• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Assistant
      Jumping On My Bed!

Awesome

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Re: Space Western (Rimworld)

Had also started working. The trees she wanted were heavy thick and had been growing for some time, they would make good materials for building and also would help clear a small area in front of the cave, in case of defense that would mean that an opposing force would have to cross relatively open ground with no real cover to get to the cave, a pleasing prospect tactics wise. She set to work chopping and splitting soon having a good pile of logs to take back with her, thank fully the distance was small so she was able to store the wood at the back of the shelter and then resume chopping with little time lost.

She nodded at Jared when he passed her on returning and continued to work herself, getting in as much possible work as the daylight allowed. For now at least it seemed like it would be a peaceful start to their cast-away expedition.

Jared slings the rifle over his shoulder and finds another ax, joining her in chopping wood, clearing the area. he suddenly stops moving pulling out the rifle and crouching. creeping along among some of the trees.

he was a distance away when he gave a shrill whistle with his teeth.

Jared had spotted a ground hog, and the creature's danger signal was to give a whistle to alert the other of their kind to danger.

the animal poked up it's head and he quickly and cleanly executed it with shot.

considering that they had enough fresh material for a few days he took the animal and stringing up a clothesline of sort, started his kills draining.

he was clearly distracted from the work, so he didn't get a ton of logging done, but his help made it go quicker.

Assistant
      Jumping On My Bed!

Awesome

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Ingrid seemed pleased by Jared's hunting results and worked hard in the meantime. By the end of things they had a small, cleared area in front of the cave, and some good wood to use for building or for fires and torches. She finally placed her ax back where she had found it as the day began to wane and walked over to Jared.

"That was a good kill," She complimented him. "Be getting dark soon, well need to consider what arrangements to make there." She looked around again and smiled, "But it's not a bad start, I can build a fire if you like and make a few torches to be ready if extra light is needed. Cooking the meat up should help it last a bit longer.

She went into the cave as the shadows began to lengthen and set about preparing a cooking fire in the center of the cave for maximum lighting making sure it was built well away from any supplies.

he watched her build the fire, a stupid grin on his face. he shakes his head. more to himself than anything, and set about butchering the meat once it was sufficently drained.

It made a garish mess right outside the cave, but, it beat having blood everywhere inside.

The snake meat he'd cut into coins, and with a cooking pot of some description, he set to work cooking.

Seemingly in the first little bit of his excursion he'd gathered wild tubors. potato like items he also cut up, after cleaning the knife of course

he'd kinda gone silent after they'd made their first plan.

he uses a fork to turn over the snake coins.

the fire glinted in his eyes as he glanced over at her. he looked like he was going to say somthing, but thought better of it.

Assistant
      Jumping On My Bed!

Awesome

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Was sitting cross legged in front of a small bit of cloth that had been salvaged from the packing material of the crates. She was busily field stripping and cleaning her pistol with but said quietly, "We're apt to be here for a good bit of a while Jared," She said as she finished cleaning and began to re-assemble her weapon. "Might as well speak your mind if you've a care too. We've precious else to do for entertainment at the moment."

She snapped the final pieces together and checked that the slide was moving correctly. Loading it she set it back in it's holster and began to neatly wrap up her cleaning supplies.

"The food smells very good," She added in her matter fact way of giving compliments. "As I said earlier, a good start."

"There's a PMC group, they Ascended me off Tantalorn... my home. I thought I'd escaped that hell. honestly, I thought I'd actually have backup wherever they decided to ship me off. Field rations for days, with the dehydrated MRE's that warm when you add water. sitting still in a tower watching some Glassy desert while they did illegal research for some corporation? Government? whoever the hell they worked for."

he makes up a plate and hands it off to her.

"I'd worked for them a bit. Fire is basically a giant come get me sign. so I never typically built one in the field" he reaches foward warming his hands "But it does kinda remind me of home"

he fishes out his own plate

"Cooking is a luxury in constellation's operations. it's good to actually do some campfire cooking, so I'm glad it smells good. I hope it lives up to your tastes, even if the meat is sub-par."

he takes a coin of the snake meat in his fingers and pops it in his mouth. in doing this, she can see the snake bite.

he leans up against the cave wall. relaxing. letting out a big yawn and still lazily eating.

"Damn I miss tables though. did a bit of carpentry on tantalorn, to help me not starve to death. whenever I actually had a home, even if it was a dreggy appartment, always had a table. almost more important than a damn bed."

Assistant
      Jumping On My Bed!

Awesome

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Smiled a bit at that last part and nodded, "Tables are important," She said as she picked up one of the med kits and moved over beside Jared, "Let me take a look," She said gently but firmly taking his hand in her own and studying the bite before cleaning it carefully, sterilizing it and then wrapping it carefully in a fresh bandage. "Can't be to careful out here," She explained as she released his hand with a satisfied nod. "This is an unknown world after all, can't have one of us getting sick especially right now, should be okay though, no big swelling and your still on your feet and talking, looks like you were lucky there."

She resumed her meal and nodded at his story while she ate, "This is very good," She complimented about the meal, adding jokingly, "Even without a table." She smiled but then turned serious. "Think we'll be okay to both get some sleep for tonight. I've stacked some wood near the front of the cave since we hadn't had a chance to make sandbags. Not as effective but it should provide some protection if anyone is even out there." She shrugged. "Better to be prepared, just in case, and here..." She handed Jared the flack pants and helmet from the set of gear. "Figure at a distance you're going to be the one an armed enemy will be more likely to go for with a head shot since that might be all they can see at range if you're in cover. The pants will help with kneeling and crouching, and give your lower body some protection should stuff start flying."

She hefted the armor vest and shrugged it on, "My weapon is short range, so I'll probably be meeting any hand to hand fighters head on, before they can get you. A lot tend to go for the chest for stabbing so if you don't mind I'll hold onto this." She shrugged. "Best to keep weapons and armor close to hand, and ready to go. If there is any sort of raid or something we might not have any real time to go back and prepare. Hopefully it will never come to that though."

She'd spread out a pair of sleeping blankets near the fire, after she finished eating she said, "The meal was very good thank you Jared, I suppose we'd best get some sleep while we can, tomorrow will probably be a busy one, and we'll want to be at our best. Anything else before we turn in?"

"You totally can if it's going to waste supplies on a scratch." he says wincing slightly as she sterilizes the cut. he looks the wound over "you did a good job patching me up. you some kinda doctor?"

"Don't really like talking much... Kinda like Stewing in silence" he says with a slight laugh.

he takes the gear pulling it on. "At range, they're just as likely to use a mortar." he says with a slight scoff "but I guess that assumes too much"

he takes his blanket, taking his spot on the floor.

"If you're afraid of a raid, maybe one of us should keep watch? but there's kinda a paradox of watch.... if we're out there and alert in the night anyone wandering through will know what's up after seeing us, but, if the crate is gone, and it's just supplies and wreckage, they shouldn't immediately have a clue where we've gone.

"Sleep tight Ingrid"

Assistant
      Jumping On My Bed!

Awesome

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Nodded, "I know it's not perfect," She said as she settled down, "But we've limited supplies and weapons at the moment, we'll have to make do as best we can with what we have."

She pulled the blanket over herself, keeping her armor and weapon strapped on and said in a sleepy tone, "Good night Jared, let's hope for the best and see what the morning brings."

She was asleep in seconds, while her body worked to repair itself and she dreamed of what the next day might bring. They had been lucky, at least as much as could be expected, so far, but would that luck hold out? Time would tell."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information