• Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Summer 2019 Anime Summaries and Recommendations

THIS IS FINISHED!!!

There are no spoilers here, I've just used the spoiler tags.

The part outside the spoiler tags is relatively neutral. The part inside is my personal opinion.

If you have any questions about a particular anime I can answer them. If you disagree with anything, let me know.

Anime for gamers

Do You Like Your Mom? Her Normal Attack is Two Attacks at Full Power

Isekai. Game. Ecchi. Magic. Mother. What would happen, if you got isekaied into a fantasy game, but with your mum?

Spoiler:  
      ❤️ Isekai. And I like it. I think it means something. I like it because it makes fun of many things I also make fun of, but you might like it because of mom's tits. You decide. I gonna watch it because it makes me laugh.

Isekai Cheat Magician

Isekai. Magic. Girlfriend.

Spoiler:  
      Isekai. This is watchable, but that's all.

Maou-sama, Retry!

Isekai. Game-like. Magic. Child. Loli. Moe.

Spoiler:  
      Isekai. This is borderline cancer.

Nakanohito Genome [Jikkyouchuu]

Game. Survival. Let's players will now play with their lives at stake.

Spoiler:  
      ❌ For gamers.

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest

Game-like. Magic school. Fantasy.

Spoiler:  
      ❌ It's almost a game. They even have stats as numbers and skills as icons.

Anime for other people

Vinland Saga

Historical. Adventure. Drama. Amazing art and animation. Great background music. Realistic characters. Vikings and their society! A story from old times when battles were still won by the bravest warriors. The manga has won Japan Media Arts Festival Grand Prize in 2009. From the author of Planetes. Do you need anything else?

Spoiler:  
      ❤️❤️ Probably the best anime of this season. I am usually not a fan of historical stuff, but VIKINGS!!!!! VIKINGS!!!!! I gonna watch it.

Wasteful Days of High School Girl

Comedy. School. Great OP. This show has great camera work and interesting characters. Trying to match characters to archetypes by giving them funny nicknames. Not all of them might be happy about it.

Spoiler:  
      ❤️ Toast of Tardiness (oh wait, there is more)? College women preferences? A chuunibyou? A loli? A serious person? A robot? I'm in. This is funny and I gonna watch it.

Maidens of the Savage Season

Slice of life. Coming of Age. School. A group of girls from the literature club suddenly becomes interested in sex. But first they need some experience… (This isn't ecchi!)

Spoiler:  
      ❤️ Sex! I gonna watch it. (Because it makes me laugh. And also because of Hitoha Hongō. Hitoha Hongō is great!)

Cop Craft

Noir moe anime. Police. Crime. Procedural drama. Fantasy. Reverse isekai. Wait, what? Let's watch how real police detectives solve their cases. It doesn't matter from which world they are, does it?

Spoiler:  
      ❤️ I like it! Shield of law, protection of the war god! I gonna watch it.

Granbelm

Magic. Mecha. What would happen, if you put magical girls inside mecha? You don't know? Watch this anime to find out! And chibi-mecha.

Spoiler:  
      ❤️ The first episode was fine, but it all depends, whether they focus on random fights or the story. They do focus on the story. I gonna watch it.

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts

Fantasy. War. Military. Western. Mutants. What to do with powerful mutant soldiers after the war is over?

Spoiler:  
      ❤️ I'll tell you what. Kill them all. It can turn out good or bad. I have no idea yet. I might watch it depending on how it turns out.It turned out to be good. I gonna watch it.

Lord El-Melloi II Case Files: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note

Magic. Mystery. Mansions. Architecture. Aristocracy. Amazing art and animation. The interiors are breathtaking. If you know the TYPE-MOON universe and you've seen some anime from the Fate series, this might be even more interesting for you.

Spoiler:  
      ❤️ This is a great anime. It's good to know something about the Fate series, but it's possible to enjoy it even if you don't. I gonna watch it. (Maybe I'll watch something else from the Fate series to get some background.)

Bem

Horror. Police. Episodic. Remake of Humanoid Monster Bem. Amazing art and animation. Amazing music.

Spoiler:  
      ❤️ I hope it won't be episodic. Unfortunately it is episodic. But it's good so far. I gonna watch it.

Fire Brigade of Flames

Action. Fights. (Fire fights as well ) Supernatural. Amazing art and animation. Ass kicking. Let me show you how it is done and who is a better fire fighter. Going over 9000.

Spoiler:  
      ❤️ Wanna see some great animated fire and how some asses get kicked and some people get saved (well, let's not exaggerate about the saving part )? I do. I gonna watch it.

Machikado Mazoku

Comedy. Yonkoma. Supernatural. School. A demon girl must murder a magical girl. But they might become friends instead.

Spoiler:  
      ❤️ I really like the art in this! I gonna watch it.

How Many Kilograms are the Dumbbells You Lift?

Comedy. Gym. Muscled bodies. Muscles. A group of girls joins a gym for different reasons. One just wants to lose some weight. Another one is fascinated by muscled bodies. How many kilograms can you bench-press? Do you remember to eat properly? Wanna learn some new exercises which would double your muscle mass? Wanna observe muscles growing? Just watch this anime and exercise together with the characters.

Spoiler:  
      ❤️ Proper exercising is important. You can also fap to muscled bodies, if that's what you like to do. I gonna watch it.

Given

Music. Handsome boys in a band. Great art and animation, especially related to playing the instruments. A new boy who has never played guitar joins them.

Spoiler:  
      OK. It looks interesting so far. I gonna watch it.

If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord

Parenting. Fantasy. Slice of life. If you like this combination of genres, this anime might be for you.

Spoiler:  
      OK. I'm usually not a fan of slice of life, but it might be interesting. I gonna watch it.

Are You Lost?

Short episodes. Castaway. Adventure. Survival. Pantsu.

Spoiler:  
      Hmm… It's ok so far but I might get bored at some point. I might watch it.

Would you love a pervert as long as she's cute?

School. Fetishes. Perversion. Would you love a pervert as long as she's cute?

Spoiler:  
      I might love her, but probably not. It depends if she has anything else besides her fetishes. We will see.I'd rather not…

Dr Stone

Sci-Fi. Adventure. Survival. Something happened with the world. Can a group of people restore the humanity?

Spoiler:  
      ❌ The main character annoys me. The characters in this anime don't seem to have personalities so far, but rather roles to fulfill and they seem to be cliche. If it doesn't improve, I gonna drop it. This is just idiotic. A single guy fighting with a group of lions barehanded. Cool story, but no. Dropped.

Astra Lost in Space

Sci-Fi. Adventure. Survival. A group of young people must survive in space.

Spoiler:  
      ❌ My hopes for this anime were really high. Unfortunately it sucks. Everything is so naive. And it's also written badly and the characters are all predictable. The most important thing for them is who will be the leader, because they cannot live without listening to orders. Dropped.

Magical senpai

Illusion and pantsu. Pantsu is more important of these two.

Spoiler:  
      ❌ I can watch my own pantsu. And the gags are not very funny. Dropped.

Ensemble Stars!

Idol. School. A girl in a group of idol boys.

Spoiler:  
      ❌ I don't like idol anime. Dropped.

Re:Stage! Dream Days♪

Idol. School. A group of girls will train to win an idol competition.

Spoiler:  
      ❌ I don't like idol anime. Dropped.

Gorgeous Butterfly: Young Nobunaga

Historical. Samurai. Semi-biographical. War. Military. Theft.

Spoiler:  
      ❌ This is exactly the type of historical anime I dislike, so I won't watch it. Dropped.

Try Knights

Starts 31st of July.
      Last edited by unoduetre; 07-24-2019 at 09:34 PM.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      Information wants to be free. (Stewart Brand)

Re: Summer 2019 Anime Summaries and Recommendations

Isekai and survival seem to be the main themes of this season.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

I looked up Isekai Cheat Magician and after reading the summary I thought, wait, I've seen this three times before.

I'll probably still watch it.

But I might have a limit to this.
      sig art by miwool with help from poronegi; sticker credits: miwool sazi Yagi the Goat Shironappa

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by unoduetre View Post
      Astra Lost in Space

Sci-Fi. Adventure. Survival. A group of young people must survive in space.

Spoiler:  
      ❌ My hopes for this anime were really high. Unfortunately it sucks. Everything is so naive. And it's also written badly and the characters are all predictable. The most important thing for them is who will be the leader, because they cannot live without listening to orders. I won't watch it.
      I read some of the manga before.

I don't know why it got an anime.
      sig art by miwool with help from poronegi; sticker credits: miwool sazi Yagi the Goat Shironappa

Quote Originally Posted by Momogari View Post
      I read some of the manga before.

I don't know it got an anime.
      Did you like the manga? Any opinions about it you want to share?

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

No, your opinion was accurate of the manga as well. Hence why I'm confused why it has an anime now.

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Ah shit typos

Astra Lost in Space reminds me of western young-adult sci-fi books (especially space-opera) for some reason. I think they also use similar simplifications etc.

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I'm quite interested in Dr. Stone mainly for the science element that along with Vinland are the only anime im excited about this season. However I was pleasantly surprised by a few in the spring season so will give most of these title a chance.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Dr Stone got this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shogakukan_Manga_Award

Maybe it gonna improve. Maybe…

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by unoduetre View Post
      Astra Lost in Space reminds me of western young-adult sci-fi books (especially space-opera) for some reason. I think they also use similar simplifications etc.
      if that's the sf the kids are reading these days maybe someone should kill me now

Ha ha!

@Momogari

My guts tell me that you might like the art in Machikado Mazoku. Wanna try?

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Yeah sure

Hmm, it seems this season will have a lot of average/good anime and very few which are actually bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information