• zzzz
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Meow!

Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Re: [Casual RP] The Silk Road [SF]

Unaware that events were unfolding that perhaps might bring a great deal of unexpected adventure to her humble place of employment, Kat continued to serve the various customers along with the other staff, while Nick continued his conversation with his unusual guests and Julie kept an eye on the overall operations. As for Kat she wondered what it would be like to live a more adventuress life such as Nick's companions and some of the other space-faring patrons their tonight had done. Often she had looked out from the viewing ports of the station and thought about what it might be like to travel among the stars. But of course that was just a dream. She shook away her daydreaming and continued to serve, but the dreams of adventure ever lay tucked away at the back of her mind.

Perhaps someday...

Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

The Monitor was waiting for Kat outside Nick's. He/She/It was wearing a big-headed smiling hologram, looking like a giant bobble-head.

"Miss?" It inquired as she stepped outside the door after the end of her shift. "I'd like you to come with me, if you please." Its tiny arm pointed towards a door of a dark limousine waiting down the street. "This should only take a few minutes."

Meow!

Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Kat looked a bit startled and not a little cautious at being so addressed by a stranger in such a manner, robotic or otherwise. She wasn't quite sure what to make of the strange looking Monitor and looked at the limousine in some doubt.

"I'm sorry," She said politely to The Monitor with a cautious look around to see if they were alone, "But I'm not sure I understand what this is about?"

It had already been a strange evening as is and she was tired after her shift and wanted to get home to get an early start on the next day. On the other hand she didn't want to be rude and certainly if this was some sort of official inquiry she didn't want to get into trouble. She looked rather confused by it all really as she waited for some sort of explanation.

Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

"There are some questions," the monitor said. "However, it is preferred that you enter the vehicle."

It paused, then said, "Compensation for your time will be provided."

Ahead of them, the rear passenger door opened quietly.

"Please come this way?" the Monitor asked.

Meow!

Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Kat hesitated she didn't want to be get in trouble for disobeying but she also wished someone was there with her. She shifted her feet pensively.

"It doesn't seem like I have much choice in the matter does it?" She said rhetorically with a soft little sigh. "All right I'll come quietly."

For now at least it seemed the best thing to do. She followed the directions of the Monitor and walked over to the Limo, she held onto her things tightly as she got in and then looked around to see where she was now and whom she might be dealing with. She was still wondering what they would want with a simple waitress like herself, she couldn't imagine why and that in itself was a bit worrying. For now though she had no choice but to go along with it until she could figure out what was going on.

Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

The figure waiting for her in the car was a solid shadow, no discernible features except for some tuffs of curly hair. When they spoke, even their voice was modulated.

"You are one of the staff members of Nick's Terran Cafe?" it asked in a distorted buzzy voice. "Two Valkyriis entered the establishment, you were viewed serving one of them. One of them stayed behind. We wish to know why? Does this have anything to do with Blackjack?"

Meow!

Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Kat regarded the shadowy figure wearily and was silent for a moment before speaking in a soft but dignified voice, keeping her tone respectful but no more then that.

"I'm certain," She said, meeting the shadowy figure's gaze squarely (or at least where she imagined it's eyes should be), "That any such questions are better asked of the parties concerned, and not a simple waitress such as myself."

She allowed herself a tight little momentary smile before continuing in her prim precise tones, quite a bit different from the usual cheerful tones with which she greeted patrons of the cafe.

"Simply put, I bring the customers their drinks, take their orders, and clean up after them. I'm not payed to keep track of their conversations, relationships or movements and so can tell you nothing in that regard. Now..."

Her she moved her hand to the door of the limo and continued.

"Unless you have any questions that deal with my direct duties as a waitress I believe we are done here. You needn't bother about me, I can see myself home."

She made to exit the limo and paused to add,

"And you needn't bother about any sort of 'compensation' for my time," Here again that tight little smile. "Nick pays his staff very well. Good night."

And attempted to exit the limo, hoping the uncomfortable interview was at an end and she would be free to go.

Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

The figure laughed, a rough sound like a guitar being smashed over a drum set, then decided to lounge back.

"Nick certainly hires his staff with spunk," it said, then its tone became serious. "I commend your misplaced loyalty, we can certainly arrange for you to leave quickly. For failing in cooperating with my investigation, I can have the Monitor outside put you on the next transport to Hohrunk."

The figure raised its hand dismissively.

Meow!

Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Kat turned her head to look at The Figure and frowned.

"I'm sure," She said softly, "That the Monitors are not in the habit of arresting the innocent," she paused to give a small smile for a moment. "I've told you what I know, I'm sorry if it wasn't what you were hoping for."

She gave a small shrug of her shoulders.

"I can't tell you what I don't know."

Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

"It was reported that after serving Nick some coffee, you were called over to the table and there was gesturing at the Valkyrii who stayed behind with Nick," the shadowy figure rasped in its electronic voice as a video of the scene played itself in front of it.

"Answer me truthfully, or you'll discover yourself on that shuttle within the hour. What was discussed?"

"Serena!" The Monitor called out as their door was abruptly opened by Nick, who swore.
      "Serena?!" Nick growled. "I should have known. Is this what you're doing now, waylaying the people that work for me? If you've got a question, why don't you just ask me?"
      "Because I'd like a straight answer," Serena retorted, the shadow stripping away to reveal a woman with dark blue skin and tiny sparkles on her skin that some would mistake for glitter. She glanced past Nick at the Valkyrii. "So, is she here to finish the job?"
      "Eh?" Nick demanded, glancing behind him at Rion, who had a gun out pointing at the rear window. "Put that away! Something happens to her, and we'd be lucky if this place spits us out into space!"

Rion frowned, but lowered her weapon.

"Look, I just hired her on as a bodyguard. I asked Kat to take her shopping so she doesn't look like she does now."
      "And why do you need a bodyguard, Nick?" Serena demanded, stepping out of her limo.
      "Got some business coming up and they're not the friendly sort."
      "It's the Union, isn't it? You got out Nick! Why poke the bear?"
      "I've got my reasons," Nick growled. He glanced over the roof at Kat, and nodded his head sidways at the intersection. "Get goin', Kat. Me and the ladies have some talking to do."
      Last edited by Expendable; 10-09-2019 at 06:34 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information