• Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Is Lore a total bore?

@Naughty Kitty What are you saying no to?

Well now I just feel silly, sorry Mel

Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

I was just responding to the original question of the thread "Is Lore a total bore" When saying "no it's not" Tanya. Look don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with games that are purely multiplayer and for that matter there are some game franchises that have put out some amazing campaign story lines. For that matter I grew up playing some of the games that made multi-player what it is today, Halo, Gears Of War, GTA, etc. I just like a good story as well.

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Kitty View Post
      I was just responding to the original question of the thread "Is Lore a total bore" When saying "no it's not" Tanya. Look don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with games that are purely multiplayer and for that matter there are some game franchises that have put out some amazing campaign story lines. For that matter I grew up playing some of the games that made multi-player what it is today, Halo, Gears Of War, GTA, etc. I just like a good story as well.
      I like how GTA is mentioned as a multiplayer classic even though only the latest installment has a multiplayer element. Goes to show what an impact that title had for the GTA franchise

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nishizono Shinji View Post
      I like how GTA is mentioned as a multiplayer classic even though only the latest installment has a multiplayer element. Goes to show what an impact that title had for the GTA franchise
      Well GTA Four had multi-player. I remember doing a bit of it, and they had co-op missions you could do seperate from the main campaign as a group of random thieves. There was also a free roam mold which I enjoyed quite a bit, you could just hang out with your friends or new people in the city and do whatever you felt like doing, start fights, go do stunts at the airport, fly the helicopters, and of course steal cars. Lot of fun and silly memories.

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Kitty View Post
      Well GTA Four had multi-player. I remember doing a bit of it, and they had co-op missions you could do seperate from the main campaign as a group of random thieves. There was also a free roam mold which I enjoyed quite a bit, you could just hang out with your friends or new people in the city and do whatever you felt like doing, start fights, go do stunts at the airport, fly the helicopters, and of course steal cars. Lot of fun and silly memories.
      I completely forgot IV had a multiplayer, I only played it solo lol

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

I completely forgot IV had a multiplayer, I only played it solo lol
      Well it had a an amazing story that one did, great campaign so I don't blame you. Plus if I recall right the multi-player was, not exactly hidden but if you didn't know to check the options for it on your in-game phone it would be easy enough to miss. But it's a nice example of how you could have a great story-line and fun multi-player all in one.

The Orange Idol~
      :c

Amused

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

A point was made in another thread regarding lore within video games so i thought i'd pose the question.

What are your opinions on reading through the lore of a videogame, do you like to read everything or are you the type to skip it all and get on with the gameplay?

Personally i enjoy reading through all the lore within a game i possibly can, it helps me fully immerse myself into the world in which the game is set. In particular the Elder Scrolls games, the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games have extensive lore material and I find great pleasure in taking my time and reading through as much as possible.
      Personally I think it depends on the TYPE of game.

Some games the lore seems somewhat forced and irrelevant, some games it's nice to learn and speculate the lore throughout the game, and others you kind of need to learn some before you start playing.

I think the games that do HAVE lore, but it's not necessary to enjoy the game, are probably the best, because I know a lot of people don't enjoy it that much
      ~UK Based Idol~
      ~Member of One Wish~
      COME JOIN THE DISNEY CLAN!!!
      ~Video Gaming HMod / Chatroom Mod / Cosplay, Arts & Writingl Mod / Disney Queen / Ravenclaw Head Girl~
      Feel free to ask me anything!

Spoiler:  

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information