• Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Bem

Spoiler:  
      That was too obvious.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      Information wants to be free. (Stewart Brand)

Ep. 7

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)

I enjoy the atmosphere in this show, but I am not happy about its episodic nature. It would be much better, if there were a single plot.

Oh, genetically modified pets.

It's sad, but I'm pretty sure they gonna appear sooner or later.

It reminds me of pugs.

Ep. 8

Hmm this episode is pretty dumb, if you asked me.

Bitey

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I'm caught up and I agree. Also just generally, I think the villains are wrong for the tone of this show.
      “There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable.” – Yuuko Ichihara, xxxHolic

Well, I only think the last ep. was dumb. The earlier ones were ok. There were better and worse eps.

Yeah, sometimes things get too simple (especially the villains) and sometimes things actually get complicated (like the guy who thinks one of the main characters killed his father). It's uneven between eps.

But sometimes the seriousness of the music doesn't match what we see on the screen, which makes it disappointing at these moments.

On the other hand I appreciate the fact that they've shown pure visual ugliness (and not something that pretends to be it) in the anime world full of moe and beautiful characters.

I think the thing I dislike the most about this show is the fact that it's episodic and a villain of the week show. It'd be much better, if it were non-episodic.

Bitey

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I like the episodic nature of it. I think it fits with the detective-i-ness (technical term ) And you are totally right about the ugliness, I love it. I still hate the villains.
      “There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable.” – Yuuko Ichihara, xxxHolic

Oh, that's interesting. I generally dislike episodic shows and I consider it a minus in how I evaluate shows. It seems for you it can be a plus. I don't think it can ever be a plus for me.

Ep. 9

Spoiler:  
      This guy is fishy as f…

This was really weak.

I think I might drop it soon.

Bitey

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by unoduetre View Post
      Oh, that's interesting. I generally dislike episodic shows and I consider it a minus in how I evaluate shows. It seems for you it can be a plus. I don't think it can ever be a plus for me.
      Yea, it depends on the show. More than anything, I like shows to stick to one or the other. Nothing makes me crazier then when an episodic kind of show decides to have a story arc at the last minute.

Ep. 10

Damn, it's becoming more and more dumb.

Spoiler:  
      Sure, she'll give him all power. Yeah, that's a good idea to ask for power from the ruler. I'm 100% this is how people get power.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information