kickout beforehand and not just on the day. It's likely the kickout will also be changed from 8:30 to slightly earlier at 7, so that evening activities can properly begin at 7:30 as opposed to 9. This also makes more sense as people would likely want to go for food about 7 as well. We may (and I stress may as this hasn't been decided yet) also put Karaoke on the main stage from 7:30pm to 10pm and have the next door be used instead of karaoke as a chill-space for late night board gaming (which I feel might go down better here?). We can also look at the ending times being slightly later to still fit in the same amount of party content but no promises here.

Liberty Accommodation Management - While less issues than last year, there was some issues here, especially with the fire alarm matter on Thursday (though this couldn't be helped much sadly). We'll be ensuring we are all over Liberty staff on Thursday and Friday and pretty much run through a check list of what they need to be kept on top of. We'll also ensure we are about for all day Thursday and Friday to ensure everyone checks in smoothly and help to ensure Liberty sort out any issues fully. We will also be feedbacking to them about the issues and indeed things they said they'd do which they didn't such as kettles and finding out what happened there.

Planning for next year's Alcon has already begun, fingers crossed we'll be running next year (I am awaiting for several confirmations currently), and I hope this answers most people's points. If there are any that I have missed out then don't hesitate to bring them up here. Likewise do feel free to comment and give your thoughts on the above planned changes. Once more, thank you everyone for attending and for your feedback!
      ---

~Purrrrfect~

Happy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Still waiting for my "table top breakfast". Anyways well done all and thank you very much for all the critiques and compliments glad ALcon went so well this year *purr*

I'm sat by the window on the train dude so you have space!!

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I have to say this years Alcon was the best I have attended by far. The new layout for the building was a lot better than last year's so it was easier to find everything. As a performer and panellist at the con I had a very good experience and hope it continues that way next year.

I think my only con is not having someone moderate panels. I hosted the idol panel and covered for Grace on her social media panel and I was waiting around for an extra 10 minutes for both of my panels because the panel before ran over. I think that's what contributed to having no one turn up for the social media panel. Having a member of staff there to moderate and help with tech issues would be brilliant!

I also have to agree with having more filler entertainment on the stage such as announcing other things going on in the con. I noticed there was dead space on the stage between acts so the crowd would empty pretty quickly.

And also in terms of Liberty I don't understand people's need for a kettle. People have to realise that Liberty is a uni accommodation and all of the basic kitchen utensils are wwhat students have to provide themselves so that'll be why we didn't get kettles etc
      If the halls can't provide them next year then be prepared to bring your own. I'm sure you can buy one for less than a tenner.

Keep up the good work AL!
      Jenny Hayes🖤JennyInTokyo🖤UK idol

Administrator
      I got this!

Angry

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Thank you everyone for your feedback. We shall be closing this topic tomorrow so if anyone wants to add any further feedback please do so shortly.
      ---

It took me a while to find my thoughts but ive finally found the time to put my feedback in:

Pros:
      Everything in one building meant it felt a lot more relaxed and no rushing about between buildings to get to things on time.

I think my Baka No Gameshow went well this year, the contestants I spoke to during the rest of the Con (pirates) said they really enjoyed it. A few rounds didn't go as expected, they were just too good during the sour round, the rascals, so a few tweaks are needed to make it even better.

Jollyboat were a delight as always.

Having the store and food court open was great so I didn't need to leave the convention area to hunt down food in the middle of the day.

Staff were all very pleasant.

Cons:

Boardgame area was great but being kicked out and not being able to play card/board games in the evening was upsetting. I much prefer a quiet drink and a chat over a game or two than loud parties and I've been able to do that every year except this one. It meant I was heading home by 9pm. Sad times.

The panel area was completely inappropriate. You couldn't hear people because of the noise around and people just seemed to pass by it. Panels should be in their own room. By Sunday I think people had given up on the panel area. I know i couldnt run my panel as there was not enough people to rake part.

The whole VIP panel was sad and pathetic. I was really angry about that, especially after last year's feedback and suggestions. People started leaving as soon as they realised nothing had actually been planned. No one told the clan leaders that nothing had been planned so we ended up having to improvise. I felt embarrassed to be there. This is not the "VIP Experience" I paid for. It should have been in its own private room at the very least, not in between the dealers and the food court. In fact I don't think the VIP ticket was worth it at all this year. Didn't need to reserve the front row in the stage coz every time I went it was mostly empty. The only time the seats seemed full was for Jollyboat.

Far fewer panel guests. Too many loud music acts.

No Abridgers this year. It felt like the life and soul of Alcon was missing.

No crafting workshops this year. I always enjoyed some quiet time doing a bit of arts and crafts. Missed that this year.

The Final Clan Battle wasn't well organised, again I had to help improvise some things to do. And it was left down to biggest cheers. Considering the audience was half empty, I don't think that really worked.

All in all, Friday and Saturday were great but Sunday left me on a downer. I remember in it's hay day when the whole bar area was full of people watching and cheering for shows and panels. The charity auctions would make thousands, not jut £800. There was barely anyone there this year. It's sad, but if it wasn't for the friends I only get to meet at Alcon, I'd seriously be considering making this my last one.

Sailing the good ship Destiel!

"Keelhaul the filthy landlubber, send him down to the depths below. Make that b*****d walk the plank, with a bottle of rum and a YO HO HO!" ~ Alestorm
      "We are here to drink your beer and steel your rum at the point of a gun! Your alcohol to us will fall, 'cause we are here to drink your beer! DRINK!!" ~ Alestorm

The Orange Idol~
      Keep On Keep On, You Only Live Once

Amused

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMarina View Post
      The whole VIP panel was sad and pathetic. I was really angry about that, especially after last year's feedback and suggestions. People started leaving as soon as they realised nothing had actually been planned. No one told the clan leaders that nothing had been planned so we ended up having to improvise. I felt embarrassed to be there. This is not the "VIP Experience" I paid for. It should have been in its own private room at the very least, not in between the dealers and the food court. In fact I don't think the VIP ticket was worth it at all this year. Didn't need to reserve the front row in the stage coz every time I went it was mostly empty. The only time the seats seemed full was for Jollyboat.
      As both a guest at the con and also a member of staff, I did make my own notes of the VIP event and I can already say that me and one of the senior staff members are already working together to improve the VIP Meet & Greet for future events. If you have any ideas that you think we should consider, please message me.
      ~UK Based Idol~
      ~Member of One Wish~
      COME JOIN THE DISNEY CLAN!!!
      ~Video Gaming HMod / Chatroom Mod / Cosplay, Arts & Writing Mod / Disney Queen / Ravenclaw Head Girl~
      Feel free to ask me anything!

Spoiler:  

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Queen of AL~
      no, needs more!

Awesome

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

@AquaMarina most of the points you brought up are things we will improve next year Read @Ferefire post

Six Nations time

Angry

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

my review of ALcon is here

https://magpodcast.co.uk/alcon-revival/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information