• Wtf
  • zzzz

Administrator
      Roawr

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Thank you for Attending - 2020 will see an upgraded venue. Feedback also welcome!

We would like to thank everyone for attending Liverpool Anime & Gaming Con! Over 1,600 of you attended what has been our busiest ever Liverpool event.

We're pleased to announce that we will be returning next year on 13-14 June 2020 at a brand new venue that will be THREE TIMES larger than this year's. The new venue is the Adelphi Hotel and is within 5mins walk from the train station, so again very central. We have big plans for this, so make sure to stop by www.liverpoolanimecon.com later this week when we official launch for 2020!

We'd like to in the meantime invite your feedback and thoughts on the event. Did you enjoy it? Any thoughts or general opinions. Let us know here.

Meanwhile, do you have videos/photos to share? Post them here - https://www.animeleague.net/forum/sh...from-the-event
      Favourite memories/stories? Post them here - https://www.animeleague.net/forum/sh...from-the-event

Once more, many Thanks and see you all next year!
      Last edited by GraceMellody; 06-10-2019 at 07:55 PM.
      ---

Re: Thank you for Attending - 2020 will see an upgraded venue. Feedback also welcome!

Hi
      This was our first time at your event and We had a wonderful weekend . We stayed overnight in the hotel and they couldnít of been more helpful .
      We have one constructive suggestion . My son is 15 and I was there with him as the appropriate adult . We found it disappointing that there was nothing for him after the gaming room closed at 6 pm . we attend sifi conís and the evening activities especially tabletop gaming and D&D and such , have been available for supervised teens and young adults . Making the weekend more complete. Especially for those staying over .
      Many thanks for a great event

Administrator
      Roawr

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: Thank you for Attending - 2020 will see an upgraded venue. Feedback also welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jontysmum View Post
      Hi
      This was our first time at your event and We had a wonderful weekend . We stayed overnight in the hotel and they couldn’t of been more helpful .
      We have one constructive suggestion . My son is 15 and I was there with him as the appropriate adult . We found it disappointing that there was nothing for him after the gaming room closed at 6 pm . we attend sifi con’s and the evening activities especially tabletop gaming and D&D and such , have been available for supervised teens and young adults . Making the weekend more complete. Especially for those staying over .
      Many thanks for a great event
      We can confirm that with the bigger venue next year that tabletop activities will be running later next time around
      ---

'Yuno' why I'm here.

Depressed

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Afternoon,

I have been coming to Anime League cons for some years now and I enjoy them plenty, I usually attend with my friend Shooterman651 who has been to most of them with me. We also had a new addition this year in LAGC and this one. We all love these cons, so much more personal than the larger MCMs that are run in ginormous venues. I am very glad the venue size is increasing in Liverpool, maybe some day you will host in St Georges Hall?!

With this years con we noticed some slight things that could be improved upon, for instance the Sunday con battle and subsequent events completely fell through due to lack of audience and participants, we surmised this being due to it being a Sunday evening. However this is less often the case in LAGC as LAGC is way more hyped and events run a lot later on the Sunday. I see you have mentioned some activities will run later in the Adelphi, does this include the Sunday?

Another observation, the audience at Liverpool con, year after year has consistently been younger than other cons we have been to, I was wondering is there any logical reason for this, is it "targeted" towards a younger audience than the others or is it just happenstance. I think another point that would be worth mentioning is the manning of the entrance downstairs was not the best, I fully understand trying to restrict access to the event with normie foot fall through the hotel was probably troublesome. However there was a clear breakdown of communication between staff on the door on the Saturday and the staff at the ticket table upstairs, ergo a queue quickly built up waiting for appropriate staff to emerge with wristbands. The vendors packed up exceedingly early this year as well.

Other than these points, not too bad, some complaints with some vendors but this is unavoidable and by this point a moot issue. I think lastly I would mention that the announcer on the Saturday masquerade had no clue how to pronounce any character names and it was quite jarring, I sensed a normie spy. But the other stage work and presence was very good and engaging. Interesting side note, I had my wedding reception at the Adelphi, it is a fine choice! I hope Liverpool con keeps growing, as it is my home turf. LAGC is still THE BEST con ever.

Thanks for another great con and another weekend long hangover Ferefire, we have yet to meet in person. Not that we have chatted but I think you deserve a drink for this site and these cons. I was interested in staffing next year as well, anything I need to have done before hand?

As a last point can I suggest you contact Liverpool's resident e-sports cafe, Horizon, they may be interested in putting an appearance in. Or perhaps vice versa, https://www.horizonesport.com/

Cya.

Administrator
      Roawr

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@Rushy89

I can confirm that does indeed include the Sunday. I can't answer everything else from my end, but I can say that the targeting on our advertising is geared toward all ages from 13-65 primarily via facebook and google (as well as the standard word of mouth, flyering etc). Regarding the manning of doors, I think the layout of the venue unfortunately makes it difficult to maintain good communication at times especially during peak rush-hour. The new venue should see a substantial improvement there.

Thanks for another great con and another weekend long hangover Ferefire, we have yet to meet in person. Not that we have chatted but I think you deserve a drink for this site and these cons. I was interested in staffing next year as well, anything I need to have done before hand?

As a last point can I suggest you contact Liverpool's resident e-sports cafe, Horizon, they may be interested in putting an appearance in. Or perhaps vice versa, https://www.horizonesport.com/

Cya.
      I'm sure we will for next year. If you have me on fb, feel free to msg me (or add me) and I'll drop you a signup link on how to apply for crewing. The e-sports cafe thanks for the suggestion - will look into that!
      ---

Thread Information