• Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Returning to the fold...

Hiya Cat or @ChoticFeline welcome to AL,

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticFeline View Post
      I hate talking about myself so I wasn't going to make one of these, but I was encouraged to, so here it is.

I've been MIA for years (I'm not going to put why here), I would log in every now and then, but never felt like sticking around. Until now that is, hopefully this feeling will last.

• My name is Catherine (you can use that/Cat or my username), I'm 903* and a scouser.
      • I'm a shy/awkward little bean who can take almost forever answering messages, so I'm going to apologise in advance for that.
      • I'm a gamer, I prefer single player games but I'll occasionally play RE5/6 co-op.
      • I'm an anime/manga fan (otherwise I wouldn't be here), but Bungou Stray Dogs is the only thing I've watched in the last few years, so I'm open to suggestions.
      • I enjoy graphic design, Creative Arts & Writing is where I was most active and what I missed most about this place (and is probably the reason I'm back tbh).
      • I have two cats, who I'm always taking pictures of because they're so pretty and I can't help myself.

I can't think of anything else to say so I'm just going to stop, if you have any questions ask away.

*cookies for anyone who gets this.
      Nice presentation, I do like also J/RPG's both Table top ( paper and dices, & VG ) playing more VG like Octopath Traveller (Switch Version) . now it's in Steam, so more reachable for everyone who don't have/wanna a NSW :p

I love Cats also, but sadly here in UK, I can't own none. TT__TT How do you recognise each? in that pic they look pretty much twins. hehehe

have a fab seeking for post to answer and participate at AL.

Manga wa kikenjanai, kedo mugaku desu.

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Endynyp
      They're lucky, if they weren't cute I'd have sent them back to their original owner.

I just finished watching it yesterday, got through it over the weekend. I enjoyed it, I really liked the characters (Watanuki and Mokona did annoy me at times but not enough to dislike them) and I found most episodes quite interesting. The animation did look especially bad at times (mostly in the later episodes), but in general I liked it. The only thing I didn't really like was the last episode, it seemed more filler than finale so I thought it was an odd choice to put it at the end.

I thought the DLC episodes were just prologues/epilogues and had very little to do with the main storyline, to find out they're basically plot hole fillers is really disappointing. When I bought the game I was going to just get the base game but was convinced to get the Royal Edition, I'm so glad I did now. And to hear the world is tiny makes it worse, hopefully it is at least better than 13.

The all male cast never bothered me tbh, I don't consider it any different to X-2 (which I don't recall anyone having a problem with). I could understand if the series had a history of excluding women, but it doesn't. I could even understand if the cast was larger, nine characters and not a single woman would be a bit suspect, but four seems reasonable to me.

Cindy on the other hand, I do understand people having an issue with her. The first female 'Cid' (to my knowledge), and that's what they put her in? This doesn't bother me either, but I get it. I imagine Cindy's design makes the all male cast even worse.

Ekkun
      Thank you.

I've been wanting to try table top games because they sound like a lot of fun, but unfortunately I have no-one to play with. I hadn't heard of Octopath Traveller but it looks good, I'll have to add it to my Steam wishlist and hope for a sale.

Aww that's a shame, do you live somewhere that doesn't allow pets? It is difficult to tell in that pic, Harley (right) is bigger than Minnie (left), she doesn't go out a lot so she doesn't get as much exercise. Minnie's eyes are slightly greener than Harley's, and their cries are different pitches. They have to have different coloured collars just so the rest of the family can tell them apart.

Sam: "How do you sleep at night?"
      Bela: "On silk sheets, rolling naked in money."

Bitey

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticFeline View Post
      Endynyp
      They're lucky, if they weren't cute I'd have sent them back to their original owner.

I just finished watching it yesterday, got through it over the weekend. I enjoyed it, I really liked the characters (Watanuki and Mokona did annoy me at times but not enough to dislike them) and I found most episodes quite interesting. The animation did look especially bad at times (mostly in the later episodes), but in general I liked it. The only thing I didn't really like was the last episode, it seemed more filler than finale so I thought it was an odd choice to put it at the end.

I thought the DLC episodes were just prologues/epilogues and had very little to do with the main storyline, to find out they're basically plot hole fillers is really disappointing. When I bought the game I was going to just get the base game but was convinced to get the Royal Edition, I'm so glad I did now. And to hear the world is tiny makes it worse, hopefully it is at least better than 13.

The all male cast never bothered me tbh, I don't consider it any different to X-2 (which I don't recall anyone having a problem with). I could understand if the series had a history of excluding women, but it doesn't. I could even understand if the cast was larger, nine characters and not a single woman would be a bit suspect, but four seems reasonable to me.

Cindy on the other hand, I do understand people having an issue with her. The first female 'Cid' (to my knowledge), and that's what they put her in? This doesn't bother me either, but I get it. I imagine Cindy's design makes the all male cast even worse.

Ekkun
      Thank you.

I've been wanting to try table top games because they sound like a lot of fun, but unfortunately I have no-one to play with. I hadn't heard of Octopath Traveller but it looks good, I'll have to add it to my Steam wishlist and hope for a sale.

Aww that's a shame, do you live somewhere that doesn't allow pets? It is difficult to tell in that pic, Harley (right) is bigger than Minnie (left), she doesn't go out a lot so she doesn't get as much exercise. Minnie's eyes are slightly greener than Harley's, and their cries are different pitches. They have to have different coloured collars just so the rest of the family can tell them apart.
      It's official. You're my people.

Re: xxxHolic Yea, I totally get it about Watanuki and Mokona (especially Watanuki, he can be bit irritating when he gets around Himawari). I live for Yuuko though. Mokona is my spirit animal and she is my aspirational self. The series stops well before the manga does. The last episode makes more sense in the context of what comes next. It makes me wonder if they thought they were going to get renewed and then didn't. Finally, the art, google mannerist paintings. I feel like this was an expiriment with mannerism in anime. Especially the elongated necks and limbs.

Re: FFXV. I didn't realize you hadn't played it yet! I'm sorry!!!

I'm sure you'll have a better experience than I did. As for the all male cast, it's not necessarily the lack of representation (though it would be if there was a bad history here). it's really that this reads like a drive down to machismo-ville, and if you're going to do that in a game, let there be a female character who explores her machismo too. It's a missed opportunity and it just contributes to the feeling that the game is underdeveloped.

As for Cindy, I'm not too bothered by the outfit. I would be if they didn't have Gladiolus running about half naked the whole time, but as long as it hits both sides of the divide that's fine by me. Equal exploitation!!! I'm more bothered by her accent. You'll see what I mean.

Now forget everything I just said and enter with an open mind.
      “There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable.” – Yuuko Ichihara, xxxHolic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information