• Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts

Synopsis (from MAL):

During a protracted civil war that pitted the North against the South, the outnumbered Northerners used dark magical arts to create monstrous super-soldiers—Incarnates. Now that the war has ended, those Sacred Beasts must learn how to make their way in a peaceful society, or face death at the hands of a Beast Hunter...

Nancy Schaal Bancroft, the daughter of an Incarnate soldier who met an untimely end at the hands of one such Beast Hunter, turns to hunting the hunter herself. But once she catches up with her quarry, she discovers hard truths about the lives of the Incarnates...
      Last edited by unoduetre; 07-25-2019 at 08:41 AM.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      Information wants to be free. (Stewart Brand)
      The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum容ven encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate. (Noam Chomsky)

Re: To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts

A better plot starts from the second ep.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum容ven encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate. (Noam Chomsky)

I like how eyes of characters are drawn in this.

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

the first episode is annoying. So much drama, so little time. So many battles, so little strategy. So much personality driving dialogue that's just one step away from exposition--which is even more annoying than exposition just because it's a gold foil trash bag of storycrafting--for it feels like an entire goddamn episode.

This better plot starting from the second episode better be good.

ok that's too harsh. it's good so far. but that was annoying to me.
      sig art by miwool with help from poronegi; sticker credits: miwool sazi Yagi the Goat Shironappa

Yeah, after the first ep. I thought it's a droppable anime. But I watched the second one and changed my mind.

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Yeah, the second episode ended well.

Mmm, those blue eyes.
      sig art by miwool with help from poronegi; sticker credits: miwool sazi Yagi the Goat Shironappa

Ep. 5

Cain has an interesting surname.

Oh, so there is a …

I didn't expect that. I thought the beasts will be more animal-like. Well … is kinda animal like to some degree.

I always liked stories about … Good!

Ep. 6

Damn, this got good!

@Momogari

The beginning of this anime was not so good, then it improved, but I think you might be pretty satisfied after watching this ep.

I'm really happy now I didn't drop it at the early stage.

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by unoduetre View Post
      @Momogari

The beginning of this anime was not so good, then it improved, but I think you might be pretty satisfied after watching this ep.
      I watched the first two episodes. I was going to keep watching it but I guess I could have just forgotten. I'll get to watching it, since you say so.

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

ep 4

yeah, those eyes are just so blue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information